Optional future fee in loan agreement not working?

Hi all,

In a recent game I have with my friends, one of us managed to sneak a £1m option to buy clause in to a loan contract for Billy Gilmour which another friend of mine failed to spot being the manager of Chelsea (and still hasn't seen).

My issue is the following:

As soon as the loan has been confirmed (after a few days), if you try to trigger that optional future fee of £1m and send the offer, it gives the other user (manager of Chelsea) the ability to reject the offer which theoretically speaking shouldn't be possible given the optional fee has been triggered. Why is this?

I notice that the following is mentioned when submitting the offer:

"Gilmour has a set up-front transfer fee of £1,000,000 plus additional clauses due to an agreement in his loan deal". I assume the Chelsea manager has the ability to reject it because these additional clauses haven't been met? The issue is that there is nowhere to see what these additional clauses are!

For clarity, there is definitely no other clauses on the loan offer itself which would be easy to spot... I have also tried this exact same transfer scenario in two different saves where the issue is apparent in both.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

4 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

If you have a save game that shows the issue could you please upload the save game to our cloud service and we will look into it. 

Thanks for coming back to me - I have uploaded the save now I believe.

It is called "Jack Vincent - Chelsea.fm".

I have tried multiple offers multiple times to no avail. Both Man United & Chelsea have user managers whom I have been trying it with as a test. In the actual game with my friends, it was with Everton.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks,

• SI Staff

Hi @iStaan

Thanks for uploading the save game, been really helpful. This issue has now been passed on to our dev team to investigate. 

In single player FM, the additional clauses cited are mentioned in the transfer offer and added in be default. Not sure why this isn't the case for network games, but this info has been passed on to the dev team.

Cheers,

Julius

28 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

Hi @iStaan

Thanks for uploading the save game, been really helpful. This issue has now been passed on to our dev team to investigate. 

In single player FM, the additional clauses cited are mentioned in the transfer offer and added in be default. Not sure why this isn't the case for network games, but this info has been passed on to the dev team.

Cheers,

Julius

Thank you, in terms of this save game itself - is there no way to complete this signing then?

For example, will the clauses that you can see in single player be the exact same in a network game it's just that we can't see them but I can still activate them? Or is it that there is a glitch with the clauses that we can't actually complete the transfer.

This would be a massive help for my current game to know.

Thanks,

• SI Staff

I believe the only way to complete the signing is to put hope in the benevolence of the Chelsea manager in this save, and hope they honour the clause and accept the offer, I'm afraid.

So I checked in a network (and also hot-seat game) and even when the optional future fee was a flat fee with no additional clauses, the selling club were still able to reject an offer that should trigger the optional fee. I believe it's an issue that's occurring when the option is agreed between two user controlled clubs rather than about hidden clauses not appearing, hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Julius 

52 minutes ago, Julius Flusfeder said:

I believe the only way to complete the signing is to put hope in the benevolence of the Chelsea manager in this save, and hope they honour the clause and accept the offer, I'm afraid.

So I checked in a network (and also hot-seat game) and even when the optional future fee was a flat fee with no additional clauses, the selling club were still able to reject an offer that should trigger the optional fee. I believe it's an issue that's occurring when the option is agreed between two user controlled clubs rather than about hidden clauses not appearing, hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Julius 

It does, thanks very much!

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue now, on normal career mode. have Liam Delap on loan with option future fee 28 mill. when i bid 28 the "red flag" next to the sum doesnt show and while hitting the suggest terms button they reject it. should i upload my save game as well or is this a known issue on 21.4 ?

• 3 months later...