Finding a new job after getting sacked

Does anyone else find it really difficult to get a decent job after being sacked? 

I recently had a save game where I took Sunderland from League 1 (English 3rd tier) to the Premier League in 4 seasons. 

In my 5th season, we struggled and I got sacked in January. Fair enough. Results weren't good. At the time of my sacking I had a Gold coaching badge and Regional reputation. 

I spent the next year in-game applying for every single job that came up (in England top 3 divisions, USA, Australia, Argentina and international) and the only offers I got were from newly promoted teams in the English 3rd tier. 

I didn't like the prospect of effectively starting from the beginning again and slogging through another couple of 46-game seasons, so in the end I ditched that save game and started a new one. 

But should I be finding it so hard to be offered a job in the top two tiers?

I get that maybe the game thought I was out of my depth at PL level but I was always competitive in the Championship (2nd tier) so surely I should be getting offers at that level?

I'm interested to hear other people's experiences and thoughts. 

Edited by passenger58

The reputation is the main issue, with regional you can't really find jobs in tier 2 top leagues. With that run you should have been on national reputation which would allow you to get, for example, offers from the championship. 

I know they tweaked the reputation growth but I still see no improvement, specially if we don't win any trophies (just getting promoted) and still find it a struggle for journeyman managers like myself. 

I've posted before, when looking for jobs I see little to no difference between unknwon , local and regional reputation. Only after national reputation is when you will start to see a difference. 

Edited by Hildor