Frustrating Gameplay

First off I should mention I don't have any problem winning titles, cups etc. My tactics have usually done pretty well in FM, and I've been playing for years. However, this mobile version is becoming increasingly frustrating due to unexplainable gameplay issues. I have some tactics that average around 3-4 gpg, tested with multiple teams in different leagues. The problem is in every single save the teams results seem to plummet after January... Like a switch, they just fail to play to the same standard. This normally picks up towards the end of the season, buts it's annoying all the same. 

Secondly, in games that my team is dominating at half time the 2nd half is almost always goalless (or the opponent scoring 1 or 2 goals with just as many shots on goal). Now I could understand this if there seemed to be any change to the oppositions tactics or formation, but there almost never is which is the most frustrating part. I've tried to tinker with my own instructions in the 2nd half in attempts to counter this, but it almost always fails to make a difference. My team just stops scoring, almost as if they're resting on their laurels. Is this something intentional in an attempt to water down overpowered tactics? I know that I'm not the only one experiencing this either from posts on another forum. 

• SI Staff

I'm guessing there are two things likely to cause what you're indicating:

1. You're at a smaller club and in a nation with bad weather and your tactic doesn't suit cold, rainy days and muddy pitches?
  2. You're not rotating players and your tactic requires a lot of pressing and your squad is tiring out after a while leading to you conceding?

PS - There is nothing which disadvantages humans built into the game at all, however some players (for any side) might get cocky/complacent at times within a match or season ... this is most common for unprofessional players and/or youngsters .. as always please feel free to forward me a save and I'll look into things as it 'could' be there is an issue I haven't seen before, if not then I can at least suggest an approach which might help you.

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'm guessing there are two things likely to cause what you're indicating:

1. You're at a smaller club and in a nation with bad weather and your tactic doesn't suit cold, rainy days and muddy pitches?
  2. You're not rotating players and your tactic requires a lot of pressing and your squad is tiring out after a while leading to you conceding?

PS - There is nothing which disadvantages humans built into the game at all, however some players (for any side) might get cocky/complacent at times within a match or season ... this is most common for unprofessional players and/or youngsters .. as always please feel free to forward me a save and I'll look into things as it 'could' be there is an issue I haven't seen before, if not then I can at least suggest an approach which might help you.

I've mainly been managing top tier clubs, and have noticed this on most saves. Never thought about the weather though tbh, and for some reason didn't even consider it would affect tactics and style of play, on the mobile version atleast. 

I do try to rotate my players a lot. Normally I would sub someone off if they go below 75%, and if they showed as jaded or slightly tired I would try to give them a rest when possible. I do tend to play very attacking football so my players do wear out quite quickly but it does seem very strange that whenever I have a strong lead at half time I'm almost guaranteed to not score another goal whilst the opponents may grab a couple. I'll happily send over some saves when I get a chance. Got a few to hand that I've been experiencing this kind of thing on. Cheers

Hi. Might be worth checking the squad Dynamics page for their Determination rating to see if there are any regular starters who may be adversely affecting it. I had a team once that often threw away points by conceding late goals, and their Determination rating was the problem. 

Edited by passenger58