Friend cannot read new messages in inbox - Editor Files Used

Weird one this. My two friends connected to my game have unread messages in their inbox - but they cannot view them.

They've both checked the filters box - unchecked them all and re-checked them - but no new messages appear.

The messages in the inbox say 7th Nov, but as you can see, we're up to the 27th now.

When they disconnected, I connected as their teams - and was able to read them all.

143646005_425436555245032_1941154019714139847_n.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Chrisabian

Thanks for raising issue.  We will need the save from the host to take a look at the issue. Could you then also reply to this thread with the name of the save?

Thanks

Hi John,

Unfortunately we played on as we found that retiring as a manager and then re-adding them to the club fixed the problem. Obviously not ideal though.

I have still uploaded the save file, the name is 'Le Viva Espana - Chrisabian'!

Thank you.

On 28/01/2021 at 20:07, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Chrisabian

Thanks for raising issue.  We will need the save from the host to take a look at the issue. Could you then also reply to this thread with the name of the save?

Thanks

Hi! I too ran into this issue with my friend. We too figured out that retiring and re-adding to the same club is a fix, but that is only temporary. We have now encountered this problem for the third time within a season and a half. Is it alright if I upload the file as well, so you can have a look at it?

Also, please know that we are using a few mods. specifically, we one added player throough the pre-game editor and an extension of the German and English league system. Just as a disclaimer. If you give me the go ahead, I'll upload the save to you.

Edit: I uploaded it now anyway. The name of the save is "Vincent Schobert - Osnabrück". Please let me know if that is okay!

Edited by Smarterer Dalf
Added information

• SI Staff

Hi @Chrisabian

From loading the save we could see there was a lot of database changes, are you using any third party content with your save? 

Thanks 

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Thanks for the save and feedback, it could well be the mods that are causing the issue. Have your tried this without the mods on to see if the issue still reproduces?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Chrisabian

From loading the save we could see there was a lot of database changes, are you using any third party content with your save? 

Thanks 

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Thanks for the save and feedback, it could well be the mods that are causing the issue. Have your tried this without the mods on to see if the issue still reproduces?

Thanks

No, I haven't. Can I safely remove the mods and still load the files? I'm actually worried about damaging the save by removing active content! Would that be save? If so, I'll happily give it a try.

• SI Staff

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

We have loaded your save too and was able to read all the inbox items on the save, the user that was in charge of Saarbruken had 75 messages not read but as soon as we took over the team we were able to read them all. Do you have another save with the issue just in case this one didn't have the issue? 

Thanks

Hello, 

we have exactly the same issue, we are 4 managers in game and only the host can see the inbox messages and all the 3 others cannot. 

We'he tried to change the host and everytime we have the same issue. but if we access to the save offline we can see our messages. very weird.

have someone found a solution for this?

On 12/02/2021 at 18:36, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

We have loaded your save too and was able to read all the inbox items on the save, the user that was in charge of Saarbruken had 75 messages not read but as soon as we took over the team we were able to read them all. Do you have another save with the issue just in case this one didn't have the issue? 

Thanks

Hey!

The save I uploaded definitely had that issue. I know that, because at the time I uploaded it, my friend couldn't read the messages. I could read mine. You then suggested that I uninstall any mods. I did that and lo and behold, he was able to see his messages again. All was well until today, when the issue reappeared. so the save I uploaded is definitely one with that issue!

Only now did we check back here. And what you wrote is kinda big. We had the same idea. My friend gave up control over his manager and I took it. I was able to read his messages. Then we tried turning it around, in order to see if he could read my messages. He took control over Osnabrück, and had the same issue. He couldn't see any new messages. Could it be that the problem is with the guest account and not with the save?

Thanks,

Vincent

Le 16/02/2021 à 20:33, John Kendall-Torry a dit :

Hi @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks for the feedback, could you send us your save so we can take a look at this? Could you then reply to this thread with the name of the save.

Thanks

Hi, 

I uploaded the save (ONLINE21 fix) but in offline mode all the messages are accessible, we've tried to change the host and everytime the played who host the game can see all the messages (theirs and thoses for other players if he access to their profile) but the other players have a crush when trying to access inbox or blocked in the same message received in 30th october. 

Le 16/02/2021 à 23:38, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

Hey!

The save I uploaded definitely had that issue. I know that, because at the time I uploaded it, my friend couldn't read the messages. I could read mine. You then suggested that I uninstall any mods. I did that and lo and behold, he was able to see his messages again. All was well until today, when the issue reappeared. so the save I uploaded is definitely one with that issue!

Only now did we check back here. And what you wrote is kinda big. We had the same idea. My friend gave up control over his manager and I took it. I was able to read his messages. Then we tried turning it around, in order to see if he could read my messages. He took control over Osnabrück, and had the same issue. He couldn't see any new messages. Could it be that the problem is with the guest account and not with the save?

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi, the problem isn't the guest account because the changed the guests and hosts and the have the same problem and we're forced to resign and to create new profiles to continue playing.

Edited by Captain_Stoupha

5 hours ago, Captain_Stoupha said:

Hi, 

I uploaded the save but in offline mode all the messages are accessible, we've tried to change the host and everytime the played who host the game can see all the messages (theirs and thoses for other players if he access to their profile) but the other players have a crush when trying to access inbox or blocked in the same message received in 30th october. 

Hi, the problem isn't the guest account because the changed the guests and hosts and the have the same problem and we're forced to resign and to create new profiles to continue playing.

Oh, we found that as well. My friend retired, then added a new manager and I moved him back to his club. That fixed it temporarily. But I can read both my and his messages. So can the SI people, they said here. So we considered that coming in with an entirely new steam account might solve the issue, you know? To see if a new profile taking over his manager would be able to see it.

On 12/02/2021 at 18:36, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Thanks

Have you moved on with the simulation?

You suggested that removing all mods might fix the problem. I uninstalled everything and it actually worked. Temporarily. It seems to me that many fixes are temporary. Could you load the save again and somehow advance for a few months? To see if it appears for you guys at SI too? I believe that might be the case. Try loading the save and advancing or "playing on". See if in half a season or a year the problems occurs for you as well. I think that might be the case.

il y a 31 minutes, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

Oh, we found that as well. My friend retired, then added a new manager and I moved him back to his club. That fixed it temporarily. But I can read both my and his messages. So can the SI people, they said here. So we considered that coming in with an entirely new steam account might solve the issue, you know? To see if a new profile taking over his manager would be able to see it.

We have tried to access with other account and take the profil of an existant manager and we had the same issue, it wasn't a solution unfortunately

• SI Staff

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply. We will continue the save you gave us and see if we are able to reproduce the issue. You said removing the mods did fix the issue, did you carry on the save and see if you still had the issue and how long did you continue the save? 

Hi  @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks for uploading the save, we will look into this save and if the inbox is working we will continue your save as well to see if we are able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

Le 17/02/2021 à 15:35, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

Have you moved on with the simulation?

You suggested that removing all mods might fix the problem. I uninstalled everything and it actually worked. Temporarily. It seems to me that many fixes are temporary. Could you load the save again and somehow advance for a few months? To see if it appears for you guys at SI too? I believe that might be the case. Try loading the save and advancing or "playing on". See if in half a season or a year the problems occurs for you as well. I think that might be the case.

can you tell me please how did you do to have to remove all mods ? because i didn't find any mods in files neither in steam workshop.

Il y a 15 heures, John Kendall-Torry a dit :

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the late reply. We will continue the save you gave us and see if we are able to reproduce the issue. You said removing the mods did fix the issue, did you carry on the save and see if you still had the issue and how long did you continue the save? 

Hi  @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks for uploading the save, we will look into this save and if the inbox is working we will continue your save as well to see if we are able to reproduce the issue.

Thanks

@John Kendall-Torrycould you please access to the save and find a second person to take one of the existant profiles to see if he can see the inbox messages or not because if you create onether profiles or if you access with the host account you'll find all the messages 

17 hours ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Hi  @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks

No worries! Thanks for going through this with us! We continued for another half year, I think. Right now we are at 27th December 2023, and the issue is back. That is the same save I uploaded here, we just carried on once the bug seemed to have disappeared.

1 hour ago, Captain_Stoupha said:

can you tell me please how did you do to have to remove all mods ? because i didn't find any mods in files neither in steam workshop.

So I subscribed to a few mods from the Steam workshop. If you do that, the mod is automatically installed the next time you start the game. To uninstall, I unsubscribed. That worked.

18 hours ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Smarterer Dalf

Hi  @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks

I have another update: My friend uninstalled FM and installed it again. We then tested it just now and he can read his messages again. We have no idea if this is a permanent fix or a temporary one, but for now it works. I would still ask you to look into it please. See if the bug appears for you too if it you let the simulation continue. If this fix doesn't prove to be temporary, we will still have the same problem. But I wanted to let you know that if the guest player uninstalls and re-installs the game, that's at the very least a temporary fix for the issue.

Il y a 22 heures, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

So I subscribed to a few mods from the Steam workshop. If you do that, the mod is automatically installed the next time you start the game. To uninstall, I unsubscribed. That worked.

Unfortunately i didn't worked for us, i didn't have mods , the host had one and he uninstalled it and always the same issue.

Il y a 22 heures, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

I have another update: My friend uninstalled FM and installed it again. We then tested it just now and he can read his messages again. We have no idea if this is a permanent fix or a temporary one, but for now it works. I would still ask you to look into it please. See if the bug appears for you too if it you let the simulation continue. If this fix doesn't prove to be temporary, we will still have the same problem. But I wanted to let you know that if the guest player uninstalls and re-installs the game, that's at the very least a temporary fix for the issue.

I'll try this and i'll let you know if it worked  and thanks to share solutions dude.

Le 19/02/2021 à 14:10, Smarterer Dalf a dit :

didn't worked either, inbox stops at the same message or the game crashes if we try access inbox, hope it will be a solution for this

Il y a 6 heures, John Kendall-Torry a dit :

Hi @Captain_Stoupha

Thanks for the feedback, did you get a crash at all when try this again?

Thanks 

Hi @John Kendall-Torry,

Yes it crash again and the wost weird we're encoutring the same issue (after re-creating all the profiles) but this time with only one profil (the manager of Chelsea), we'he tried to take control from different accounts and always the inbox is blocked in a team advice (a new one in 26th decembre).

This is also happening on my save, I'm the host and my friend is also having problems, we also have some mods and a lot of additional leagues added, which sucks because we're trying the win every Champions League in the world challenge but we may give up if no solution appears... Not only this but he couldn't create a manager or it would crash the game, so I had to create and relinquish control, the game crashes a lot for him also, it's been very frustrating to play FM this year, hope you guys manage to find a solution fast...

We started running into the issue almost immediately after the last update (fist time was Tuesday 2/3/2021) ... just to be sure... the host can read and see everything, its the player who has joined that is having the issues..  

Il y a 5 heures, John Kendall-Torry a dit :

Hi @casederik

Thanks for the feedback, we will have to look into this more. On another users save we did see a crash which has been logged and is being looked into but the majority of the saves we have had from users we haven't been able to reproduce the issue. 

Thanks 

Hi@John Kendall-Torry, to reproduce the issue in one of the infected saved you have to open the game with an account and to access with onther different account and take one of the existant manager profiles.

Le 26/02/2021 à 22:12, Captain_Stoupha a dit :

Hi @John Kendall-Torry,

Yes it crash again and the wost weird we're encoutring the same issue (after re-creating all the profiles) but this time with only one profil (the manager of Chelsea), we'he tried to take control from different accounts and always the inbox is blocked in a team advice (a new one in 26th decembre).

We have the issue another time in the same season and onther time all the non host players where impacted by this and the weirdest thing that the issues happens before Chelsea-Tottenham (two human player) match for the second time, the inbox stops in team selection advice at the last message, and it was the same thing in the first round of the season and now in the second round. I uploaded the save in the name of 'inbox crash'.

Il y a 10 heures, casederik a dit :

Whats actually going on with this???? game seems to work for an hour then all of a sudden my friend cant read the messages again.... this is definitely a server issue in my mind.... and seems weird it became worse after the update 

unfortunately, that ruined totally our game oo, it's the 3rd time that happens in one season and it's very frustrating to have to retire and create all profiles from the beginning, and we have no motivation to continue like this, we decided just to finish the season and stop the game if there's no solution.
Hope develops take this issue seriously and work hard on it because every day we have more and more people complaining of that and it will affect games negatively.

lol i have lost all confidence in SI doing anything.... have you seen the amount of glitches/bugs that have been flagged? i doubt i will pick this game up again until this is fixed but that is not looking like being anytime soon as they have the information for when it roughly started, when it got worse and the only replies have been "well we tried it and it works for us soooo........." and they upped the price this year as well :lol: so far so good lol

il y a une heure, casederik a dit :

lol i have lost all confidence in SI doing anything.... have you seen the amount of glitches/bugs that have been flagged? i doubt i will pick this game up again until this is fixed but that is not looking like being anytime soon as they have the information for when it roughly started, when it got worse and the only replies have been "well we tried it and it works for us soooo........." and they upped the price this year as well :lol: so far so good lol

Me too i have no hope for solution especially when the answer is that they cannot reproduce the issue and it so easy to reproduce it, they have to be 2 that's all, and i explained this several times and also because i've seen on the internet many people complaining of this similar issue for FM 2013 and they were no solution for them.

I'm sad because FM is the game that i like playing the most from 2003 and this thning clearlry screws up everything.

We have this problem also, in 3 different saves. on 2 of them the bug happened at the same day in game, in the 3rd save it was another say in game - maybe because we didn't play in the same league.

I upload all saves, 1 and 2 with same date of issue "Netzwerk" and "Neu". Savegame 3 with a different date is "ganz neu".

here is also a link to my own topic, posted in the wrong category:

inbox.JPG

inbox.PNG

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Mägge

• SI Staff

Hi @Captain_Stoupha @Mägge

From your save we can see you both have database changes in your saves. You both have one which is DB derbies overhaul. There are also couple from the same user in your saves. Could you remove these and see if you are still getting the issue? We are still looking into this issue but for now could you try this to see if this stops the issue from happening?

Thanks 

ok im getting tired you guys simply saying..."we've tried on our end but......" its not the database changes, me and a friend have both started a new online game, neither of us are using any mods of any kind yet ran into the issue.. Could you please stop blaming it on 3rd party stuff since i have been able to find this same issue with someone playing FM17.

You've said multiple times that "we couldn't replicate the issue on our side"  yet haven't once explained how you tried this....

Did you use 1 computer?....... were you playing on 2 separate computers?..... running on different internet source's?........ are you using your administration credentials on steam or have you each time created different Steam Accounts to properly test all parameters? 

Surely you can see after over 1 month multiple people raising this issue, you haven't offered a single solution, (that hasn't been first raised and tried by a paying customer) 

Thank You

21 hours ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Captain_Stoupha @Mägge

From your save we can see you both have database changes in your saves. You both have one which is DB derbies overhaul. There are also couple from the same user in your saves. Could you remove these and see if you are still getting the issue? We are still looking into this issue but for now could you try this to see if this stops the issue from happening?

Thanks