Player instructions Nintendo Switch

Hi there, 

Could someone help me? I have recently bought the Touch version for Switch. This is the first non-full PC version of the series I have played. I am currently trying to alter my tactics, specifically the player instructions and I am struggling. The instructions relating to the player's movement/positioning do not seem to be editable and I don't understand why. An example: I have a CM as Advanced Playmaker with Attack duty & I want to instruct them to 'Get Further Forward' and 'Stay Wider'. However, when I select these the game does not appear to register them. It shows that I have clicked onto them by virtue of the white arrow which comes out of the red circle with a green outline. However, the pizza slices with each of the instructions in them do not turn green as they would if you selected them for other instructions e. g. 'Tackle Harder'. I know that I have not changed anything because the OK button at the bottom is greyed out, implying that I have not made any changes. This only seems to apply to the player movement options (Run Wide With Ball is also affected). 

Does anyone know why this might be? I am tearing my hair out a bit - I like playing about with these instructions & it will be disappointing if I can't use them. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to. 

Thanks for your help.