Women's Football (discussion)

ForceMagnet3000

Although this will unlikely ever have the interest of the men's leagues it would be nice to see. I have been playing FM for years but this year I took an interest in the women's game. This game can can get into some pretty esoteric territory in football, the women's game is mainstream in comparison. I am not sure how much development or programing it would take. The same stat arrangement could be used and the leagues could be kept separate. Separate leagues would prevent the inevitable "women aren't as strong as men!" arguments. Alternately, the basics for women's football could be included and players could just make the leagues themselves. Do people have thoughts on this?

These are all really good points. I was playing around with the editor (as I always do) and I turned a woman physio into a player and added her to a club to see what happened. She wore an orange jumpsuit instead of a team uniform (presumably what a physio wears?). It doesn't seem like the same programing nightmare to simply add (skins? sliders? not sure what the term is) to just insert women into the main game with the same qualities as men. If that happened players could simply create an alternate universe league of women with different stats. You wouldn't need a whole match engine just the framework where women players were viable. I understand that re-gens that are women wouldn't be available and that is problematic for any long term play. I agree that the costs of potentially paying licensing fees for what may be little interest is a problem. I also admit I have played FM for years without giving it much thought. Still, FM is a game of possibilities and it seems like a good edition.

• 2 weeks later...