Caretaker Manager

LBall94_

Ok so this is a personal thing, I absolutely hate when coaches take over as caretaker manager and it shows up in their history, personally I think if they take over as interim manager then it should show in their history not caretaker because if they take over as caretaker manager it sometimes fills up their whole manager history and looks ugly. 

1856859231_Screenshot2021-01-14at22_17_11.png.e5c7ee102e884e32e10351c3b784bcb6.png

I also think the caretaker role needs to be checked because sometimes the U18 assistant manager takes charge when there is an u18 manager and u23 manager at the club, when does the u18 assistant ever take over as caretaker manager? haha, Just something I think needs looking at, also usually if the assistant or coaches don't leave with the manager then they would take over as caretaker so I think it should be in order of First Team staff to get the 1st look in to be the Caretaker, Then U23 Staff, Then U18 Staff. It would make more sense.

Finally, Some clubs don't hire a Caretaker and just hire a Manager straight away, I'll give you an example Mauricio Pochettino was sacked from Tottenham and the very next day Jose Mourinho was hired, no Caretaker was hired,  So maybe it could be a trait for a Chairman or Director of Football/Technical Director to hire a Caretaker or not hire a Caretaker. 

I think one way to cut this out is caretakers should be hired the day before a game and not straight away when a manager is sacked. (Also if a manager is hired on the same day as a game they shouldn't be allowed to take charge but can attend the game just like in real life). Thanks Guys.

• 4 weeks later...