Eagles in glass palaces shouldn't throw stones...

RaySunshine

February 2031

Res.JPG.ffe5a4c78cec6f19e150cd969a5b1869.JPG

So monster month one was followed by monster month two and some of the results could line up a third of the same. My squad will be on their knees - the results are something I won't complain about though! We began by putting eight - eight - past Santa Clara (Fernandez 2, 5, 15, 83, Panariello 22, Colombo 50, 78, Perez 77). We then took on Braga (Fernandez 37, 60) and got ourselves a one goal lead to take into the second leg. Moreinense (Panariello 9, Fernandez 76, 90+3) faced us in the league and three goals took them to one side. We got three again in the return tie against Braga (Djalo 31, Colombo 36, Fernandez 51) and that was enought to take us into the cup final. I came here to win silverware and that's the way to do it! Against Leixoes (Mazinho 88) it looked like we would drop two points to the side rooted to the bottom. Almeida had other ideas though with a superb ball over the top that Mazinho finished. We played Aberdeen (Fernandez 3, Colombo 31) and our goal machines kept things rolling into that second leg. Then it was Benfica (Djalo 30, Rodrygo 70, Fernandez 87). We hadn't beaten them in the last five games but this time we did  - we were on our knees by the end but a Fernandez pen gave us a comfortable finish. We then wrapped the month up by beating Aberdeen (Torres 8) with a slightly-rotated side to keep us rolling in Europe.

Table.JPG.78d408a1d7f174454e36c7482d6d9e44.JPG

So there we  are - top of the table and still with a game in hand. It would be great if Benfica dropped a few points along the way but I've got a feeling they're not going to make it easy for us. After a perfect month, it feels like we still have very little room for error. I really want that title - can  we do it?!

Tranout.JPG.6bf9983e1d58654dbb6db5254a5f7017.JPG

No players were brought in this month and most of those that left were loanees. The only painful departure was that of Torres who managed to squirm away before we could get him to sign a professional deal. I'll watch his career with interest - and a little bit of pain!

Fix.JPG.0d8b2fae227c3ace2d63bfa0e5068c59.JPG

So my former employers Braga start the month and then we have the Europa League games against Stade Rennais. The league games are a real spread across the division but we have to be doing well in those as I doubt Benfica will give us much wiggle room. Watch along for the next installment!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 2031

Res.JPG.bf2f54dd0aa5296be5ac7ea9c959cbc9.JPG

The busy months have kept rolling but it's what we've needed to work through to help us get a medal. Game one was against fomer club Braga (Fernandez 40, 68). For  a while, I thought we'd only get a point but a trade-mark Fernandez penalty blasted home gave us all three. We took on Henry's Stade Rennais (Rodrygo 52, Torres 68) and Rodrygo's fine volley broke the deadlock in an otherwise close match. Back to league action and a game against Rio Ave (Rodrygo 40, Ferreria 69, Mazinho 77, Zainaghi 90+3). Now that Fernandez was just one league goal away from a record, it all seemed to dry up! Back to Europe now and off to France to play Stade Rennais (Rodrygo 26). We couldn't get a win in this one but we'd done enough across both ties to get us into the QF. Feirense (OG 22, Zainaghi 36, Fernandez 76) took us on in the league. The OG was a pretty impressive flick from their keeper who put Rodrygo's cross home. The goal machine opened up against Chaves (Fernandez 22, 42, 45+2, Gusto 29, Locatelli 49, Torres 77) and being 4-0 by HT was pretty good going! The final game was against Nacional (Rodryo 31, 43,70, Timms 77). Timms hasn't been much of a goal scorer but I'm sure he would have enjoyed this edge of the box bullet into the top corner!

Table.JPG.a36567f5801ca4aa8968d3391d206826.JPG

Squeaky-bum time as they say! There are six games to go; win four of those and we have the title. It should happen but it still seems a long, long way to go. I would love it, just love it if Benfica were drop some points and make the run-in a bit more comfortable. I'm not sure they're feeling that generous though!

YP.JPG.d25ca1ef9fb6f554b66329cc7aa6f08b.JPG

So our exciting AMC has a name - Amilcar Silva. Winger Joao Farinha seems to be coming up short of the mark. Perhaps I'll be wrong but it's the names above that I'm really looking at to light up Porto's future.

Fix.JPG.559ac87ad33b107fe0fe4f08c811a59b.JPG

So a month with six games in it seems positvely sedate! As I said above, win four of the league games and we win the league. Mixed in with those are my former club Spurs - again! Last time, they did us in the Europa League Final. Are they here to spoil the party again?

April 2031

Res.JPG.afd6cc7039e99d93c6f52aebc378b7ff.JPG

What a month - just what a month. It's one of those where everything works and you can't quite believe that things can be this good! We started the month playing Chaves (Fernandez 36, Perez 42,67). A beauty of a ball over the top from Djalo sent Fernandez through to score and two set-piece headers from CB Perez wrapped up the game. I then took on fomer club Spurs (Fernandez 70) and to say that they battered us would be an understatment - GK Gama got his first MOTM. Fernandez proved to be the only goal scorer though when he volleyed home a cute Rodrygo header. Back to league action and a tough game against Portimonense (Carrasco 34). I've been resting players when the RST icon appears next to their name and Carrasco took his chance well Djalo pinged a ball over the top for him to finish. Back to Europe and back to Spurs (Colombo 12, Rodrygo 35). Colombo scored a neat volley from a Rodrygo cross and then Rodrygo got his own goal, finishing off a nice passing move. This result sent us on into the semi-finals! The league again and we played Estoril (Fernandez 26, Djalo 34, Panariello 54) and Djalo's beauty of a strike from just inside the D was the pick of the bunch. That result meant we'd effectively won the league but the formalities were wrapped up when Rodrygo was given a loose ball by Boavista (Rodrygo 17), ran past their defence and smashed it home - we are the champions!

Title.JPG.c46ff9c6a29ef435838ffbc343db6839.JPG

Table.JPG.a38770462fcc53b2eb3a58255289d64c.JPG

Top of the league with two games to go - I'm pretty pleased with what we've done. We've managed to wrestle the title back from Benfica who've won it for the last two seasons and it feels like we've come a long way. When we lost to them in the Superplacard and in the league early on, I wondered if we had what it took. It turns out that I should never have worried!

Fix.JPG.8f11b20f27ef59d86157c2cfcb08f1e3.JPG

Our work is not done yet though - we still have the Europa League semi-finals against Bayer and, in June, there is the cup final against Boavista for another shot at silverware. I could finish this season with a cabinet full. Who knows?!

May 2031

Res.JPG.292d2059392dd46c8c04b9efe9a2f778.JPG

So here we go - the final run into the end of the season! We started off by taking on Leverkusen in the Europa League semi and were given a total lesson. We pulled the game back a little in the second half but, overall we were fortunate that the tie even remained competitive into the second leg. A side with four rotated players took on Sporting (Colombo 55, Torres 67, Gusto 88) and going in a goal down at half time, it looked like we were going to be punished for it. We had enough in the tank to turn it round and took the game 3-1. Back to Europe and back to Leverkusen. This game was closer than the first but we never really looked like scoring and, when they did, it was tie and game set and match. The final game of the league season saw us take on Vitoria (Ferreria 4, Rodrygo 18, Colombo 30) and we got a secure win going into the cup again against Boavista. They got two early goals but the rest of the game was all ours - we hit the wood work, missed open goals, were offside - you name it happened and they came away with the silverware.

Table.JPG.9db7d39bec6db1b67bea7de9b7acae01.JPG

So the final table looks like this - we're a comfortable 12 points clear of Benfica and even further clear of Braga who get the UCL spots. After that, Sporting and Famalicao get the others - it looks like a job well done to me! Next on to the season review...

Season Review

1647957677_BestXI.JPG.3cfba417bf2269f0fde4ffb60559f1e1.JPG

Well my first choice XI are marked out as the team of the season - there was a fair bit of rotation going on this season so honourable mentions also have to Guilherme, Mazinho, Almeida and Pavez who clocked up a fair number of minutes and miles between them. The worry now is that almost all my team are wanted by someone or other so I think I'm going to have a summer of fighting on my hands in order to keep this group together.

Awards.JPG.6a85619867a3c9550ab6c60a1b08e8a5.JPG

It's pretty clear who the major hitters here are. Djalo has just signed a new contract so I'm fairly hopeful that he won't be going anywhere soon but quite a lot of Europe's big clubs are taking a long, hard look at Fernandez so it could be quite a lot harder to pin him down for next season...

Bud.JPG.179cfe5fe669487ae4bd8d303c998e6c.JPG

This is what we've got to play with at the moment. The transfer budget looks pretty good but we haven't got much in the wage department so I might have to see who I can clear out before we really start bringing anyone in. There do seem to be about a thousand players here at the moment so a good clearout might help my head. I just hope it's not all my best players being picked off by the superclubs!

Vis.JPG.2ae3954484610e91ca37706d04918b51.JPG

The vision seems pretty clear - more of the same please! I'd really like to bring some youth players through. I've never been at a club long enough to tick that off as an achievement. On the other hand, I am rather keen to get a job at one of Europe's superclubs but nothing seems to be on offer at the moment...

Pre-season

InOut.thumb.JPG.cd6c7c8a76db789a2818a8e3da5433e4.JPG

Out2.JPG.e04362226453e660be4a9f937e8dad78.JPG

Out2.JPG.e04362226453e660be4a9f937e8dad78.JPG

Out3.JPG.75737bc923e0e6753bc1287cc956131e.JPG

I get the distinct impression that it's going to be a revolving door here at Porto - and it hasn't finished yet. I'll start with the outs. We were hugely over our wage bill when our loanees and new arrivals rocked up so I had to do something about that which largely explains the sale of the older Nehuen Perez; it was a bit of moneyball too. Then, the big clubs came in and, after much disagreement, they got away with Gama and Moroz. Mazinho was another that I chose to move on while I could get a fee for him - similar with Matt Timms and Michael Martinez. Leading striker Fernandez will soon join them as he's negotiating with Real Madrid.

I brought Pires in as soon as I saw he was available on a free as I thought it was just too good to be true. He was so reliable at Braga and Lazio that it seemed a no-brainer. Pavez's loan deal was made permament as he had proved to be so useful covering both the defence and midfield last season. Arthur Henirque is a leading Brazillian CB and only 21 so there seemed to be little to lose there. Finally, Carboni was brought in as an emergency back-up to cover the LB spot until I've found a long-term solution to that area. I know that, when Fernandez leaves, I'll need to bring someone in up front so I'm working on that too.

Mans.JPG.45cf3286103332eeb956dd3938687ecc.JPG

So no movement here since the last time I checked. My wages are still pretty low so I'm not troubling the top ranks at the moment. I'm very much looking at the chance to move to a big club should it come up though so I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

Prev.JPG.077784d5a4b0fa0e75ea847986645fb6.JPG

We remain favourites to win the league despite all the departures and fuss that have been going on at the club. I certainly hope that I've managed to keep a strong enough squad together to get us going and keep our title. I'm also hoping that our Champ's League group is a bit kinder to us this time around and allows us to get into the knockouts.

Res.JPG.585aa1a4bb4acb114714680e79303d86.JPG

Fix.JPG.4b359f8b098f93c9b060e9d2496b409d.JPG

There aren't many games here - yet. I know that the Allianz Cup games will need to be added yet. It's a big month though. We kick off with the Supertaca and I'll take any opportunity to win a medal. Then, there's the small matter of Benfica in the opening game of the season before seeing Braga later on. Let's go!

Edited by RaySunshine

August 2031

Res.JPG.0d7cc5092fd761a65be2b80bf83603e7.JPG

Despite all the off-field comings-and-goings in the transfer window, we've had  a pretty good month on the pitch! We kicked off the season in the Supertaca against Boavista (Rodrygo 28, Hernandez 106) and we were pleased to get the win when sub Hernandez smashed a super-strike home in the 106th minute! Game one of the league season saw us take on title-rivals Benfica (Pires 31, Djalo 42). It was our first game for our new-look side including post-Fernandez. It didn't phase us though as Pires got his debut goal and Djalo scored a superb free-kick. Next up were Cova (Carrasco 22, 43) and Carrasco set down his marker as starting striker for the club. The big news though was five-week injury to Arango so work began to get a GK in quick to cover. That GK, Pavaozinho (in on loan from Liverpool), took to the field and ended up conceding an awkward og after penalty-box pinball. We still got the win though as Pires scored two against former club Braga (Pires 8, 25).

AugOut.JPG.4e3335a836126d0dd3499103cf79b0c2.JPG

The outs continue - most are loans for younger players who need the playing time. The headline move is last season's top scorer, Fernandez, who made it clear that he wanted off to Real Madrid so off he went.

AugIn.JPG.2e1abc1b75aaf2da798504ab98dc8e29.JPG

Two players have come in - Cappiello will take the place as substitute striker after I worked with him at Lazio. He's primarily a RW but has the correct profile to play CF. I did look at some other options but they were hugely expensive so Cappiello allows me to spread my net wider across the course of the season and see who I can bring in. Pavaozinho is our back-up keeper taking Arango's place while he's injured and allowing Frommelt to get a Liga Nos season as a first-choice GK.

TableCL.JPG.5afc1cb87866589dba12581404f5e0e7.JPG

I did ask for an easier Champ's League group - but I didn't get it! Despite being a first seed, I think we'll be lucky to get out of this group. I would assume Barca would ease out and then we've got to do better against Bayer. Can it be done? Let's see!

Table.JPG.149cfac84d77dcdf3659908e26b551b1.JPG

It's early day but it's a nice way for the table to look at this stage. Benfica are presently 7th on four points so I'll take a five-point gap at this stage for sure. It's a long season but it's nice to start well.

Fix.JPG.68172cbe64b80a5db618650a228d11bc.JPG

Four games in September after the international break. The two league games should be wins and I'd like to beat Martimo in the cup as well. The challenge is in the Champ's League where we start our campaign in the Camp Nou!

September 2031

Res.JPG.db5e48f17a753f95697a8d168ce12489.JPG

Finally, a month has passed with no-one coming in or going out - no last minute replacements needed here! So the month began with a game against Pacos (Carrasco 19, Pires 29, Ferreira 68). We got the goals needed for the win and Pires kept his goal-run going! This was followed up by our game in the Nou Camp against Barcelona (Ferreira 22, og Demiral 59). When we went a goal down, I thought we'd struggle but a super-strike from Ferreira and a bundled home og meant we came away with an unlikely win! A heavily-rotated side played Maritimo (Colombo 7, 37, Zainaghi 85) and Colombo made his mark with a brace to push off any chance of Rodrygo replacing him. Finally, we played Tondela. We threw the kitchen sink at them but it didn't work and we came away with a 0-0 draw.

TableCL.JPG.25b0ff991cb5fa56b8a25104e5187621.JPG

Table.JPG.e30f8e24da8efdb104190da520f3bcf8.JPG

We've made a good start in Europe but it's only a start - I'm fully aware of the fact that we've got a long way to go yet! In the league, we've dropped down to third but only because other teams have played more games. Our unbeaten run means the top of the table is still there for the taking.

Fix.JPG.ca54997053d8d18a138d1667aa9a4036.JPG

October is a funny month in Portugal with more cup games than anything else. We have two league games and they're both big ones with derbies against Sporting and Boavista. But, before that, we have a whole range of cup games to play. The two Champ's League games will put us half-way through the group stage so, by the end of the month, we should have a good idea as to where we are!

October 2031

Res.JPG.6c1201ed3de6c7c37376b2a5a1b95fb5.JPG

We began our cup special month with a Champ's League game v Kobenhavn (Pires 3, 83, Cappiello 9, 28, 43) and it was amazing to have scored four out of five by HT! A heavily-rotated side took on Feirense (Rodrygo pen 14, Marulanda 63, Cappiello 84, Lopera 87) and it was nice to see two youngsters in Marulanda and Lopera get goals. Marulanda, bundling home a rebound, got his first goal. A similar side took on Braga B (Carrasco 17, 38, Zainaghi 26) and proved they were equal to the task as we won in a largely empty stadium. We followed this up by playing an epic against Leverkusen (Pires 6, Cappiello 90+2, Zainaghi 90+5). We started off a goal up but from pretty early on, Leverkusen got into the game and were good value for their 2-1 lead. I was in dreamland when we went 3-2 up at the death but, straight from our last goal, they raced inot our box, got a pen and we left honours even. We followed up that epic with a poor game against Sporting. They dominated the game, we produced very little and were probably lucky for our point. Thankfully, we were much better against Boavista (Colombo 19,83, Rodygo 90+2). It looked like this game was going to be a draw but Rodrygo, coming on as a sub, had other ideas and set up one before scoring the other to give us the win.

TableCL.JPG.8c79d2c53a22b9ecfeebb5f767ced2d5.JPG

Table.JPG.d5c66ffcf5e34bd9355c43be26105201.JPG

The tables seem pretty happy with our peformances so far. In the Champ's League we're on track to qualify at the half-way stage but, having to face Leverkusen and Barcelona again means that I'm certainly not taking that place for granted. In the league, we have games in hand on first place Farense but, if we were to win them, we'd be five points clear.

Fix.JPG.0b845bf7d61e33cdc952ee822dadeb64.JPG

There are some pretty crucial games coming up in the next month. In the Champ's League, we have games against Leverkusen and Barca. We'll know after that whether we're likely to go through or not, that's for sure! In the league, we play Vitoria and Farense and I'm keen to keep our unbeaten run going. Finally, a cup tie against Cova rounds out the month.

November 2031

Res.JPG.be4ad5205944230e528d87677dc707a9.JPG

The month began with a defeat courtesy of our old nemisis Bayer Leverkusen (Pires 30). We got off to a bad start when one of their players carved open the centre of the midfield and defence and Pavez desperately brought him down for a penalty. We got back to level terms but Pires' goal wasn't enough. We returned to league action and a game against Vitoria (Carrasco 59, Pires 62). They were determined to give nothing away but we broke through via Pires whose slide rule pass set up the first goal and header scored the second. We were then into cup action taking on Cova (Carrasco 2, Rodrygo 45+1, 90+1). An early Carrasco goal got us on our way and we got a comfortable win. Then we were on to Barcelona (Colombo 31, Pires 57). This game was definitely one of the highlights of the season - we took charge and took the lead via Colombo who headed in a far post cross. Just on half time, Locatelli let a loose pass go and they equalised. He redeemed himself by catching Foden in possession to set up Pires' goal in a game we dominated. The month's final game saw us take on Farense (Carrasco 9, 71, 79, Pires 57). Carrasco must have known I had my eye on a promising Italian striker coming through at Rangers as he decided to get a hattrick for the day!

TableCL.JPG.80d98d54a5902ae700df7d800c29e497.JPG

Table.JPG.41a3d52f402eb1e10a30693897598698.JPG

In terms of the Champ's League, we've qualified with a game in hand. I'm really pleased with the double that we've done over Barca and that that's going to be enough to get us up and out the group. I pity any clubs bumping into Barca in the Europa League! As far as the league goes, the situation is pretty much as we were before - we're top of the league with games in hand so I feel like we're in a pretty strong postition there.

Fix.JPG.1bc8d038d553845a1ecb0988552db54e.JPG

We have another three winable games coming up in the league next month so I very much look forward to our unbeaten run of thirty-two games continuing there. Now that we've qualified from the group, I plan to put out a heavily-rotated side against Kobenhavn and then it's two cup games for us to win before the winter break.

December 2031

Res.JPG.6908b44574ac95a7e6a8218a56d12fb3.JPG

So December has been a pretty good month all told! The month began with the game against Vilafranquense (Pires 71, Carrasco 73, Henrique 90+3). They put everything into their back line and looked good for it but a couple of sendings off and a pen gave us what we needed for the result. Against Rio Ave (Pires 35, Rodrygo 84), we were behind for a while in the first half but goals from Pires and Rodrygo meant our unbeaten league run carried on. An entirely-rotated side took on Kobenhavn (Hernandez 17, 78, Cappiello 55, Pavez 62, Pinhao 81, Guilheme 89) but it didn't stop our flow at all as we put six past the Danish capital side before moving on. The month's last league game was against Feirense (Henrique 5, Ferreira 71) and a solid two-nil win gave us a good gap at the top of Liga Nos. In the cup we got wins against Tondela (Carrasco 31) and Famalicao (Pires 35, 79, Colombo 68) who were in a position to knock us out twick before Colombo's late goal got us level and Pires gave us the win.

YIprev.JPG.9e420c7d7a714b806f1253b1b79f4003.JPG

Just in time for Christmas, the FM Santa gives us some clues as to what's coming in our youth intake next year. It all sounds pretty good with a decent GK and DM coming through as well as promising AMCs and wingers. I will certainly take an excellent group of players please!

Table.JPG.f321e2e3e4c7c45674f53d9d4018e927.JPG

The table looks pretty good. We are five points on Benfica and we have another game in hand on our title rivals so I'm feeling like we shouldn't have too much to worry about there. In the Champ's League, we've drawn Real Madrid so we'll have the chance to see Fernandez again soon. Incidently, he's just swept the board for almost every award going. Not much to worry about then...

Fix.JPG.96f6893eaaf1b5e320e52906eb2e6657.JPG

January is a packed month - eight games in total including the cup games. They're both important as we chase down silverware. I always look out games against Braga so I want to win that one. Overall, I want lots of wins, still some energy in the bank and good competition progress. Not much to ask is it?!

• 3 weeks later...

January 2032

Res.JPG.25bcf18b1484ff212accab6b528b9eb3.JPG

It's been a while but Porto are back in business having completed the monster second-half months that this leage seems to be famous for! The month began with a super win Chaves (Ferreira 4, Pires 10 45+2, Djalo 13, Colombo 22, Carrasco 29, 90). At 6-0 up by half-time, it was fairly safe to say we blew them away. Ferreira's curling effort is a goal-of-the-season contender too! On the Wednesday, we played Portimonense (Carrasco 26, Rodrygo 82, 88) and it looked like we would have to settle for a draw but Rodrygo had other ideas scoring a cute header from a Pires cross and a smooth pass into the far corner from an ace Djalo through-ball (hands off PSG!). Against Moreinense (Pires pen 19, Henrique 63, Rodrygo 73) saw all three goals coming from set pieces. In the cup, we played Nacional (Rodrygo 46, Pires pen 50). We were losing at HT and I went ballistic. The team responded though as Pires put through Rodrgyo to score and then converted a penalty himself to see us into the semis. Back to the league and we played Cova da Piedade (Carrasco 29, Rodrygo 52). Carrasco now has competiton as we brought in Italian youngster Coroni from Rangers and it certainly seems to have fired him up here. We went on to the League Cup semi where we played Santa Clara (Pires pen 12, Carrasco 31, 57, 71) and Carrasco remained inspired scoring a hattrick that took us on into the final - played that very weekend!

AC.JPG.00e4644bc42dc71b44cd1ba32c996ba5.JPG

A game that we would go on to win against Braga (Carrasco 56, Colombo 83). They had the early chances and injured Pires just before HT. We took control though with Carrasco scoring a headed corner and Colombo beating two men before rolling the ball into the far corner to give us the trophy.

Back in the league, we played Nacional (Carrasco 66, Real 83). It took us until the second half to get the goals but two headed set-piece goals did the job nicely.

Table.JPG.6750319520559a239f1fd9927d7b6d89.JPG

As you were - we remain top of the table and although it appears that Benfica are reining us in, in fact we're now up to two games in hand so still have the potential to restore our seven point lead.

Fix.JPG.25df7ab0d237a62c25be5d41b39fae10.JPG

Another monster month ensues - nine - I repeat nine - games are packed into the month's shortest year. Benfica away is a league highlight and we see them again in the two-legged cup semi-final. Finally, we have the small mattter of hosting Real Madrid in the Champ's League. All of this with a fair few injuries too mean it could be a touch and go month...

On 23/08/2021 at 21:26, john1 said:

9 games in one month?! Insane! :eek: 

Its certainly more than my squad was ready to take by this stage of the season @john1! A combination of fatigue and injuries doesn't make for pretty viewing!

February 2032

Res.JPG.e75662d2fd91463d44ba568027b9ffb3.JPG

The monster month began with a game against Pacos De Ferreira (Carrasco 7). I thought we were doing well with an early lead but our formed dipped from there on in and they handed us our first defeat in a domestic game this season. This was followed up with the first leg of the cup semi v Benfica (Colombo pen 20). I was worried when they took an early lead but we levelled it up and it's not the worst place to be going into the second leg at home. We then played Famalicao (Djalo 37, OG 40, Carrasco 83, Zainaghi 90+3) and it was a pretty comfortable win! We did just as well in the second leg of the cup against Benfica (Carrasco 13, 24, 45+1, 68) where Carrasco went on the rampage. He's really stepped up as this season has gone on. From wanting to replace him with Corioni in January, I now see it as vital to get both playing. Corioni showed what he could do in getting two goals against Vilafranquense (Corioni 24, pen 90+2) to get his account up and running. No-one could produce the goods against Real Madrid though as we were firmly outplayed and have work to do in the away leg. We took out our frustrations on Tondela (Corioni pen 19, Carrasco 45+1) and looked good even when Locatelli got sent off for a horror-tackle in the 49th minute. Benfica gave us an end-to-end match but there was little quality on show and it finished 0-0. And it was pretty similar against Portimonense (Carrasco 69) where we struggled to a pretty uninsipiring draw.

Table.JPG.688de1434156cec2ae7de32eaf8d38bf.JPG

So we remain top of the league and have a healthy six point gap and a game in hand. I'm still pretty confident that we can win the league and if, as I expect, we crash out of Europe next month, that will save some tired legs going through the next months for sure! Benfica will be looking over their shoulder at Braga though and I'd love it if my former club could sneak a Champion's League spot!

TIn.JPG.35325f257a9aa0b282a2d140f443518e.JPGTOut.JPG.824af330ac71f8532469b4790eb902e3.JPG

There was nothing too exciting with the in's and out's in the winter window. I was worried at one point about Carrasco's goal return (why now I've no idea!) and brought young Corioni in as a promising striker to compete for that starting place. But, with Carrasco's return to form and Corinoni having all the right stats, I'm seeing him more as an inside forward cutting in from the right so a bit of re-training is going on there! The outs are all young players needing loan minutes this season.

Fix.JPG.800b1a4d4e325589c4c02dbbc31de0b8.JPG

We get to take much more of a breather this month with only four games to work through in March. The biggies come in early with Sporting being our first league game and then Real Madrid close on their heels. I'd love to see us overturn our deficit but I don't see that happening so think we won't have the extra work of European games between now and the end of the season which should really help us kick on and secure the league!

March 2032

Res.JPG.534fa4caac4266430ea3ba077c51bfce.JPG

Thankfully for my exhausted squad, March was a much lighter month in terms of game time. We started the month against Sporting (Ferreira 75) and it looked like it was going to be a draw until a sweet Pires pull-back to the edge of the area was swept into the bottom corner by Ferreira. We then went out to Real Madrid (Carrasco 90+1) and were pretty much blown away. At 2-0 down, we put up the barricades to prevent a rout and did at least leave with the goal of the game when Carrasco smashed the ball through the postage stamp after a nice knockdown by Garcia. We returned to league action and played Boavista (Ferreira 3, Corioni 81) and Ferreira scored a goal-of-the season contender curling the ball into the top corner from outside the box. We went down to ten men when Pires was sent off but it stop Corioni picking up the ball running it past his man, drawing the keeper out and smashing it home. All the goals came out against Vitoria (Henrique 17, Rodrygo 23, 57, Ferreira 25, Carrasco 45, 64) and we stormed our way to a convincing win to finish the month.

Table.JPG.f084c9511c41319fc26e45f90611a660.JPG

What has been a great month for us hasn't been for Benfica - our title rivals. We finish the month eight points ahead of them but we also have two games in hand so potentially we could earn a fourteen point lead! This seems incredible but I'll be pleased to have that as we sail into the final stretch of the season.

YIn.JPG.6f6be1ecdda1de412c4d854c540b385f.JPG

Back in December, there was a promise that our youth intake would be pretty exciting. Well it certainly proved to be true! Harbottle and Quimbamba steal the headlines but there are plenty of other good players in here to help the club's future.

Fix.JPG.3ef71246d1a1435f577538e746adba21.JPG

April has six league games with two double gameweeks in there too. Braga is the headline game but, even with that game in there, I'm expecting to smash through the month and secure our second league title as soon as we can.

April 2032

Res.JPG.4080de17ad0c5f5e8de9cb2c5eaa20f7.JPG

At last, the season approaches its business end. We knew that, assuming everything went well that we'd be able to wrap up the title this month which is never a bad thing! Game one saw us take on  Nacional (Corioni 14). They took a shock lead but, just a minute later, our wonderkid saw the game to parity and that's where it stayed. We then took on my old club Braga (Djalo 30, OG 67) and Djalo smashed an absolute beauty from outside the box which crossed the keeper low into the opposite corner. Farense (Pires 49, Corioni 90+3) gave us a really good game at led at HT. We got the win in the end though as Rodrygo played possibly the ball of the season up from his own half to see Corioni volley it home. Goals flowed against Rio Ave (Carrasco 8, 37, Pires 45, Rodrygo 90) and the day after the game, we got some good news...

Champ.JPG.c38c8b0a7a30744f4cda8255621005f4.JPG

We'd done enough to win the league! Cheers all round I think. Our first celebration game saw us play Famalicao (Real 22, Carrasco 83). They took the league against us but Real scored well from a tight angle and Carrsco got the winner after a superb ball over the top from Ferreira. Finally, we played Feirense (Carrasco 3, Henrique 41). They went down to ten men in the second half and closed the game down but we'd already got the win by then.

Table.JPG.77d1f53c0d4f52809984c310b3e7cf80.JPG

The table can now only confirm what we already knew. We're champions. It also looks like Benfica and Braga are set for their places so it's only Sporting and Boavista who could switch places between them.

Fix.JPG.cd6e8249a4734b8430507adeb158aa58.JPG

Three games now remain and it's the last of these that is the high-profile one. There we play the cup final against my old club Braga. We suffered a shock defeat in the final last year so I'm keen to see it out this year and get a clean sweep of domestic trophies this season.

May 2032

Res.JPG.695358a38d00b5a8ec03d7f2babb8604.JPG

May brings the season to a close. We began by beating Chaves (Carrasco 39, Rodrygo 47, Pires 53, Corioni pen 88) in a regulation 4-1 win. We then repeated the feat in our last league game of season when we played Moreiense (Corioni 44, pen 66, Djalo 48, Carrasco 60). Across the two games, it was pretty pleasing to see Corioni in such good form but we did lose Rodrygo to injury in the first game of the month meaning we wouldn't have him for the cup final. Onto that and the game against Braga. We were hopeless - utterly awful. We simply didn't turn up and never looked like getting into it once Braga had scored. Perhaps I'm just not meant to win this trophy?!

Table.JPG.e6f8d4ecbf8c8fa9ad24322a8b6bfa70.JPG

The table is as you were. We finish the seasons champions and an impressive twenty points above Benfica. It's a pretty pleasing picture for me and certainly shouldn't hurt my cv!

Season Review

XI.JPG.e57a10d59bfab3f0133da34899b54ba3.JPG

The season's XI is exactly the line-up that I chose throughout most of the season. It reflects the fact Colombo dropped out of the starting XI as the season went on and the fact that Corioni hadn't quite secured his place yet.

Awards.JPG.7b367bddf1bc0f7abe6f634771c66bee.JPG

Well it's pretty easy to see who lead things for us this season. Carrasco was the main man and he sweeps most of the awards. Ferrieira defies his advancing years to secure most assists and we should be pretty pleased with what we're getting from him.

Carrasco.JPG.72e889edc9df5c2768bceb0bda419821.JPG

Carrasco also broke a hatful of records this season. Just think that I was considering replacing him halfway through the season but perhaps bringing Corioni in as competition spurred him on.

Now, normally at this point, I'd discuss the vision and the budget for next season but I haven't because there is news to come...

Tott.JPG.8cfeac04cde2ac23c1301b93d792b0ba.JPG

The dream job! The return! The reunion! My primary aim in this save has been to get back to Tottenham again and, at last, I've managed it. Both Spurs and Man City sacked their managers after the cup final and the club I wanted to manage were the first to offer me a job. Let's hope that my stay here is longer than it was last time around!

213305038_Compexp.thumb.JPG.d4810581fc6cbcb09413ee3d3b140553.JPG

The expectations are to qualify for the Europa League, reach the QF of the Champion's League and the final of the FA Cup. It doesn't sound like too bad a task as long as the league takes the primary focus. I certainly feel like I should be able to put a squad together to do that.

Vision.JPG.467f65bbfaa08709e1a85b4728cf0ccd.JPG

I get the impression that I'll need to visit the vision screen quite a lot. There's a lot going on here and I'm going to need to make sure that I'm keeping a good eye on everything that the club wants me to be doing. Let's hope that I can keep abreast of it all.

Bud.JPG.958ede9a18b9339b89d4bfd926be7bb7.JPG

There's a bit of money here to play with so if I need to add to the squad, I can. I haven't had chance to look at what we've got yet so I'll soon let you know what I've bought the XI that will play the opening game of the season!

Pre-season

Res.JPG.b56133b6945a0b0ec57bd237f51e7a94.JPG

Well it's been a pretty good pre-season! I kept the fixtures that had been set up prior to me taking over and I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with the results. All wins and only two goals conceded doesn't sound like a bad place to be!

Table.JPG.df1c70e09deaf0d43dedde6585409538.JPG

The predictions say that we'll finish 5th. We seem to be a fair chunk ahead of both Arsenal and Leicester but also a little bit behind Man U so it will be interesting to see how we do. I think it's going to be a challenge to sneak that final Champion's League place.

Fix.JPG.73e59c496fdeb83985befc551a893f6a.JPG

It's an interesting month to get us going. We've got two games that we really should win followed by two games against the clubs that will be competing for those European places so we should have a fair idea of how we're going to do by the end of the month!

Edited by RaySunshine

Starting XI

XI.JPG.9a2b602f9289b04d85870d514918b024.JPG

So a new season looms large and this is the team that I'm looking to put out for my first game back in charge of Spurs!

Walid Halamia: The 25yo Frenchman has spent all of his career excelling at Anderlecht and it was this stellar record that caught my eye and led me to bring him to the lane.

James Black: The 25yo Englishman has been Spurs' RB since 2026. He's caught the eye of Barcelona and was capped when I was England manager so I feel like it's a safe place.

Allesandro Bastoni At spurs since 2022, the 33yo Italian is someone I trust to help command the backline. He won't be there forever at this age though.

Jean-Clair Todibo: Todibo is in a similar postion having been a rock at the back since 2026. I'll look to make the most of this pairing before I need to move them on.

Enrique Gonzalez: The second of my three signings and a bargin at £28m. The former Dortmund man will be someone I expect to excel.

Ezequiel: The third and final signing I made is the 21yo Brazillian who is one of the great world prospects. Having pinched him for £13.5m, I expect him to do well.

Fabio Augusto: The 26yo Brazillian was brought in from Santos in 2024 and is the second part of my all-Brazillian CM axis.

Igor Philippov: The 21yo Ukranian joined the club from Shaktar three years ago. He's coming through the ranks and a great future prospect.

Riccardo Isaia: The Italian has spent two years at Spurs having come in from Torino. He got 8 goals and 7 assists last season and I look forward to more.

Jeronimo Espinoza: The 21yo Mexican has been at the club for the last few years but not really made it. He's got the nod ahead of 33yo Justin Kluivert at the moment but will that last?

Sebastian Mora: The Colombian spent half of last season at Man City having joined them from PSG. But then, in the winter, Spurs stepped in and Mora was on the move again! Let's see what he can do in his first full season.

August 2032

Res.JPG.a6dd6d3114ace7502eb34f4d740907fc.JPG

The opening month of the season contained four games. The first was the ideal start against Brighton (Isaia 9, Moran pen 17, Espinoza 23, Philippov 52). Isaia's goal was the pick of the bunch - curled into the top corner from just inside the D. We were on a wave going into the West Brom (Philippov 30) but came out with a shock. We took the lead through Philippov's curled effort but they took the lead through two long balls over the top. It was the small matter of the North London Derby next when we took on Arsenal (Espinoza 25, 38). Two crosses by Redondo and Ezqueial were both headed home at the far post by Espinoza to give us a famous win over my former employers. The final game of the month was against Liverpool (Redondo 4, Baxter 69). Superstar Redondo gave us the lead with a tidy finish and they pegged us back straight away when our keeper came flying out. A super finish from Baxter restored the lead after a neat throw-in and Halaimia went from villian to hero with a string of superb saves as Liverpool pushed forward at the end.

Table.JPG.1a82881d835733af0b44cb52592682b1.JPG

It's very early days but we're where we want to be in the table - firmly in the competition at the right end of the table. There's a long way to go yet before it means anything though!

TableCL.JPG.23c3d1f225df06a1041f70b7df89de90.JPG

Just before the Liverpool game, our group for the Champion's League was drawn. It looks hard! As fate would have it, I return to my former employers in the Portugal. We also have the challenge of Dortmund to overcome and that will be a challenge for sure. Club Brugge from Belgium round out the group.

Fix.JPG.352f21aa1786716c428c97d2fee10c05.JPG

September looks like a busy month. Games against Leicester, Man City and Aston Villa provide us with leage action while we face Brugge and Dortmund in the Champ's League so we'll soon see how the group is going. Finally, the League cup starts with a game away at Norwich. Plenty of games and plenty of challenge await...

September 2032

Res.JPG.61f63335e2b018eaa5f0ce9b8bdce741.JPG

Game one of September saw us take on Leicester (Mora pen 43, Espinoza 44, Redondo 62) in what turned out to be a crazy game. We go 1-0 down, we turn it round to 2-1 just before HT, they equalise just after HT and we take the lead again only for them to score two and steal the game - aaargh! We took all this frustation out on poor Club Brugge (Mora 2, 38, Isaia 13). Headers were the order of the day and got us 2 out of the three. We then took on Man City (Augusto 6, Mora 32, Espinoza 45+1, Kluivert 58) and were sent into dreamland! The pick of the goals was Augusto's daisycutter into the bottom corner from inside the D. The only problem now is that he's flirting with Barca! A second-string side took on Norwich (Bravo 21, Redondo 62, Mora 90+1) but at 3-1 down at HT, I had to bring on the big guns to save the day at the last minute and see us into the next round via penalties.  Villa (Espinoza 16, 23, 38, Mora 21, Redondo 55) were a place above us in the league but could do nothing to stand in our way. My personal highlight were some of the killer balls Augusto played to set things up and make chances. Finally, we played Dortmund (Mora 48, Augusto 83, Bastoni 90+5). I was really impressed with the result we got out of a tight game and I hope that that will really boost our chances of getting out the group.

Table.JPG.fd35b11f0f19f3481e94cebe8e54cdfa.JPG

TableCL.JPG.9150b5e29cd986347e86d7b2dede5151.JPG

At the moment, it feels like we're sitting pretty in the league. We're in a Champ's League place and are three points ahead of Man City and five points ahead of Arsenal and Man U so I feel like the odds are certainly in our favour with that one at the moment. In the Champ's League, we're also doing well. We're presently six points ahead of Dortmund and, even if we suffer some knockbacks, I doubt they'd beat our head-to-head of a 3-0 win. All in all, I can't complain!

Fix.JPG.b0445c42628d4a6940382ccd6c403eeb.JPG

Watford, Bournemouth and Wolves are all games I think we should be winning if we want to make good on our potential. Chelsea, on the other hand, provide a serious challenge as they have shot off up to top place - five points ahead of Southampton. It's Southampton that we take on in the League Cup and, although I'm rotation slightly in the competiton, it's a chance of silverware and I want to win it. Last, and by no means least, we take on my former employers. When I was in charge of Porto, we moved pretty smoothly past Spurs. I hope to offer a bit more a match this time around!

Edited by RaySunshine

October 2032

Res.JPG.4c295b60bec6c05fe4948d78bb8f7402.JPG

October was a pretty busy month for us and, on the whole, a positive one as you can see from the results above. The month began with a league game against strugglers Watford (Aime 27, 35, Redondo 55, 77, Mora 59, Kluivert 60) who had no answer for our attack. Kluivert got goal of the month for a superb dribbling run to edge of the box before curling it into the far corner. Bournemouth (Baxter 90+1) proved a much harder nut to crack but a corner from Aime saw Baxter head home to give us the win. We had little joy against former employers Porto (Mora 52). We were 4-0 down by HT and sent home with our tails between our legs. The game against Chelsea (Espinoza 8) began with a dream start and for the most of the game, I would have been happy with the point but a late penalty saw them snatch all three. The League Cup game against Southampton was a bit of a bore-fest in the 90 but a penalty win sees us on into the QF. Finally, we took on Wolves (Redondo 4, Mora 13, Aime 61) and brushed them aside. The goal of the game was Aime's superb effort smashed low into the corner from outside the box.

YPTM.JPG.660b52b7acf2168d00646f86e262ee2b.JPG

Even though a lot of his work was off the bech, Aime did enough to secure young player of the month just ahead of Ezequiel. Two players in there is a good sign for us. Bring on the wonderkids says I!

Table.JPG.47b11e23f681832f3c8e019680ad8d74.JPG

TableCL.JPG.fb22487329969ec0c6ef4dca486fa0ac.JPG

I have to be pleased with whre we are in the league table. We remain in the champ's league places and two points away from the Europa League places. It's even better to be up to second. We're four points behind Chelsea who really seem to be striking out for the title. In the Champ's League itself, Dortmund could only draw with Brugge which puts us five points ahead of them at the halfway stage. Get a win against them again and we've pretty much qualified I would have thought. They're not our next game though...

Fix.JPG.a609a398394833d3e08920d42e3bae6c.JPG

Our next game is the home tie v Porto and I really want to give my former club a proper game this time around. I really hope that we can beat them and really strengthen our credentials but I'm still not too worried - yet. Derby and Sheffield are in the relegation places and Everton are tenth so those games have all got to be targeted for points. Man U are presently 8th so it would be great to beat them and keep them out the way too!

November 2032

Res.JPG.94d64ce1ef2f1214b1e395ea2d64e676.JPG

November kicked off with the second game against my old club Porto (Mora 4, Kluivert 89). It's pleasing to say that the result was the one that we wanted this time around and it helped me to feel better about moving on. The following game saw us take on Derby County (Espinoza 5, 26, 42, 52, Baxter 24). A five-goal haul by Espinoza showed how we were on the up and what quality the winger had. We followed this up by going behind to Man United (Espinoza 18, Mora 39). We went behind early on but had turned it around by HT and then held on to secure the result. A heavily-rotated side took on Brugge (Mora 81). We were poor for the most of the game so rather than bringing on the youngsters, we had to bring on the big guns to get to the draw. We were even worse against Everton where we battled with them throughout but, having lost Espinoza through injury, we were worrying short of any creativity or finishing. The same story was true against Sheffield United and this brought our month to a pretty unsatisfactory conclusion.

YPTM.JPG.74b807b28a242eebd24f2058e6ea4227.JPG

Two months in a row and two Young Players of the Month - that's certainly a record I look forward to keeping going as we seek to bring in the best young players from all around the world.

Table.JPG.339b427670d873b76a428a9d9e403e49.JPG

TableCL.JPG.076de47f37390a967283d6e93abf9988.JPG

The league table can't look any better at the moment! Despite the struggles at the end of the month, we come through as top of the table. It's a worry though that it's all so close and, with injuries, things could easily go any which way. In the Champ's League, we've squeaked above Porto but we have to match their result in order to secure top of the group. That's where I want to be but I'll still be resting key players through the game.

Fix.JPG.27e00d26c07116c90f7924d9dd5f4dd0.JPG

This December doesn't look as packed as an English December can. In terms of the number of players I have needing a rest, that can only be a good thing! All the league games are winnable and, having slumped at the end of November, we need to pick up again. Dortmund is a game I want to win as is the QF against Man City although I know that won't be an easy task. I'll let you know how we get on...

December 2032

Res.JPG.cde7ea0f733d1ca70831dd024312397c.JPG

December was again a mixed month as you can see from the win-draw pattern displayed above. In the first game, we took on Leeds United (Fabio Augusto 53). Despite battering them in the first half, we went in level. I thought we'd get the points when Augusto slotted the ball under the keeper but their equaliser in the dying embers meant the points were shared. In the Champ's League, we took on Dortmund (Espinoza 10, Redondo 53, Bravo 70 90+2, Mora 85). The game was close to begin with but opened up in the second half to our advantage which led to us battering them in their own backyard. Back to the league and back to Norwich (Baxter 33). Once again, we took the league and again let the points slip just before the final whistle blew. In the League Cup, we took on Man City (Redondo 37) and another last-gasp goal pinned us back but we squeaked through on penalties. Southampton (Espinoza 69) and another infuriating last-gasp equaliser meant that we'd gone five games without a win. Grumblings are beginning to echo around the hallowed halls. Thankfully, we redeemed ourselves in the game against Middlesbrough (Philippov 7, Espinoza 14, 19) Philippov marked his return from injury with a goal and we got all our business done before twenty minutes.

Table.JPG.94083cfbc303864cfa642e4b7d45cffb.JPG

A month with far too many draws in it means that we've slipped out the Champ's League places at the half-way stage of the season. There's plenty of time to put things right though and squeak into that final spot. Man U haven't made it into view yet which is a bit surprise.

YIprev.JPG.c9335a2ed4864b4561599a4ee3412efa.JPG

Youth is something that the club are keen on but it doesn't look like this input is going to generate much of it. I'll tell you more about the English keeper from Paraparaumu when we get names to go on. I think I'll have to have a look at the quality of our facilities.

Fix.JPG.ec0d518b8f1279e8e3dcfdcd77d43943.JPG

January is a busy one in which we'll work our way through nine games! The FA Cup game against Portsmouth will be great as the FA Cup always is and there's the chance to get through to the League Cup final if we can find our way beyond Leicester over two legs. then the league throws us Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City. There's plenty here to get our teeth into!

January 2033

Res.JPG.0439952e0188027218894c39f24261a8.JPG

So our busy month has been played out but, overall, I'm pretty pleased with what we got out of it. We began the month in the cup against Portsmouth and, despite dominating the game, we just couldn't make the break-through and it was taken to a replay. We then took on Leicester (Mora pen 71) in the cup semi-final first-leg. We'd had two goals ruled out when they scored from a rebound. We went up the other end, got a pen and the game finished all-square. Next up were Brighton (Bastoni 21). We dominated the match and an Augusto free-kick smashed home by Bastoni at the far post was enough to see us through. In the second leg against Portsmouth (Redondo 4, Philippov 71), we took the lead through a tap-in before they equalised with a miracle scissor-kick. Philippov had the final say though heading home the winner. Back to the league and we took on West Brom (Black 3, Bastoni 5, Espinoza 12). Black smashed us into the lead in the third minute and the game was all wrapped up by fifteen minutes in. This was just the taster for the big game against Liverpool (Redondo 83). We bossed the game but they took a shock lead through a corner. Redondo gave us a point though when he smashed home a daisy-cutter from the edge of the area. This was followed up by a strong win against Derby (Baxter, 10, 12, 23 Redondo 70) despite Espinoza picking up a knock that would keep him out for three to six weeks. Back to the semi and we took on Leicester (Fedorov 31) and new-boy Federov took us to the final with a super strike after being put through but Gravenberch. We were without Isia who was injured in training and isn't expected to be back before the end of April! Finally, we played Leicester (Fedorov 40, Philippov 68, Combe 79) and Fedorov got the goals flowing again! It looks like he could be a pretty serious signing!

Table.JPG.74cbcc06318c8a68f6123d448701b1bb.JPG

The table sees us remain fifth but we now have a game in hand against Arsenal so I'd love to get above them by the end of the season. I think the squad can but we'll see what happens. I know what happens when a team fails to qualify for the Champion's League and I really don't want to be fending off a mass exodus.

TransferOut.JPG.79604bfb5c5593801ff077b31e0793eb.JPGTransferIn.JPG.5d922ea6f02a332028e2bd51099f644d.JPG

In the out's we've been pretty busy. Kluivert wanted to go and serious money for a 33yo was something I just couldn't turn down. Turati has been replaced as club number one and wanted playing time so he was out too. The rest are youngsters needing minutes or not up to scratch. Finally there was an in - I'd been tracking Fedorov for ages but when a couple of other clubs put in bids, I had to get on with it as I wasn't going to lose him to rivals. It seems like a sound investment so far. We also had a go for Ortigosa who's a promising cm and I thought would help cover for Isaia's injury. Porto offered a better wage than us though and he went off there instead.

Fix.JPG.6c71e8a059d4c729514612ebd20b92f5.JPG

February is a month packed with some pretty serious games. We face Man City and Chelsea in the league and we play in the Nou Camp in the first round of the Champ's League knockout stage. It's going to be a really tough month but we'll have a good sense of where we'll be by the end of this. The month also rounds out with a cup final - it doesn't get much more exciting than that!

Edited by RaySunshine

February 2033

Res.JPG.dc9b98e4ba079bd007d6946ce4cc9c39.JPG

February saw us take on Man City (Gravenberch 49, Fedorov 76, 84) in the month's first game. Despite missing a couple of first-teamers, we took a 1-0 lead thanks to Gravenberch's header. Halamia then had to save an Mbappe penalty before two fine Fedorov strikes sealed the win. We were on a high going into the Aston Villa (Mengi 10)  and thought we were doing well when CB Mengi scored. It didn't last though as we gave them a couple of soft goals and the three points. Against Barca (OG 67, Fedorov 74), we were being played off the park to begin with and found ourselves 2-0 down. An OG from a corner followed by Gravenberch sending a ball over the top to Fedorov saw us draw level. We couldn't hold on though and still have work to do. This was followed by a frustrating draw against Bournemouth (Fedorov 43). It got me a little worried going into the Chelsea game and the cup final that we were hitting a negative run. I needn't have worried though as we stormed in against Chelsea (Fedorov 79, Redondo 90+2) and this set us up for the cup final against Liverpool (Aime pen 32, Espinoza 72, Redondo 77). We were poor, really poor, in the first half and were only level at HT courtesy of a penalty. I read the riot act in the dressing room and two super goals - a close-range header from Espinoza and a first-time finish from Redondo - saw us lift the cup!

EFL.JPG.2b3cf3a3f13292728092f66dcb332a78.JPG

Table.JPG.8e0a5710271d438082e1f89152cdb32b.JPG

Cup winning always looks good so I can't complain there. It's great to get my first silverware for my beloved Spurs and I hope to see out the rest of FM21 by winning much, much more! As far as the table goes, we're only a point off second and third so there are still two places up for grabs. But at least three teams on the same amount of games as we are and fewer. We have played most of the really hard teams so I'm hoping that, with a decent run-in, we can get that Champ's League place.

Fix.JPG.cf5254608ac299da3c0a7aa5a4f791fa.JPG

The month kicks off with an FA Cup against Fulham and I certainly want to keep going on all trophy fronts so we're looking to win that. Watford and Derby are in the relegation places and Wolves are 13th so I view all of those as winnable games. Arsenal is the only serious league game that we would worry about. Then, there's Europe. We've got work to do at home against Barca but a one-goal win would be enough to see us through. Can we do it in front of our own fans...

March 2033

Res.JPG.d6674a504976432743bc3c9157d0a002.JPG

After the high of winning the cup, we moved over to the other cup and had something of a shock against Fulham. I was forced to rotated the side due to fatigue and we simply came up short. We dominated the game and didn't score - they had one shot and put it away. In the league, we took on Watford (Espinoza 70,87) who really did park the bus against us. It took until the last few minutes for us to score but, thankfully, the two goals we got were enough to take all three points. In the Champ's League, we took on Barcelona. They dominated again and moved on in the competition at our expense. We then took out all our frustrations on Wolves (Aime 1, Redondo 12, Ezequiel 79) scoring three wonder goals to secure the points. In the North London Derby, we took on Arsenal (Mora 69) who scored first and dominated the first half. We came out fighting in the second and Mora broke his goal duck to get us a share of the points. Finally, we took on Derby (Baxter 7, Bastoni 50, Mora pen 62, 86, Adams 83, Rose 90+1) and we simply took them apart. The most pleasing goal for me was when Nmecha (youngster one) crossed for Adams (youngster 2) to control and smash home. It was great to see a highly-rated youngster score his first Spurs goal.

Table.JPG.f20d2baa4cf19613fbd2efcff93e55f0.JPG

The month ends and, with seven games to go, we're top of the table - sort of! The truth is both Liverpool and Arsenal have two games in hand on us so I certainly wouldn't put ourselves in the favourites shoes. I really do hope though that we can finish that top-four finish.

YIn.JPG.5f1da3b6c091e840c6ff66d80d2d6e16.JPG

Talking of youngsters, our crop has been revealed. I'm not exactly excited and just left it to the DoF to sign the players he thought we should only so we actually had some youth players in the next season. I could have easily left them all behind that's for sure!

Fix.JPG.5a4644155c7d8ee84087fe40e6b11512.JPG

Five of the remaining seven games include huge away ties at Leeds and at Man Utd. Let's hope we can get points out of those and really push on to secure a top four place. COYS!

April 2033

Res.JPG.9b4910a22489ffab1af5e4bdd87858ec.JPG

April was pretty much a perfect month and one that could have a huge say in where we finish this season. We started off by playing Everton (Adams 38, Aime 41, 90+1, Todibo 55). Youngster Adams set us on the way with his second goal in two games and the flood-gates opened handing us a 4-0 win. We then went on to play Sheffield United (Fedorov 3, Bastoni 25) and enacted some revenge for them beating us. Federov's goal was pinched out of the keeper's hands while Bastoni headed home a free-kick at the far post. Leeds United (Bravo 46, Fedorov 63, Aime pen 80) had been in the top four race all season so it was particularly pleasing to beat them. Goal of the game was Halamia sending Fedorov and Bravo through 2-on-1. The two played some foot tennis before Fedorov finished. Finally, we took on Norwich (Espinoza 9, Aime pen 48, Fedorov 75, 89, Bravo 85). We could only get one goal in the first half but went on to secure a comfortable result in the second. This match's best goal was Bravo's fine volley from a deep Augusto cross.

Table.JPG.b11f21db63bd66dddd3e8a571857a833.JPG

I daren't look at the table at the moment! If we could win two of our three games, we would win the title! I can barely bring myself to say it as I'm really worried that it won't happen. It just seems to good to be true. Regardless, a top four finish is pretty secure and that's what we absolutely have to have!

3POTM.JPG.4be0d427e446ae991c60d0a88cb66d74.JPG

We got all three players of the month alongside young player for the month for Aime and manager of the month for yours truly. All in all, it was a good month!

Fix.JPG.75a6020d4fa19b1fd6020c67df043288.JPG

Three games remain - three cup finals in order to help us secure that almost magical title. Can we go one better than Poch or will we have that familiar painful feeling? Read on to find out!

May 2033

Res.JPG.fb9a50ba4fba906e555349a1a03d09ab.JPG

We began the month playing Southampton (Espinoza 13) and they really gave us a game. We dominated the first half and took the lead after a superb run down the left and finish. Southampton pushed hard though and we came away feeling lucky to get the three points. We went into the next game knowing that, due to Arsenal's shock draw with Bournemouth, a point would give us the title. We played at Old Trafford and Man Utd (Todibo 32). A corner knocked across the face of goal led to Todibo having an open goal and that goal gave us both the win and the title! We had a finishing flourish against Middlesbrough (Redondo 6, Espinoza 26, Fedorov 61). It was great to finish the season with a win and bring on three youngsters for minutes too.

PremLeague.JPG.34bd2bf1449f21056e494f9776974017.JPGTable.JPG.efb9f6c807453cee047b890e2b1c6d2c.JPG

I don't know what more to say here - I'll just leave this here for you to enjoy! Glory, glory...

Season Review

Tos.JPG.565cb7dc6485623fa7c48b5864ae2c10.JPG

The team of the season is an interesting one: I agree with most of the positions but I'm surprised that  Philippov got in ahead of Redondo who was a pretty regular goal threat. I also think that Aime and Fedorov were unfortunate to miss out on places but they only came into the team later on in the season - I may well have an end-of-season bias here!

Awards.JPG.4ab84af2aed2b575c240fbc6526805a6.JPG

The awards were spread around well as befits a team that has just won the league. Espinoza, in particular, far out-scored what you think his goals would be when you look at his stats. I hope that he can continue to do the same thing next season. Augusto has been a fine provider but the likes of Barca and Man City certainly have their eye on him.

Vision.JPG.0c6189cf40f27022261cb0831ccb8fb1.JPG

The vision screen remains as full as ever. I have managed to talk them out of signing high-profile players and spending all the transfer budget as they're pressures that I can well do without. Overall, it looks like I'm doing ok!

Bud.JPG.ba3700d6cf117237ff20efb34128d699.JPG

There's some significant budget available here so I look forward to being able to do some interesting things. Overall though, I still want to make money for the club and keep everything on an even keel so I aim to get in more than I spend if I can!

Pre-Season

So, on the back of our surprise title win, we have another season to prepare for and work to do to keep the squad going and keep us competing.

InsOuts.thumb.JPG.3bcd065ba04bf2f9cfe5a7e5681f0803.JPG

Out2.JPG.2d611dfddd2b6727e19eee4f9e731226.JPG

Well it certainly hasn't been a quiet summer. As I've often found in the second window at a club, you have a much stronger sense of what you can clear out and you can see this from the outs list above! I'm lucky that, so far, no player I have wanted to keep has gone although I have had a few bids put in for Fabio Augusto  and Philippov has a promise that I will sell him. No-one yet though has agreed to a bid due to his wages so I can see trouble coming from a distance!

In the ins, I'm aware that my backline is ageing so Malheiro and Cataldo are the youngsters brought in to be the future and learn from the old pros while they're still there. The big summer signing has actually come from last season's budget. Jorn Weber was brought into the club from Sparta Rotterdam for £65 million and has the potential to be a 4* AMC. I'll keep you posted on his progress as the season goes through!

Man.thumb.JPG.f51a956a37983144afd387e37195a094.JPG

I'm getting closer in the race to be the world's top paid manager now that I'm on £155k p/w. Flick seems determined to go on forever and I've just spotted that Inter have two managers in the list! I wonder how long Barella will be there before a managing job gives him a wage hit!

Odds.JPG.1a50d0a201301afb9dfbe77f5456ee21.JPG

Our odds have improved from 6.5 to 5.5 this year. Liverpool are odds on to win the league and it will be interesting to see how that pans out as I don't remember them being too strong at any particular point last season. Man U are projected to do much much better and then a significant gap opens up between them and Arsenal so hopefully we should remain the pride of North London.

PreSeason.JPG.359fed728e6c798b5b6db0b5c15ed288.JPG

Fix.JPG.1e8d47c142a8aa2877431b97d05d4ebc.JPG

Pre-season was pretty good as you can see and nice nod to give Bastoni his testimonial after he leads the backline to a title-winning display conceding the fewest goals of any team in the season.

In terms of games coming up, we have a Community Shield opener which Spurs haven't won since 1962 and then a really nice run to get us going. Win, win, win, win, win please!

August 2033

Res.JPG.8e0087793d647bddf93287a819b95985.JPG

Another game - another trophy! It was great to beat Manchester City (Fedorov 16, Aime 45+2) after we led twice and got pegged back twice. It took penalties but another piece of silverware is ours. The season proper began with a game against Bournemouth (Aime pen 13, Bravo 22, 33) and it was pleasing to get the win. I thought we were going to rocket up a huge score but it didn't quite come. Game two was against Sheffield United (Isaia 82). It looked like we were going to drop points here but Isaia had other ideas popping up with a far post header to give us the win. Against Middlesbrough (Aime pen 29, Bravo 32) saw a quick-fire brace give us the win. Bravo's goal in particular was on the end of a super run and dribble. We rounded the month out against Southampton (Black 9, Bravo 59, Gonzalez 82). We were 1-0 up, 2-1 down and finally with the scores locked at 2-2, Gonzalez arrowed a 20-yard super strike into the corner to give us the perfect month.

Table.JPG.63a56ad024fdd9e7ab97285edb3edb38.JPG

TableCL.JPG.4905aab0031a84c76d7031b44e46c97a.JPG

The table looks good at the moment with only three teams having perfect records and us being one of them. We need to keep it going for a lot longer before it means anything but it's certainly the way to start. We also had out Champ's League draw and it looks much more promising than some of the draws we've had in the past - I think we should qualify.

In.JPG.15911708568798c9fd41bac1f371b4c1.JPGOut.JPG.834b2a4a2c35c0d791b5cbf1356c430c.JPG

We snuck in one more youngster in the transfer window - bringing in promising youngster Scott McCormick from Hamilton. The biggest out was Philippov on loan who wanted out after contract talks broke down.

Fix.JPG.77ff43cb3e989e038c5ab879ea43454e.JPG

There's a lot going on in September. None of the league games will be easy - especially not against Chelsea to open the month. We have Bournemouth in the League Cup which is do-able but not easy and finally we kick off our Champ's League campaign against Hertha and Stade Rennais. There's plenty to see and do!

September 2033

Res.JPG.5e4eeac8c7e1713329536a9abcc7fbd3.JPG

September was a busy month and coming out of it undefeated felt pretty important. We started the month playing Chelsea (Bravo 15)  and James Black made a mazy run before crossing over for Bravo to head home the game's only goal. We opened our Champ's League group game against Hertha (Redondo 7). They scored in the second, we scored in the seventh and that was that - a strange game! Back to league action and a game against Leeds (Mora pen 87). It looked like we were heading for our first defeat of the season but a late penalty put home by Mora saw our first striker to score in the league! We took on Bournemouth (Mora 27, Bravo 55) and early on lost Fedorov for a spell of two  -  threee months which is a real worry. It didn't stop us in the league against Villa (Redondo 16 Baxter 90+1) although it took a goal mouth scramble to fall to Baxter in the dying seconds to get us the win. We rounded out the month playing Stade Rennais (Aime 50, 62) and Aime played a blinder smashing home and long shot and then scoring a neat header to give us the win.

Table.JPG.e08bb8d4a14521f206d4020065d9d270.JPG

TableCL.JPG.1592a3c60675c45d8840ba59e151a4e5.JPG

In the league, we're top of the table which is always a pleasing place to be. It's important to say that, even though we beat Chelsea, we've still got plenty of stern tests to come. In the Champ's League, the win and draw puts us in the good two places to be. Red Star will be up next and then we'll know exactly where we are.

Fix.JPG.f2d4da34cdc6c3deddcbc2dd16df4b55.JPG

Games against Man City and Liverpool is a pretty serious way to open the month and any points gained in those two games will be hard earned. In the Champ's League, we'll take on Red Star and it will be good to beat them and look set to qualify from the group. West Ham and Brighton round out the league games and then we take on Liverpool in the defence of our League Cup trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

The end...

As the Beta for FM22 starts to take over the world, I thought I'd give this a quick bump to say that I'm finishing this save here with us at the top of the table (even if we've only played seven games!).

I look forward to being back for FM22 though so thought I'd ask those who followed it what your likes and dislikes were - basically, I'm after some tips to make the FM22 content even better. I'm certainly considering two or three shorter saves rather than one whole game save next time round but let me know what you think!

A few q's you could answer for me?

Do you like this save length?

This was a journeyman with no real target in mind. Do you like that or do you prefer when a save with a finishing goal - ie. win the league with team a or win the champ's league with team a = mission complete.

Did the format of results, tables and fixtures work? If you want to see more, what do you want to see?