What are the Spanish league first team & b-team registration rules?

I've tried looking for this info online but getting mixed results. What are the rules around player registration concerning my first team and b-team in the Spanish league?

I am in Liga123, and when registering my squad it says "players registered for the first team cannot play for a lower team" - does this refer to the b-team, or is that classed separately? When a b-team fixture comes up, I am given the option to make first team players available, which seems contradictory.

I suppose quite simply my questions are:

- Can a player who is registered for the first team play for the b-team (or under 19s)?

- Can a player who is registered for the b-team play for the first team (or under 19s)?

Thanks

I might be wrong, but trying to summarize registration rules in Spain:

Registration in Spain and specially B-teams is not very well implemented and it comes from a long time. In spain, B teams can be a dependent team (that shares facilities, board, club structure... this is the most common) or an independent team, considered an affiliate (with different board, club structure... a few examples are Girona and Peralada or SD Eibar and CD Vitoria), rules are slightly different depending on which is the case.

First premise, which is not implemented in FM21, is that U23 players can move freely and play with teams above their registered ones:

- Without any restriction, if it's a dependent team. An example of this is Oihan Sancet, who played 17 games with Athletic first team last season and then went down to play promotion to Segunda Division with Athletic B

- If it's an independent club, once they've played 10 games with first-team they are not allowed to go down again.

Also, you have to play at least 7 players registered with the first team (this season it's down to 5 if I remember right if a team has a lot of COVID cases), so in fact you can only play 4 non first team registered players at the same time

In FM21, that freedom of movement is restricted to U19, and B-teams are considered as independent, so the 10-game cap is on for all the teams. So, in-game:

- U19 registered: can play with both B and First team

- B registered: can play with first team only if he is U19 (should be U23).

- First team registered: can only play first-team games.

And should be:

- U19 registered: can play with both B and First team*

- B registered: can play with first team only if he is U23*

- First team registered: can only play first-team games.*

*If the B-team is affiliated (independent), they can't go back down after they have played 10 games with a superior team.

There are some other rules, like an NBA-like salary cap for professional teams, but this is also not implemented in-game. All these registration changes have been reported, but they are uncorrected at the moment.

Answering your questions:

4 hours ago, jammy8892 said:

Can a player who is registered for the first team play for the b-team (or under 19s)?

No. First-team registered players can only play with the first team.

4 hours ago, jammy8892 said:

- Can a player who is registered for the b-team play for the first team (or under 19s)?

If he is registered for the B-team, he can't play for U19. He will be able to play for first-team if he is U19, but after 10 matches he won't be able to go back to B-team. In real life, he would be able to play with first team if he is U23 and depending of the clubs relationship, he would have a 10 match cap.