Serie C - career mode

2 nd season update, 7 human managers currently e.... tutti stranieri ! (more Zemans than Bonieks in terms of managerial success)

Bari, Pro Vercelli and Perugia are pushing for immediate promotion to serie A
Lucchese leading their group
Albinoleffe with swedish manager are doing much better,currently 2nd.
Cesena just got their Scottish influence
Monopoli after a strong start are doing much worse with their scottish manager on holiday (not surprised as their stadium is directly by the Adriatic Sea)

Join in ,porco dio.
Currently 2 saves ongoing- this is our main (for the evenings and weekends), EFL Champ as a side one

obraz.png.869e5ab938fe5841ed306b7b9b11bc6e.png
obraz.png.ead8320cda8ee002a5339172d7be37c3.png
obraz.png.01a1c6c6d26a14dbf92218d8b489541d.png
obraz.png.39e96be200d3fccf6a9096d31a6d6d1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

MERCATO TIME still but we re about to start 3 rd season after 2 silent nights.
All 3 human-managed clubs from serie B (Pro Vercelli, Bari, Perugia) promoted to serie A.
Lucchese promoted to B.
Cesena lost in the playoff final and stays in C ,along with AlbinoLeffe and Monopoli.

Current managers are:
beggaz (ENG) -Bari
MS (POL) - ProVercelli
Gino (ENG)- Perugia
kostropaty (POL) -Lucchese
Adam (SWE) -Albinoleffe
Mat (SCO) - Cesena
Raab (SCO)- Monopoli

Playing times vary as sometimes the host could not cope with getting asleep, but its usually night to night, from 10 PM GMT roughly. Game is loaded during the day when preseason/transfer window/or just on demand, if other online save is not played.

Edited by Kostropaty

• 3 weeks later...

Beginning of the 4th season, 4 players still playing in day-to day (or rather night-to-night) mode, 2 on holiday due to personal reasons, 1 gave up after getting stuck in serie C.

Perugia ended their Serie A comeback season in excellent manner by finishing 3rd and getting to the CL group stage.
obraz.png.1ba81f34a6f272b760a73649aa64fe13.png
Thiago Vecino, Uruguayan striker won Capocannonnere, european Golden Shoe and best Italian player awards. Worth to mention that he was signed from Lazio for a just 2,2 mln.

BARI- they were in CL places battle but started to lose points at the end just to finish 7th, European Conference League at the start in serie A is not bad either.
obraz.png.8e2db087dd302348de41cc466946370e.png

Pro Vercelli -the legend is back. Their manager however spent the rest of the season on Holiday, despite being in the top 4 in the winter. Finished in mid-table and wealthy enough to build a new stadium, after a just one season in the top.
Mariusz Stępiński is their best player which is for me really hard to believe..
obraz.png.c1759dff82634d84f086427a9a8fdd82.png

obraz.png.32a29c6fbb8274350d39f962994ab705.pngobraz.png.80db4f6b01a6ba5be962f3d28ca57674.png

Lucchese :obraz.png.4977eec6eced32e8d7210c8340f4519e.png

After being near the top (results like 6-0 away vs Verona and later champions Cittadella), lost their skipper due to injury and started giving away stupid points (lost to relegated Olbia and Vicenza). Finished just outside the playoff zone -9th, with +30 goal difference. At least repaired financial damage by selling two players to Turkey (Bongiovanni to Malatyaspor for a club record fee -2,6 mln). With relegated Genoa, Parma and SPAL with Mandragora, its going to be another hard season. Lost two loaned strikers -Rovaglia to Chievo and Bianchi to Genoa who provided a threat. As many players reject playing in this charming tuscan city, i'm urged to scout serie C teams and in Primavera. Below are two recent addidtions who may turn into a good players (i hope so):

obraz.png.99626342e21d4f83981b6387f1cf0874.png
obraz.png.4fc11e6517b72c8eecd72b130ea5804c.png

AlbinoLeffe -after a terrific 1st season (finished 2nd) ,their swedish manager must go on holiday. Neverthless they managed to be automatically promoted, however due to bad finances should really struggle in a very competitive Serie B.
obraz.png.3fec892c7eb98791eee214457698cd9a.png

Monopoli -their scottish manager finally returned from a holiday in the 3 rd season. Finished well (3rd) but lost in the playoffs semis vs Juve u23. Southern Serie C still seem a tough task with Palermo, Reggina, Avellino, Catania and Lecce looking for a automatic promotion as well.

obraz.png.f52186621088f090e793ae663c2760ea.png

Leagues start in a week , some of the squads still desperatelly need additions.

If you re tough and determined enough to play in the night (regular or not, your decision) -contact me via steam ("kostropaty"). The game is often loaded during a daytime (transfers ,player/staff search, tactical settings etc).

obraz.png

obraz.png

Edited by Kostropaty

End of 4th season.
Perugia won the Serie A -that is something (however lost to Liverpool on away goals in the fisrt knockout stage of the CL : 6-3 and 1-4)
Bari lost CL place in the last week, europa League for them.
Pro Vercelli - on holiday and resigned as he cannot play the moment

Whole serie B was crazy and the trickiest division that I ever played in. By all means. It sounds weird as it can be cruised with ease by loans only -but, in the first two seasons IMO. Later on it becomes tricky, especially when clubs like Parma or Genoa are relegated.

Tho whole story starts from the sentiment to Venezia (even got their shirt from late 90s) - saw their manager sacked and decided to apply. Left Lucchese in mid table and took over Venezia with sole 11 points, 8 to the safe zone. Even managed to be 14 th in the later stages but then injuries and bad form came in, got relegated in the last week by a goal difference-well serie C again, in the 5 th season. Just note how tight it was.

Albinoleffe - done excellent with a help of Simone Pesce, excellent assistant (sign him on if youre on holiday frequently)

Palermo (was Monopoli) -lost in the Serie C playoffs

obraz.png.a0b34604df4d2f5fb5b3d66c3675de47.png

Perugia – Season 4 

A quick shout-out to my Perugia boys who brought the club the Scudetto for the very first time in their history, following back to back promotions from the Serie C and a 3rd place finish in our first season in the Serie A last year.

It was a highly intense year that in all honesty I thought would wane at year’s end due to a lack of quality depth, first XI in certain areas, nor a real leader in the squad. However I tried to cover up our weaknesses in January which worked out really well.

Also a key game that made us believe was the 5-3 away win vs Inter. We were tied at 3-3 and had gone down to 10 men with one hour still left to play, but still dugout a win that kept us top of the league at that time with Juventus really putting pressure on us at the top.

438596038_s4-fullsquad.thumb.png.854d8ca3cf22bac0cef0f200b91cb809.png

Key Transfers (Winter)

After our good start, to improve our first XI and provide at least a little bit of depth I brought in these guys in January

Diego Leite – Filled the leadership void in the squad and provided better defensive quality at CB to cover our wingback’s defensive deficiencies.

Tomasso Pobega – Brought a bit more experience and solidity in the DM position, and being sound defensively to assist in the above defensive weakness.

Nicolas Dominguez - Provided bite and more experience in midfield with additional quality to help us control the middle of the park. Had the ability to provide killer balls too giving us a greater threat on the counter.

Riqui Puig – A loan deal to provide quality back up from the bench with a touch of quality. This proved crucial when Vecino was out for a couple of months in the end of season run in.

ECL – Unfortunately a game bug meant I was unable to register Diego Leite despite him being the first change of the three allowed changes I made on the registration page. Without his defensive qualities and leadership, it was no surprise to see Liverpool overturn the first leg deficit to eventually lose on away goals in the first round of knockouts.

However with such a thin squad this proved a blessing in disguise as I doubt we would have had the very strong finish to the league campaign, in which we won 9 and drew one of the last 10 league games. (the draw being 0-0 away to Juventus)

And with Juventus losing the final of the Coppa, reaching the Semi's in the ECL, and eventually coming second in the league, fighting on all fronts likely cost them.

883497722_Season4-PerugiaScudetto.thumb.png.1ebfd64e07497480b267a264a6388322.png

Edited by BJT

5 th season approaching to its end.

BJM switched Pergugia for PSG, probably he will post his update here

BARI - pretty good season as they should finally clinch the ECL place. The major disappointment however is their performance in Europe- lost to Bilbao in the EL 2nd knockout rd.
obraz.png.3dc648c2c7d4483ac396af6ed6f9f160.png

ALBINOLEFFE - their manager is on so-called holidays (believe me or not, medical studies are not holidays and he would rather face Brescia away). His ass man though (Simone Pesce) is the best in the game I guess, keeping Serie A playoff hopes alive.obraz.png.198daf65befda64b127fa9a57bca0f4a.png

VENEZIA -board wanted from me a solid defensive football. 8 weeks to play, and just conceded 10 (5 from pens) so everybodys happy. Financial difficulties prevent me to jeopardize on the transfer market ,however managed to sign some interesting players for Serie C level as Pedro Justiniano or  Nicolo Armini (80 k from Lazio lol). Got some regen youngsters to play-and- sell as well so 3 million pounds debt is not as bad as it looks, last season ended with a profit of 5 millions by selling players (thats the way of managing this sort of a club I guess). Looking forward for a Torino job (as its my fav club out there, Igor Tudor -sic! is insecure from several weeks though), if unsuccessful I ll be happy to guide Venezia further despite its gonna be hard to compete with greats.obraz.png.07a528aac68c7745395fa317bdb11544.png

PALERMO -Porco dio, venetians should say as Padova friends are really struggling right now.  While leading the Serie C/C they just threw away some crucial points (1-5 loss away to Bisceglie) and now stand 3rd behind Lecce and Avellino. It seems that our scottish collegue - Raab- will face 5th consecutive serie C playoffs. At least he made his way to the Serie C cup final. Trophy is a trophy, event if the cup is which- no -one-cares-even-the-board. Such a heroism was rewarded ,he just took over Cuban national team. Hasta la victoria ... no, hasta la promoción siempre.obraz.png.b78b5897d7307ea67571cbbe1375e0ea.png

Edited by Kostropaty

6 th season just before the transfer deadline -decent moment to join.

PSG- as BJT wrote in his topic, won everything and set some new records.
Bari -finished 2 nd behind Inter, ECL for them. Signed some decent regens, league favourites for me.
Albinoleffe - manager currently out due to personal reasons (still assistant keeping them afloat)
Venezia -started badly in Serie B after promotion, losing to Frosinone and in derby game vs Verona. Still in the cup however,after beating Torino away. Financially tough year, started with 4,5 mln pounds deficit, now only -500 k after selling several players. Got some on a free including Boca Juniors' Maroni, ex Verona Danzi, ex Genoa Scamacca which secure my finances for the future i guess.
Palermo- 3 rd week and 1st loss (away to Bisceglie). Favourtes to go finally up this year

Edited by Kostropaty

• 3 weeks later...

Dude you know I had time off with real life circumstances. Real life > FM.

Struggling doesn’t prompt me to quit a game with players I actually enjoy playing with. The struggle makes the game more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Some issues with my laptop as both graphics cards went in f..k off mode. Sega support didnt help much so I was urged to nick my wifes laptop which has lower specs and cannot handle size of our previous saves. There is a new one (save,not wife), feel invited if you can manage our hands on approach and irregular playing times.

Link to our clan advert:

Edited by Kostropaty