Talking to Board/Chairman to stop them Selling a Player & Next Day they accept new Offers

Okay I'm experiencing this a lot in the game playing as a lower club, where clubs will come in and make transfer offers for my best and promising players that I obviously want to retain and lead the club to promotions and hopefully success. I can reject the offers to a point, then the Chairman or the Board will interject and interfere and accept offers for the player, even though they fall way below what the player is potentially worth and often times ignoring completely the minimum release fee I have put into their contract.

I can usually interact with the Chairman or Board on the first occasion they accept a transfer offer and can talk to them and ask them to re-consider the sale because I feel the player would be far more use to the club and be able to bring the club success. In my experiences so far they usually agree and cancel the transfer at this point. Great stuff.

Next day however in game same club or new clubs make new offers for the same player or players and the Chairman or Board accept them again. This time however I have no option to talk to them and ask them to re-consider or cancel the sale. Only option that appears is for me to Resign.

Surely there should be some minimum amount of time from when you ask the board to re-consider or cancel the sale of a player to them accepting new offers for the player. I'm thinking if you get the board to re-consider, they should then align with you and reject any further offers for that player for a minimum 6 months or until the next transfer window.

Right now it's getting super annoying and super tough to constantly keep losing my best players and being seemingly powerless or optionless to stop it. I can't even have a discussion or conversation with the player to ask him to turn down the clubs offers and remain at the club, something I feel I should be able to do with players who I have strong relationships with and who like and enjoy playing for the club.

• SI Staff

@cwattyeso

Hey, yeah I see your point - you spend ages developing a young talent and the board think £5m is an offer they can't refuse. Sadly realistic...!

But yeah, if you're powerless to do anything at all? This might be something we need to add to the game rather than something not working but your feedback makes sense to me.

I'd like your save please, might be a bit difficult sorry but the best save would be one before a player gets sold by the board. That way we can see the whole process. (if not, no problem, I will try to recreate internally)

Hey if I got offers of £5m for my players at lower league I would consider them, I'm not totally unrealistic in that would be a lot of money to clubs at Vanarama League level, and could potentially sign a few players to strengthen the squad or be used to build and invest in better facilities. It's the fact that the board are accepting offers of £35K or £100K for players that's annoying. Especially when most of these players I have put Minimum Release Causes into their contracts for £1m or more. Why are the board ignoring the player contracts and minimum release fees completely? If a player has a £1 Million minimum release fee why are the board accepting offers of £110k with an option to arrange a friendly?

I recently had a club make an offer for a member of my staff, a Physio, and the game allowed me to talk to him and persuade him to reject the offers and remain with at the club and continue working with me. Why isn't there a similar option for players? Especially in this situation where the board is instigating sales that neither myself nor the player have requested.

I tried to upload my recent save file at the pre-season point of my 3rd season in game, where obviously I'm getting bombarded with offers for my players prior to the new season starting. However either due to my internet upload speed or the size of my save file (335,607KB) it keeps timing out on that SI Cloud Service upload.

I want to add to this post. This is the reason i've just given up on my Concord Rangers save after leading them to League One and had a really enjoyable save. BUT... the issue is HOW this feature works, not why it's there. And it's been flawed since its introduction a few versions ago.

My best prospect, an 18-year-old U20s English goalkeeper, valued at 35k-40k.

Chairman accepts a 300k-400k offer from Brighton, including silly stuff like arrange a friendly and 250k when my player has an international app, because it's "too good to refuse". AND i know that when i use the "offer to clubs" feature, i get offers of 5 million from 4-5 other premier league clubs!  And i've reloaded the save, over and over again, the player keeps accepting the contract from Brighton (cannot chat with him because he's unhappy). This has been the same story for the past few FMs and is causing me to give up on my save. My club is struggling with finances, i develop a player i can sell for 5 million and now i'm losing him for 250k???  No sense at all.

Uploaded a save game now, named Panayiotis Panteli - Concord.

Edited by Pantelas