Automatically use physio recommendation for training intensity?

Is there any way to automatically set players' training intensity to the physios' recommendations? I find that without day-to-day management of intensity, some players will develop higher injury risk, and I've found that setting training intensity to the physio's recommendations is a good way to solve this, as well as to increase the training intensity of those who are in good condition but only on half/normal intensity. I was just wondering if there is a way to automate the setting of training intensities to the opinion of the physios?

Thanks

Go to Rest there is a bar up top  that is used for the automated training intensities. Then when you choose individual intensities for players choose auto. When you do this, it automatically sets it to physio recommendations. The only thing it wont do is give a player a holiday/rest. That you n3eed to do yourself. Mine is fully automated

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Go to Rest there is a bar up top  that is used for the automated training intensities. Then when you choose individual intensities for players choose auto. When you do this, it automatically sets it to physio recommendations. The only thing it wont do is give a player a holiday/rest. That you n3eed to do yourself. Mine is fully automated

I am probably being dumb here but does it set it to the Physios recommendations? I thought that set it to whatever intensity you set it to based on condition? I am probably looking in the wrong place because having my Physio set the intensity is something I have really wanted.

On 02/02/2021 at 10:31, Rashidi said:

Sorry to harp on this point but I think what the OP was asking was about the Physio recommendations being automatically set.

So even if you set up the automated training intensities based on a players condition the Physio will basically give you a different recommendation based on(I am guessing) condition, how injury prone the player is and how high the injury risk is at that point and frequently it is completely different to the automated settings you input.

You can click on the Physios recommendations for the whole squad but carrying that out is an almost day by day chore which is something that should be automated.

As I like to rotate a lot and also have at least 2 players able to play in one position, I'm initially setting it to be automatically double intensity for everyone player below 25 age if they have high condition, normal intensity for good condition, low intensity for low condition etc.

At the 2nd look, I'm lowering it to normal for players unhappy with the high intensity of the training and for those who are injury prone.

On 03/02/2021 at 19:27, Crazy_Ivan said:

You can click on the Physios recommendations for the whole squad but carrying that out is an almost day by day chore which is something that should be automated

The only physio recommendation i react to is when a player needs a holiday. I find that if i automatically set it to players physical conditioning, then I hardly ever need to go there unless I am brutally using the same player for every single game across the season. I have 4 saves running concurrently and I have never had to micromanage their individual training intensities

• 1 year later...
On 08/02/2021 at 17:37, Rashidi said:

The only physio recommendation i react to is when a player needs a holiday. I find that if i automatically set it to players physical conditioning, then I hardly ever need to go there unless I am brutally using the same player for every single game across the season. I have 4 saves running concurrently and I have never had to micromanage their individual training intensities

What are your default automatic settings? Do you use the same settings all the time, e.g. both during pre-season and regular season?

5 hours ago, danej said:

What are your default automatic settings? Do you use the same settings all the time, e.g. both during pre-season and regular season?

I go to rest it’s default except for the last condition (90% condition) and higher and set that to double intensity. Then I choose every player and leave the intensity to “auto”, that way intensity adjusts to their physical condition. Whenever core team members end up playing as many as 3 games in 7 days I given them a rest day after a game.

• 1 year later...
On 02/02/2021 at 09:17, gooseta said:

Is there any way to automatically set players' training intensity to the physios' recommendations? I find that without day-to-day management of intensity, some players will develop higher injury risk, and I've found that setting training intensity to the physio's recommendations is a good way to solve this, as well as to increase the training intensity of those who are in good condition but only on half/normal intensity. I was just wondering if there is a way to automate the setting of training intensities to the opinion of the physios?

Not to my knowledge. Brilliant idea however. SI should create such an option. I would also find it incredibly valuable.

I actually suggested to SI that they create such an option in future versions of the game (see below).

Thanks again for the brilliant idea and that you mentioned this. I have been having similar thoughts for a long time and this post was inspirational. It may be a detail, but such an option would in my opinion be a significant improvement to the game. It would create an improved, and at the same time more realistic, automated setting system regarding training intensity.

Edited by danej

A supplemental idea: Regarding training intensity, the game should have an automatic setting like this: "Maximum one level higher than physio recommendation".

In my experience, this would be a great automatic setup. The physio is generally a bit overcautious in his recommendations. So it would be a good regime to stick to your default settings (I think most experienced managers use the in-game default setting except that they up the full green heart (far right) to "double intensity", as BustTheNet also recommends.

In practice this idea primarily means that no players would train at double intensity if the physio recommends half intensity. Which I think would be great, and nothing else needed to have a good automatic training intensity setting.

I experimented a bit more. My updated opinion on good "automatic" settings (if SI would create the option):

Generally do what Rashidi/BustTheNet and most other experienced players seem to do - just use the automated rest settings, but put the full green heart/the far right heart on full intensity. For all squads, not just the first team squad. Just leave it at this, ignore the recommendation of the physio, don't ever tweak manually, apart from the occasional rest day to regular starters during fixture congestion.

The one exception being the initial part of pre-season. The part with a heavy physical training regime, boot camp style. Which seems to be the best way to start the season, Rashidi and others also seem to think so.

Anyway, my experience is that for those initial couple of weeks of boot camp (like the preset "heavy early" regime, or Rashidi's boot camp), you get too many injuries if you use those automated settings. Where in practice every first team member trains on double intensity every day, regardless how susceptible they are to injuries etc.

This is the one instance where I would apply my idea mentioned above. Essentially, for those initial couple of weeks of boot camp, I would daily check the physio recommendation of the first team squad (see the pic at the bottom to check out my view including physio recommendation). And put everyone down to normal intensity when the physio recommends half intensity. Usually, a single day at normal intensity is enough for the given player. The day after he is usually less injury prone so to speak, with the physio recommendation being back at normal or double. So the next day it is usually fine to stick the player back up at the automatic double intensity setting.

For the rest of the season, apart from those initial couple of weeks, my impression is that it is best to do as Daljit recommens and forget about all this. Just use automatic settings, but tweak the full heart to double intensity. It doesn't give too many injuries apart from the initial boot camp period.

Please let me know if anyone has other experiences. My experience with this is still rather limited and I can't say for sure that I am right. However, this detail in the game intrigues me at the moment and I will keep focusing on this for a while yet I think.

If you hardly have any injury prone players in your first team squad, you may not need to do this. But I generally like to make few transfers and stick to my original squad to a large extent. So I am usually stuck with quite a few injury prone players. Like Martial, Varane and Luke Shaw in the Utd squad.

image.png

Edited by danej