Player Position Familiarity

We all know that FM21 got rid of role familiarity. It did not get rid of Position familiarity.
Currently Position familiarity ranges from Natural to Accomplished to Competent all the way down to Poor. Obviously you want to play a player in his Natural position if you can.

It is my understanding that you can never train a player so that their Position familiarity is Natural. The highest it can get is Accomplished.

• So what is the difference between playing a player in his Natural position versus playing him in a position he is only Accomplished in?
  • How big of a difference does it make?

You can get players to Natural. It's not something I generally expect but I have seen people achieving it.

Regardless, whether Accomplished or Natural, the effect isn't very big. What is far more important is their attributes and how they're being used.

4 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

You can get players to Natural. It's not something I generally expect but I have seen people achieving it.

I just want to add-on to this point, I retrained Denis Rodriguez as a RWB at Newell's Old Boys by training him in that position and then exclusively playing him there for most of the season. At some point, he ended up a natural. So it just takes time and effort.

Edited by bielsadidnothingwrong
wrong player

Yeah, can confirm that it's possible. Just had it in my own save a couple of minutes ago.

20yo MC who I used mainly as a DR. He's played there for about 3/4 of a season and I just received news that he's now a natural in the position.

Two things around this -

1 - Younger players will be easier to adapt than older players.

2 - The coach report mentions his good Versatility, so that will be a contributing factor.