Error when trying to verify Finland rules

Carlito85

I keep getting the following error message when testing the 2nd division:

"Ykkönen has not finished in time for the season update day 13/12/2020 (Waiting for stage to be added from Veikkausliiga)"

Due to both competitions having multiple versions I'm not sure where the disconnect is but I know it's typically gonna be something simple like a number needing changed that I'm overlooking. Can anybody take a look at the Finnish rules in the editor?

Edited by Carlito85

I'm also getting the same error for the league in Northern Ireland.

If I find anymore I'll add them and maybe like in FM20 they can be figured out one at a time.

EDIT:

Portugal:
Liga Portugal 2 SABSEG, Promoted and relegated teams do not match up for Liga Portugal 2 SABSEG (0 relegated) and Campeonato de Portugal (2 promoted) (Extra teams requested = 0)

Edited by Carlito85

Fixed Portugal.

For anyone having problems verifying the rules for Portugal, the Liga Portugal 2 SABSEG (Fixed) version is missing the relegation rules. 2 teams should drop into the Campeonato De Portugal for that version of the competition and it'll verify.

Hi mate,

UNION_1.0_Northern Ireland (2).fmf

I had the same issue with Northern Ireland. I managed to fix it, but if I'm honest, I cant remember how. Attached is a working FMF file for northern Ireland, but it contains the changes I added (new pre-season comps which can be deleted).

I'll take a look at Finland now.

You can also force verify XML files if you can't find the issue.

13 minutes ago, L55DS said:

Hi mate,

UNION_1.0_Northern Ireland (2).fmf 24.51 kB · 0 downloads

I had the same issue with Northern Ireland. I managed to fix it, but if I'm honest, I cant remember how. Attached is a working FMF file for northern Ireland, but it contains the changes I added (new pre-season comps which can be deleted).

I'll take a look at Finland now.

You can also force verify XML files if you can't find the issue.

Excellent! Thanks a lot :applause:

Finland is a pain. Working around the first problem raises the second, which should be an easy fix, but isn't working as expected.

I also thought simply ticking [Other stage actions > Stages from other comps > Isn't always needed] in both Finnish first division entries, and then tick [stages> stage 4 > general> Don't add stage if not enough teams>yes] in the Finnish premier League entries, would work, but it doesn't. You can then verify, but I've tested in game and it stops the promotion/relegation between the two leagues working properly. Unfortunately I don't have any more time right now to test further. 

SI really need to fix these verification bugs, they're very frustrating. In the meantime, I usually force verification and test in-game. 

image.png

image.png

6 hours ago, L55DS said:

Finland is a pain. Working around the first problem raises the second, which should be an easy fix, but isn't working as expected.

I also thought simply ticking [Other stage actions > Stages from other comps > Isn't always needed] in both Finnish first division entries, and then tick [stages> stage 4 > general> Don't add stage if not enough teams>yes] in the Finnish premier League entries, would work, but it doesn't. You can then verify, but I've tested in game and it stops the promotion/relegation between the two leagues working properly. Unfortunately I don't have any more time right now to test further. 

SI really need to fix these verification bugs, they're very frustrating. In the meantime, I usually force verification and test in-game. 

image.png

image.png

How do I do the forced verification? I've never worked with the xml files before in relation to the editor so my knowledge on those is minimal.

Big thanks for taking the time to look at it mate.

No problem at all. If you export a file as an XML, you can then edit it in Notepad (or similar). All you need to do is search (Ctrl+F) for the 'verf' line in the text. This may be at the start, middle or end of the text and there may be more than 1 of these lines. Simply delete the entire line of text and save the file. You'll then be able to load it in FM. 

image.png.ad296ce752dee5c956e2f06628f5285e.png

Line deleted:

image.png.6ccd3449d28376cbd4a93a4e3bf03bea.png

7 hours ago, L55DS said:

No problem at all. If you export a file as an XML, you can then edit it in Notepad (or similar). All you need to do is search (Ctrl+F) for the 'verf' line in the text. This may be at the start, middle or end of the text and there may be more than 1 of these lines. Simply delete the entire line of text and save the file. You'll then be able to load it in FM. 

image.png.ad296ce752dee5c956e2f06628f5285e.png

Line deleted:

image.png.6ccd3449d28376cbd4a93a4e3bf03bea.png

I deleted all of the lines from the XML but I can't select the file when starting a new save. It's still saying it needs to be tested and verified. I imported it back into the editor but it says not verified.

15 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Check if all seasons have ended properly, playoffs in season 1. Have seen that happen as the cause that season 2 would end up nope.

I had another go at it in the editor and I changed the nation's season update day from December 15th. No luck. The error simply said the same thing but changed the season update day.

Ykkönen fixtures end in early November at the very latest, while the Veikkausliiga ends in early December at the very latest. The Veikkausliiga's end month was set to November in the General tab so I changed it to December but that didn't do anything. I'm convinced it has to be a bug at this point unless I'm missing something in particular.

Edited by Carlito85