B team head coach not arranging friendlies

Hi

As the title says, my B team head coach has for some reason stopped arranging friendly matches. I have plenty of players for him to make a starting 11 and several of them are needing match fitness. Also, the box "B team head coach arranges friendlies" is ticked (also tried unpicking it). Plenty of B team friendlies were played first year, i arranged them myself second year but now i third season it has become somewhat tedious. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Kloppslap said:

No I don't have anything custom I only use what's included with the game so it's always the latest database and patch with the default skin for me.

Please can you upload the save and we'll take a look, thanks.

More info on how to upload for support here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015264418-How-to-upload-files-for-support#text 

Remember to let us know the file name. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

The whole match page in staff responsibilities that regard to B/youth teams doesn't work. The checkboxes don't actually do what they say, you can't change whether you're asked for players to play in a b-team game, and you cant decide whether b/youth team managers create friendlies and how often.

This has been reported since release, and we've been told it's "under review" since November if i'm not mistaken. It's been reported with save files by multiple people, so either a whole section of the game not working as intended is not a priority, or it's a really big underlying problem. The weird part is, it seems like it's purely a UI issue, and the exact same checkboxes and pull-down menus in the same page have worked for years.

It's all really odd, and the messed up part is this - if the AI teams are not doing this either, then the whole game world will be skewed since fringe players are not playing enough and are never match fit. Here's hoping it just affects the human controlled team.

Anyway, it's been four months with nothing done on this issue, so maybe smarter to hope they fix it for '24.

5 hours ago, MikaV84 said:

The whole match page in staff responsibilities that regard to B/youth teams doesn't work. The checkboxes don't actually do what they say, you can't change whether you're asked for players to play in a b-team game, and you cant decide whether b/youth team managers create friendlies and how often.

This has been reported since release, and we've been told it's "under review" since November if i'm not mistaken. It's been reported with save files by multiple people, so either a whole section of the game not working as intended is not a priority, or it's a really big underlying problem. The weird part is, it seems like it's purely a UI issue, and the exact same checkboxes and pull-down menus in the same page have worked for years.

It's all really odd, and the messed up part is this - if the AI teams are not doing this either, then the whole game world will be skewed since fringe players are not playing enough and are never match fit. Here's hoping it just affects the human controlled team.

Anyway, it's been four months with nothing done on this issue, so maybe smarter to hope they fix it for '24.

I thought there was an issue with it, it’s only this one where friendlies are not happening. Hopefully they can sort it. 

1 hour ago, Jonthedon26 said:

I noticed the other day that my U23s team had like 1 league game per month for 2 straight months and no friendlies had been arranged...was ultra annoying having to do it all manually

Yeah, I’m not one to sort it as it’s too much messing around which is why I let my staff sort that, it’s annoying that my youth players and fringe first team players not getting minutes and lacking match sharpness.