FM21 England Level 11 Challenge

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played with Redcar Athletic last season in my T5 (Tier Ten To The Top) challenge and database was great.  4 promotions in 6 seasons plus FA Vase win but was sacked in season 7 when mid-table in Vanarama North (pretty harsh in my view) so just about to embark on this challenge.  Will go with Redcar Town, level 11,  who sit in the North Riding League Premier Division.

Just adding the club and competition logos etc as I like it to be as realistic as possible.

I assume we can use the Player Search facility as I know a number of challenges that don't allow it.

1 hour ago, andydick said:

Played with Redcar Athletic last season in my T5 (Tier Ten To The Top) challenge and database was great.  4 promotions in 6 seasons plus FA Vase win but was sacked in season 7 when mid-table in Vanarama North (pretty harsh in my view) so just about to embark on this challenge.  Will go with Redcar Town, level 11,  who sit in the North Riding League Premier Division.

Just adding the club and competition logos etc as I like it to be as realistic as possible.

I assume we can use the Player Search facility as I know a number of challenges that don't allow it.

Yes you can use the player search facility.

The rules say you have to start unemployed though.

What does everyone think about changing the rules to pick the team you want from the start (as long as is Level 11 though) You can still start unemployed though if you wanted to.

Redcar Town wont have a manager at the start anyway along with every other club at Level 11 so you would probally have a very good chance of getting the job anyway.

Edited by lionel messi

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I will have a updated file soon with prize money for the cups at Level 7-11.

I wont be starting again as i will be carrying on with this save.

The prize money for the FA Competions was already done.

Yep I think thats ok as long as its back at level 11, bit harsh getting sacked 

17 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes you can use the player search facility.

The rules say you have to start unemployed though.

What does everyone think about changing the rules to pick the team you want from the start (as long as is Level 11 though) You can still start unemployed though if you wanted to.

Redcar Town wont have a manager at the start anyway along with every other club at Level 11 so you would probally have a very good chance of getting the job anyway.

OK, sounds good.

I did start unemployed and, like many folk, was offered Wigan Athletic but turned it down.  As you say, Redcar Town didn't have a manager anyway so I applied and got the job.  

9 minutes ago, andydick said:

OK, sounds good.

I did start unemployed and, like many folk, was offered Wigan Athletic but turned it down.  As you say, Redcar Town didn't have a manager anyway so I applied and got the job.  

I think we have all been offered the interview by Wigan Athletic, surely a bug with our sunday league reputation.

Dont forget to do a screenshot of your manager profile when you start.

1 hour ago, postman123 said:

Good work mate, I am determined to win the vase, there are some good teams in it though

I could have done with getting a bit further in the vase to get some much needed money lol.

I have the FA Cup & FA Vase this year so hopefully could wipe the debt out.

I can offer part-time contracts now which is better, I have been getting players without giving them any bonuses which saves a bit of money.

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I could have done with getting a bit further in the vase to get some much needed money lol.

I have the FA Cup & FA Vase this year so hopefully could wipe the debt out.

I can offer part-time contracts now which is better, I have been getting players without giving them any bonuses which saves a bit of money.

Once players are under contact it makes life so much easier, any good strikers mate ?

Started with Redcar Town, trialled loads of players and ended up with a squad of 5 star players and we were winning every game comfortably .. not really a challenge.  In fairness though this isn't any different to previous versions of FM .. whilst players are non-contract it's easy to clear out a whole squad and replace with a better one in a few days. 

So I re-started at the point I was offered the Redcar Town job but this time I can't use the Player search.  Focus is then to get scouts in (place an advert not via staff search), use the scouting budget and make sure every player scouted gets shortlisted so I have a record of every player I've come across.  It can take 2 game weeks to get a second scout in (I already had 1) so you don't get to trial many new players early on.

Latest below.  Bad start simply because the squad was rubbish but over time your scouts find players through assignments or recommendations and unattached players offer their services.

Squad is starting to take shape.  5 games in, won 4 and top of the table at the moment.  

image.thumb.png.5bfd4fdaebf7fd7e46a20080ee78e46a.png

5 hours ago, andydick said:

Started with Redcar Town, trialled loads of players and ended up with a squad of 5 star players and we were winning every game comfortably .. not really a challenge.  In fairness though this isn't any different to previous versions of FM .. whilst players are non-contract it's easy to clear out a whole squad and replace with a better one in a few days. 

So I re-started at the point I was offered the Redcar Town job but this time I can't use the Player search.  Focus is then to get scouts in (place an advert not via staff search), use the scouting budget and make sure every player scouted gets shortlisted so I have a record of every player I've come across.  It can take 2 game weeks to get a second scout in (I already had 1) so you don't get to trial many new players early on.

Latest below.  Bad start simply because the squad was rubbish but over time your scouts find players through assignments or recommendations and unattached players offer their services.

Squad is starting to take shape.  5 games in, won 4 and top of the table at the moment.  

image.thumb.png.5bfd4fdaebf7fd7e46a20080ee78e46a.png

Yes i think it has always been like this in low levels on football manager.

I could lower the club reputations for the teams at Level 11, i dont think it would make that much of a difference though to be honest.

I wish football manager would increase the highest skill level from 20 up to 25 or even 30, maybe that would make a bit of a difference when playing at really low levels.

This is the reason i dont go beyond Level 11, there seems no point has teams at Level 20 are basically the same as teams at Level 11 and above.

On 28/01/2021 at 12:00, BuzzR said:

Hi,

First of all, I think this challenge is amazing and seeing you guys sharing infos about your journey is fantastic.

I don't want to go off topic but I couldn't help notice that some of you have finished a season in 1 or 2 days .. how do you manage to do that ? When I play It takes me 2-3 weeks (!) for a season. 

I am genuinely curious as I think I am doing something wrong.

Hi mate, It might be the speeds of our computers, to be fair I spent prob 8 - 10 hours a day on it at the minute