The most frustrating match in a frustating season.

Herolover

Early 3rd season with St. Albans in the Vanarama National League South.

The season had already been frustrating before the match in question. I started off with a great preseason and just as I was about to sign two 5 star players to fill needed spots in my starting XI I get a takeover and a transfer embargo from board takeover. They new board didn't even give me any new money or erase old debt. So for the majority of preseason, when you want to sign players, I cannot sign anyone.

The season gets off to a decent start though and I am 3 wins, 2 draw, 1 loss. I am in 5th place playing 8th place Havant & Waterlooville.

In Order

• 2nd minute: The game starts badly as my starting DL goes down with an injury apparently from kicking the ball.
  • 12th minute: I get Penalty kick and successfully convert 1-0.
  • 17th minute: My starting CDR gets hurt apparently from heading the ball.
  • 56th minute: Their player pulls a Maradona and runs the length of the field, through my defense, and scores a goal despite me being on "Close Down Extremely Urgently" AND "Get Stuck In." 1-1
  • 58th minute: Their GK kicks a long kick over everyone and my starting CDL is there. He kicks the ball to clear it. It hits my backup CD in the head right to the feet of a H&W player that runs on and scores. 1-2
  • 73rd minute: I get a wonderful goal that is called back because Casper the friendly ghost was offside.
  • 82nd minute: I get a goal on a headed corner kick. 2-2.
  • 83rd minute: My team decides why defend a cross. 2-3.

I lose. 2-3.

Leading CD.Out 2-3 months torn hamstring.
DL out 3-4 weeks. His backup has been benched because of bad form, but now must be the starter.

This season is the most frustrating I have ever had in FM and I am not out of August yet.

15 hours ago, Herolover said:

Early 3rd season with St. Albans in the Vanarama National League South.

The season had already been frustrating before the match in question. I started off with a great preseason and just as I was about to sign two 5 star players to fill needed spots in my starting XI I get a takeover and a transfer embargo from board takeover. They new board didn't even give me any new money or erase old debt. So for the majority of preseason, when you want to sign players, I cannot sign anyone.

The season gets off to a decent start though and I am 3 wins, 2 draw, 1 loss. I am in 5th place playing 8th place Havant & Waterlooville.

In Order

• 2nd minute: The game starts badly as my starting DL goes down with an injury apparently from kicking the ball.
  • 12th minute: I get Penalty kick and successfully convert 1-0.
  • 17th minute: My starting CDR gets hurt apparently from heading the ball.
  • 56th minute: Their player pulls a Maradona and runs the length of the field, through my defense, and scores a goal despite me being on "Close Down Extremely Urgently" AND "Get Stuck In." 1-1
  • 58th minute: Their GK kicks a long kick over everyone and my starting CDL is there. He kicks the ball to clear it. It hits my backup CD in the head right to the feet of a H&W player that runs on and scores. 1-2
  • 73rd minute: I get a wonderful goal that is called back because Casper the friendly ghost was offside.
  • 82nd minute: I get a goal on a headed corner kick. 2-2.
  • 83rd minute: My team decides why defend a cross. 2-3.

I lose. 2-3.

Leading CD.Out 2-3 months torn hamstring.
DL out 3-4 weeks. His backup has been benched because of bad form, but now must be the starter.

This season is the most frustrating I have ever had in FM and I am not out of August yet.

Happens ...