Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo!

ToMexico!!

There's something about African football that always draws me back and for the 3rd edition of FM in a row I've returned to the continent. On FM19 it was Ghana and on FM20 it was Cameroon, this time I've gone a little deeper and plumped for Congo. A tougher task at hand all in all, not domestically but continentally, can I win the African Champions League with a team in Congo. 

th?id=OIP.0XYav5oWD75pQeove4sU9gHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=264&h=177

The Republic of Congo

A Central African nation in the southern half of the continent, wraps around Gabon on the west, bordered by Cameroon and Central African Repulic to the north and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the east and south. A country of 132,000 square miles with a population of 5.2m inhabitants of which its capital is Brazzaville on the southern border. 

I have loaded Congo and DR of Congo to the 2nd tiers and chosen England and France as view-only. 

th?id=OIP.C1LC0WtelT-AlX0JH8ClyAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Etoile du Congo

Based in the captial city Brazzaville, Etoile du Congo have won the Congo Premier League on 12 times, the last occasion was in 2006. They have also won the Coupe du Congo on three occasions, lastly in 2019. They have also made 3 appearances in the Champions League but bowed out in the 2nd Round on each occasion. 

The club play their home games at the Stade Alphonse Massemba-Debat along with about another 10 clubs, they ground holds just over 33000 fans. They have below average training and basic youth facilities with average junior coaching and basic youth recruitment. 

As with most of my saves in obscure nations I have already completed two seasons before I start my thread. 

22563a6874832c8938ce963904e3edf1.png

We've had a decent start to life in Congo winning back to back league titles with relative ease, reached the final of the Coupe du Congo but lost to Otoho but struggled in the continental competitions, losing to superior teams in the first rounds we entered. 

The aim for the save is to win the Champions League so we need to drastically improve the quality of the team over the years to come. I would like to put emphasis in developing my own players but will not be adverse to poach players from other Congolese clubs and find gems from further afield. We have space in the team for 10 foreign players so at least there is a limit to work within. I will also look to signed Congolese nationals from European sides, thus why I have France loaded. 

I am currently playing a basic 4-2-4 system with wingers but will look to adapt to a more attacking system like in Cameroon with Astres where I played with just two defenders. 

I admit this could become quite boring for many readers as we will dominate domestically from the off as we have done already but the real challenge is matching and beating the clubs from the bigger nations on this vast continent. 

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing Nationals Home - Mar 2023

One part of this save will be to bring Congolese nationals home from other nations especially France as I have them loaded as view-only. So far in the save (two-thirds into season 3) we have brought home three players. 

• Jeremie Gnali - joined after his release from Metz in the summer, predominantly a full back but has played CB. 
  • Yoann Mavoungou - signed first season of the save after his release from Brest, good returns from the winger each season. 
  • Sosa Maluvunu - a bit of a coup as a player who actually played games in France. 45 goals in 53 games since joining. 

I can't scout France yet as our scouting range is limited but these players were recommended by their agents. 

2022/23 Season Review

A close season which saw us lose out to AC Leopards on the final day of the season as we were defeated 3-0 by the league winners. We lost 4 times this season which was disappointing, considering we were in a stronger position squad wise than last season. Our downfall was that we were missing Maluvunu for the last game of the season through injury, he was such an integral part of the team. 

ec0bda2b3c8af1643e3d1b3bbb78b89a.png

We lost to Kondzo 11-10 on penalties in the Congolese Cup first round. We were also knocked out of the Preliminary Round of the ACL by Sundowns, a tough tie first up. 

Top Players

• Guelor Mboungou - 30 goals in 30 games this season in all comps. 79 league goals in 72 games for the club so far. 
  • Sosa Maluvunu - the strike partner, 29 goals and 14 assists but missing towards the end of the season due to injury. 

We steadily been losing money over the course of the season but we're not in too much danger yet of it spiralling out of control. Finishing 2nd this season means we drop into the African Confederations Cup which could see us play in at least a couple of rounds and bring some money in. 

fb90ff4c4db9dd2ff9be9995ee2b778d.png

1efcc94e547c243e41fa0d20e644d5fe.png

Transfers - Summer 2023

After last seasons 2nd place we needed to remove some deadwood, strengthen and settle on a good first XI to find more consistency. 

38631550c2d48f10e8bf65e0526b4fb5.png

I was disappointed to lose Yoann but when a French club comes calling its difficult for the player to not get his head turned. This transfer ultimately saw us change formation from 4-2-4 to 4-3-3 as we struggled to replace him with any sort of quality. 

5c031c2451df9cdf1d0c87ff92cc36c1.png

Tueba was released by French club US Orleans and joins to add some quality in attack. N'Gakosso is a GK, Bissounga is a CM, Mavoungou and Bah-Yere are CB's and Makiangi is a winger but we changed formation so he's in the reserves now. 

2023/24 Season Review

Very brief as I'm in the new season now. 

We were back to winning ways in the league, we lost just once this season to relegated side Talangai.

11bdf899a21225ec76a9014f215d1183.png

We didn't actually qualify for the African Confederation Cup because we lost in the final of the Coupe du Congo to Otoho so that meant they qualified for it instead of us. 

Mboungou top scored for the club once again with 27 but was backed up by both Tueba (26) and Maluvunu (23) to make a potent attacking trio. We continued to lose money through the season but the league win and cup final appearance meant we clawed most of it back. 

c03ec02807c9a80f44410cf5098ee09b.png

34 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

What database are you using? I was thinking of trying an African journeyman but only if it had continental competition included.

Using Timo's off of Steam. He does individual nations, some down 3 or 4 levels. 

I've not encountered any problems with them. 

Africa really is an untapped continent on FM, it would be good to see some more journeys on here. 

Ketlogetswe Matete

I thought I would show off who I consider to be my first star player of the save. 

999a78558d5d4fc8dbabf8311200a140.png

The Lesotho international was unattached, had no previous club and was sat in the national teams ranks. I snapped him up age 17 but had to wait until he was 18 to play, he had joined on trial until his contract began. 31 goals in 20(3) appearances so far this season with a good chunk of the season remaining. 

He is wanted by Vita Club, one of the top clubs in neighbouring DR Congo. So he may not be with us too much longer but we will enjoy him while we can. 

3 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Using Timo's off of Steam. He does individual nations, some down 3 or 4 levels. 

I've not encountered any problems with them. 

Africa really is an untapped continent on FM, it would be good to see some more journeys on here. 

But does the winner of whatever nation you’re playing compete in continental competition? I wasn’t sure if that is included in the database.

26 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

But does the winner of whatever nation you’re playing compete in continental competition? I wasn’t sure if that is included in the database.

Yeah they do. 

We've been in the Champions League this season. 

2024/25 Season Review 

We breezed through another season and to another league title. We were on course for a perfect season until 2nd placed CARA Brazzaville smashed us 3-0, although 23 wins in row is good form at this early stage. We scored over 100 league goals for the first time in the save, 104 to be precise and conceded just 20 which is a good target to work towards every season from now on. 

8a8143450402071ee0d0289f2edd126f.png

We made it a league and cup double as we finally won the Coupe du Congo for the first time in our 3rd final. We beat Vita Club Mokandia, Otoho, Pigeon Vert, AC Leopards and Brazzaville in the final. 

We also played in the African Champions League this season and lucked our way to the group stages. We beating Milling Hotspurs from Swaziland comfortably 9-1 on aggregate before drawing ES Sahel of Tunisia. We won the home leg 3-1 before losing the away leg 6-4 but we went through on the virtue of away goals. We drew TP Mazembe (DR Congo), Wydad Casablanca (Morocco) and MC Alger (Algeria) in the groups. Losses home and away to TP Mazembe and Wydad Casablanca were overshadowed by wins home and away over MC Alger to finish 3rd in the group. 

cfe18439cc7f1aa5b100e0d7bd74f053.png

The aforementioned Matete was the cream of the crop and finished on 49 goals this season, a new record of course. He was away on international duty for the cup final so missed his chance for racking up 50+. Maluvunu (32) and Tueba (31) were fantastic back ups and both also contributed plenty of assists with 36 combined. Full backs (WB/s) both contributed double figures assists too, Gnali with 13 from the left and Dido made 16 from the right. 

With the run in the ACL we made plenty of money, £822k in prize money alone from the competition. We also made £530k from gate receipts this season compared for just £13k the season before with no continental competition. 

e4e7658053ddf771ede52a8c2c7a8726.png

We've been given £150k to spend on new players which I will look to spend if I can attract the quality I need to improve further. The wage budget has also been increased to £21.5k p/w. 

81578cacaefbb9f480b03b7d3d1b645c.png

2025 Summer Transfers 

The board have been pretty unhappy with me not signing players under the age of 23 for the first team but in recent times the quality hasn't been available to me. This summer I tried to rectify that but it meant we only brought in 5 players overall. 

81b1a1f54d7c33f92ee7e23f13a842e0.png

We paid division rivals Otoho just over £5k for their 19 year old CB Mboungou-Toure, he will provide able back up in the heart of defence. Elenga goes against the grain at 30 years old but finding a good young keeper is proving difficult, he was released by AC Leopards and I snapped him up. Louakima, Emmerson and N'Kassa were all playing in Europe but released by their clubs. Louakima has pedigree in that he starts the game at PSG but then moved to Roma, he's pretty terrible but offers plenty in Congo down the right flank from RB. Emmerson is another 30 year old but has quality, released by Silkeborg in Denmark he started in Ukraine with Chornomorets, he slots straight into CB. Jenny N'Kassa again doesn't have a lot of quality but adds depth to the forward line, started out at Rennes in France before dropping down the leagues to US Saint-Malo and Stade Briochin. 

We a little light in quality in central midfield now so I will need to address this in the upcoming transfer window. 

2025/26 Season Review

Winning the title is becoming a bit a given now but its the manner in which we do is what we need to improve on. This season we won 11 games on the trot before we lost to CARA Brazzaville, losing once is fine but we lost again to Talangai (again!). We also drew twice with La Mancha and Saint-Michel. However, we had our best goal scoring season by plundering 110 goals in 26 games and conceded 21, just over our target of conceding 20. 

b596a35fd06db0e90a621f49f5cd3e7b.png

We made it back-to-back league and cup doubles as we destroyed a struggling AC Leopards side 5-1 in the final. We beat Socobois, La Mancha, Aigles Sport and Saint-Michel along the way. 

On the continental stage we beat Somalian side Elman 7-2 on aggregate before losing 6-3 on aggregate to Orlando Pirates in the ACL before dropping down into Confederations Cup. We beat Lesotho side Butha Buthe Warriors 4-0 on aggregate to reach the group stages. We were drawn alongside Hearts of Oak (Ghana), SO Armee (Ivory Coast) and Wydad Casablanca (Morocco). We picked up wins home and away over SO Armee and a draw against Wydad Casablanca and lost the other 3 games to finish 3rd in the group. 

28322915b4c4b27eee8e1252278cec1d.png

Matete led the way for goals again with 48 this season but he also made 22 assists in his 42(1) games. Both Tueba and Maluvunu scored 35 goals apiece with Tueba bagging his in less games. Full backs Louakima and Gnali both provided 14 assists whilst Tueba (12), Maluvunu (17) and Lesse (13) hit double figures. 

The finances were boosted again this season and we briefly crept over the £1m mark thanks to Confederation Cup prize money. We received just over £400k in prize money this season but gate receipts were down due to not playing in the Champions League. 

b9cae45fcc84d39687b5af596746a75d.png

2eb5c7aa59fee5ca959dcf1564ae2df2.png

2026 Transfers

A another decent budget was given to me by the board but again we struggled to spend even a tenth of it as we can't attract the quality from bigger nations yet. 

c05487a5f51224f853194c3812eb1e8a.png

76f29413a1ebd73b72ffe56c80b7752a.png

Just four players come in as we look to add quality rather than quantity. Herve Elame joins from a former stomping ground of mine, Cameroon, he adds depth up front. Cherubin Tchibinda comes back home from over the boarder at Vita Club, he adds quality to midfield. We spent £230 on Kodjo Diallo from Togolese side Semassi, the young international defender slots in at CB this season. Last to come in was Bradley Locko, he came through in France, joined Lorient but joined Reims a season later, he played 27 times in Ligue 1 so has pedigree. 

2026/27 Season Review

Season 7 completed and another league and cup double. We lost just once all season which was disappointingly to Talangai again, they're becoming such a thorn in our side. Anyway, we scored 113 goals this season another record and conceded just 11, our lowest total which meant we broke the 100 goal difference. 

209ae5cc0398a1667345d35260da84e0.png

We beat Otoho, Kondzo, Talangai, Cheminots along the way to the final where we beat CARA Brazzaville to record our 3rd successive cup win. 

We got lucky against San Pedro to win the tie on away goals but lost heavily to Egyptian Ah-Ahly 6-2 to be knocked out of the Champions League. We beat Racing Club (of Niger) 8-1 on aggregate to reach the Confederation Cup group stage again. We won the first three games of the group against Kaiser Chiefs (twice) and Wydad Casablanca but then lost to Wydad, drew and lost with AFAD Djekanou to finish 3rd in the group. 

d96d6c9c5a4248413bf4ab0f384e59cc.png

The wantaway Matete broke his goalscoring record with 50 goals this season and I don't blame him for wanting to try his hand higher up; he's scored 147 goals in 3 seasons. Maluvunu (41) and Tueba (31) struck most of the remaining goals. Maluvunu and Tchibinda both made 24 assists with the latter getting them in less games. Tueba (22), Matete (15) and Louakima (10) all hitting double figures also. 

We made a small profit this season as we were rewarded again for our confederation cup group stage appearance. The average attendance is also on the rise but the average ticket price just over £1 we won't be cashing in too much in that aspect. 

11d5e2ab0067c71db0c23e3026af64f5.png

93df7e9347e555b62306fb1d0a8d074b.png

Summer 2027 Transfers 

9a38162954e388e7661ee670d6cf5767.png

Just two players join as we look to fine tune the squad and both are foreign players, so we are now up to six of the permitted 10 foreigners in the squad. First to join was Katlego Paeye, a good player that can't run quickly anywhere although both his pace and acceleration have increased since joining and going on quickness training. The other player to join is striker Mexes Kongnyuy, he's basically my Matete replacement before he's even left. 

Major Sale - Jan 2028

4347da4a25f17ed393a2273aacc5d194.png

We make our first major sale of the save with left full back Bradley Locko leaving for China for £100k plus 50% profit clause. He is immediately worth £1.4m so that clause could be fairly profitable sometime in the future. We're now weak at LB with just one player available so I will need to look at bringing a replacement in. 

2027/28 Season Review

A season of real improvement for the club on and off the field. 

A given was that we won the league, easily by 14 points; losing just once to CARA Brazzaville. What was impressive was the sheer amount of goals we scored 134 which far eclipsed our previous total of 113. We also only conceded 13 goals despite out attacking intent and being susceptible to the counter. 

0bc3fd74a4c79ce7cd4665393ad6a109.png

We also won the cup again, beating Tourbillon, Vita Club, Inter Club, JS Brazzaville and Aigles Sport to pick up a fourth successive title. 

Further improvement was made on the continent. We beat Saint George (Ehtiopia) and ES Sahel (Tunisia) to reach the group stages of the Champions League where we drew Raja Casablanca, TP Mazembe and Vita Club. We won 3, drew two and lost heavily once to finish top of the group and qualify for the knockout stages for the first time. 

0b3874d70c7b18060717bb9c93949404.png

We drew ASC Diaraf (Senegal) in the Quarter Finals and were lucky to progress after a 3-3 then 2-2 draw which meant we won on away goals. We drew Ivory Coast giants ASEC Mimosas in the semi finals and that's where our run came to an end, we lost heavily in the first leg 4-1 but did draw the away leg 0-0 to give us some sort of confidence. 

The wanted Matete was in imperious form, scoring a huge 58 goals this season in 44 games. Tueba managed nearly a goal a game 39 goals in 40 games whilst new signing Kongnyuy scored 37 goals in 23(3) games which was a fantastic return. The retrained Abou Camara (ST to MC) was the creative force in the side with 26 assists and also scored 16 goals, whilst Tchibinda managed 22 assists. Five more players managed double figures for assists.

Off the field the Champions League run returned us £1.2m in prize money which paid for the upgrades above. Sponsorship is on the increase too and gate receipts massively up as the average attendance more than doubled. 

c9aaa4fd239006b4f6d73d36ee6eaf25.png

e9ec3a03b476d4d15cc6dccbfe6abb33.png

Matete Gone - August 2028

caf73143293e2e8a77d95b2f0bf09a3e.png

Disappointing to lose such a good player but he's been moaning about wanting to leave for the last two seasons. He's got his move to the MLS as he chose Seattle over Toronto and immediately becomes worth £525k and signs a contract worth £8.25k p/w.

I hope that Kongnyuy can replace his goals as he did well enough last season. 

Transfers - Oct 2028

We were given £280k to spend on new players this season and just like previous seasons we spent very little. 

0f7811b34f9df7c7754d056e886fe29c.png

3c613a9fb802b2b6509399a8ea91e7f1.png

Four players incoming for a combined £675, I love transfers in Africa!!

In Diallo we have a new first choice GK, albeit a foreign one, decent home grown GK's are rarer than hens teeth. We squared off with Triangle Utd and did a pre-contract deal with Chideu, I'd been tracking him for a season or so, when the confirmation came through I clicked the buy now to see how much they wanted and it was £425, done. Mabanza was another I had in my shortlist as a Congolese national abroad, his contract ended with Mouscron without playing a game for them. Woubot was a panic buy of sorts as we needed another body up front to act as cover, he only has a contract with us until the end of the season. 

9 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

£425 for Chideu is ridiculous business!

I only wish that SI would have the resources to put a little more into Africa in their game, although I get that the comeback from it is minimal. The scope for bargain hunting is phenomenal!

Yeah it would be awesome even if they added a few more nations in like Nigeria, Morocco or Senegal. 

I love a good bargain. I need to keep finding players and moving them on to bring in the money for facilities improvements to help us become more self sufficient as intakes so far have been on the whole pretty poor. 

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Yeah it would be awesome even if they added a few more nations in like Nigeria, Morocco or Senegal. 

I love a good bargain. I need to keep finding players and moving them on to bring in the money for facilities improvements to help us become more self sufficient as intakes so far have been on the whole pretty poor. 

Sigames should definitely have more African Nations. Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana and Cameroon would be my choices.

Player Sale - Oct 2028

469d68ab678724533a7de1b31f5a88b7.png

Out goes my only right back, he demanded that he left and I didn't want an unhappy squad over this. We've struggled to recruit full backs in the save so far so I need to have a good scour of the leagues and find a replacement. This may force my hand in going to three at the back and move back to wingers also. 3-3-2-2 formation perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Sigames should definitely have more African Nations. Ivory Coast, Senegal, Ghana and Cameroon would be my choices.

From what I gather, I think these are all quite small and poor nations in reality. They only survive on the fact that their national team provides success through dual nationals or, in some cases, refugees. 

I believe the likes of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt are the ‘bigger’ leagues but would be happy to be proved wrong!

40 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Player Sale - Oct 2028

469d68ab678724533a7de1b31f5a88b7.png

Out goes my only right back, he demanded that he left and I didn't want an unhappy squad over this. We've struggled to recruit full backs in the save so far so I need to have a good scour of the leagues and find a replacement. This may force my hand in going to three at the back and move back to wingers also. 3-3-2-2 formation perhaps. 

With your domestic domination, can you move any wingers back and go a bit more gung-ho? Im not sure of your actual shape right now but that’d be my move…

17 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I believe the likes of Tunisia, Morocco and Egypt are the ‘bigger’ leagues but would be happy to be proved wrong!

Yeah North African clubs are bigger than most other nations. The last four African Champions League finals have been competed by clubs from those nations.

19 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

With your domestic domination, can you move any wingers back and go a bit more gung-ho? Im not sure of your actual shape right now but that’d be my move…

I would if I had some wingers :D I moved from 4-2-4 when my first choice LW left and now play 4-3-3 with three strikers. 

With Astres (on FM20) I played 2-4-2-2 (2 CBs, wingbacks, segundo volante, DLP, inside forwards and 2 strikers. I'd like to get to something along those lines again. After 17 league games (of 34) we had scored 121 goals and conceded just 1. We had scored 201 goals in the 34 league games the season prior. My Segundo Volante has scored 268 goals in 498 games :lol:

2028/29 Season Review

Domestically we're pretty dominant now but our chances could have been harmed by the sales of Matete, Guigma and Camara; all three players first choice in their respective positions. 

We still won the league comfortably but we drew twice and lost once, that loss coming against Talangai again. Despite the loss of Matete's goals we still managed to score 111 which was our 3rd highest scoring season so far, this was largely thanks to Mexes Kongnyuy who battered 45 league goals in 25 games. 

14c89d20fc8cb8cd6b75a0c6c233a703.png

In the Congolese Cup we beat TP Mystere, Kotoko de Mfoa, JS Brazzaville and Juenes Fauves to reach the final again. We beat AC Leopards, 3-1 to record another cup title, our fifth in a row. 

Geeska Afrika (Somalia) and Simba (Tanzania) were easily beaten in the qualifying rounds to reach the group stage again. We were drawn against ES Sahel, Raja Casablanca and Orlando Pirates. Four wins and two losses left us in top position and qualifying for the knockout stages again. We were drawn against ES Setif (Algeria) and were victorious 5-4 on aggregate. We were dealt with by TP Mazembe from our neighbouring nation in the semi finals, bowing out 5-3 on aggregate. 

Kongnyuy was the main man this season scoring an incredible 67 goals in 44 games and made 16 assists. He was supported by Tueba (45 goals/18 assists) and Mukanya (26 goals/19 assists). New bargain signing Chideu was the driving force in midfield with 29 assists and 12 goals as a deep lying playmaker. Carmel Mabanza had a good debut season with 17 assists and 7 goals as a central midfielder also. 

We made loads of money this season, largely through prize money which totalled £1.35m but also £618k through player sales including that clause sale earlier in the season. I will look to make further improvements to the facilities. 

a0228f00414a4e5e1c01a7027cd0bd94.png

f5bd511f0a2f53af6933bf40c7d00f70.png

Transfers - Sept 2029

We were short of numbers at full back and central midfield so I needed to bring in reinforcements. 

a34f1635d182c318d776a4f56e2f92ff.png

00ccfbdaf3c183348730f047093bc7f2.png

Seven players come in for a combined £225k. Ousmane Sane is a 20 year old CB and joins on a free from Senegalese side Dakar Sacre-Coeur. I finally signed a Congolese GK in Lionel Kongo, pretty apt name too, he joined on a free from Belgian side Deinze. Another freebie joined in Demounou Assadeck, he's the RB we desperately needed and joins from Malian academy side JMG Mali. We then spent our a record fee for Noumouke Yara, a AMC but will be retrained to a CM. Hopefully he will replace Camara's quality in midfield. 

As the new season ticked over we spent more money on a further three players. Luc Mbarga came in to add depth to both RB and CB from Cameroonian side Union Douala, he was effectively out of contract so we got him for the small fee. I then spent £85k on a Congolese player, Junior Ayouka from rivals CARA Brazzaville but he was loaned back to them as part of the deal. The last player to come in was Drissa Compaore from Burnikabe side CF Rahimo, another AMC that will need retraining to CM. 

One common factor for 6 of these 7 signings is that they are foreign, we now have just one space available of our 10 foreign player limit but we've added a lot of quality and potential. Lets see how these players all settle in. 

2029/30 Season Review

What a season; 26 games, 26 wins. It didn't feel like that though as some games felt a real struggle, maybe it was because Kongnyuy didn't scored 45 league goals this season just 25 in a much quieter season for him. However, we still managed to score 118 goals and concede just 11, we need to break that 10 or under mark. 

1b8284c394e7f4bd9a8dcbfe4b756731.png

Unsurprisingly we won the cup again, we're now something like 6 years unbeaten in that competition. We beat Otoho in the final 3-1, to finally get revenge on the two prior final defeats. 

We reached another Champions League semi-final but bowed out to ASEC Mimosas for a 2nd time in three seasons, we lost the first leg 3-0 which put the tie beyond us. Our continuous exploits in the ACL have seen the league coefficients rise and we're now up to 17th from 22nd in Africa. 

Despite the quieter season for Kongnyuy he still managed 38 goals but he was overshadowed by new signing Yara who took to this league with aplomb. He managed an incredible 44 assists from CM as a DLP with I think 36 of those coming in the league. He and Mbanza were a driving force in midfield and took some shine off the front three, the promoted Bissouma from the youth team had a great first season scoring over 20 goals this season. 

We made a small loss this season mainly due to the transfers in the summer prior, we made over £1m from prize money once again as that continues to be our main source of income. 

981a28c85b11757a57ca4b9e53af60b7.png

d3c1cc8f1d8c48d885801c61013dca5b.png

2030/31 Season Review 

A 2nd invincible season with 26 wins from 26 games. We were incredible both offensively and defensively as we scored 164 goals (6.83 goals/game) and conceded just 9 goals, achieving our target of under 10 from last season. We scored 10 of more on four occasions, against Saint Pierre, Cheminots, Tourbillon and Otoho. 

2d487799c663214248eabe938495251c.png

We were trash in the cup as CARA Brazzaville knocked us out in our first game of the competition in the 2nd Qualifying Round. 

We beat UD Songo (Mozambique) and ASC Diaraf (Senegal) comfortably in the qualifying for the Champions League. We were drawn against TP Mazembe, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca in the group stages as we won four, drew one and lost one to finish 2nd in the group. 

9c1d9da4db6cbae1e03379ed281f4a23.png

We faced DR Congo side Vita Club in the quarter finals and after losing the first leg 3-1 we triumphed 5-2 in the 2nd leg. We were drawn against Orlando Pirates in the semi-finals, we drew the first leg 1-1 to give us some hope. We found ourselves 2-0 up in the 2nd leg but fell apart in the 2nd half to lose 4-2. 

Kongnyuy was back to his best this season as he scored 58 goals in 34(3) games, he now has 200 goals in 148 games for the club. He was supported by Bifouma with 43 goals in 34 games and Tueba with 32 goals in 41 games. Last seasons assist king was a little quieter with 35 assists this season but also scored 16 goals. Bifouma also made 28 assists to go with his goals whilst Tueba, Compoare, Assadeck, Mabanza, Chideu, Kongnyuy and Mpondo all reached double figures for assists.

We made a small increase in the finances this season. £1.3m in prize money and £790k in gate receipts our main income. Our youth setup is now costing us £110k per month, £1.2m per season which is affordable as long as we continue to achieve CL semi-finals each season. 

7547970cf182afe3a16490c4e79043c4.png

566f2245df6a4983f232fb488c6c5fe2.png

3 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

2030/31 Season Review 

A 2nd invincible season with 26 wins from 26 games. We were incredible both offensively and defensively as we scored 164 goals (6.83 goals/game) and conceded just 9 goals, achieving our target of under 10 from last season. We scored 10 of more on four occasions, against Saint Pierre, Cheminots, Tourbillon and Otoho. 

2d487799c663214248eabe938495251c.png

We were trash in the cup as CARA Brazzaville knocked us out in our first game of the competition in the 2nd Qualifying Round. 

We beat UD Songo (Mozambique) and ASC Diaraf (Senegal) comfortably in the qualifying for the Champions League. We were drawn against TP Mazembe, ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca in the group stages as we won four, drew one and lost one to finish 2nd in the group. 

9c1d9da4db6cbae1e03379ed281f4a23.png

We faced DR Congo side Vita Club in the quarter finals and after losing the first leg 3-1 we triumphed 5-2 in the 2nd leg. We were drawn against Orlando Pirates in the semi-finals, we drew the first leg 1-1 to give us some hope. We found ourselves 2-0 up in the 2nd leg but fell apart in the 2nd half to lose 4-2. 

Kongnyuy was back to his best this season as he scored 58 goals in 34(3) games, he now has 200 goals in 148 games for the club. He was supported by Bifouma with 43 goals in 34 games and Tueba with 32 goals in 41 games. Last seasons assist king was a little quieter with 35 assists this season but also scored 16 goals. Bifouma also made 28 assists to go with his goals whilst Tueba, Compoare, Assadeck, Mabanza, Chideu, Kongnyuy and Mpondo all reached double figures for assists.

We made a small increase in the finances this season. £1.3m in prize money and £790k in gate receipts our main income. Our youth setup is now costing us £110k per month, £1.2m per season which is affordable as long as we continue to achieve CL semi-finals each season. 

7547970cf182afe3a16490c4e79043c4.png

566f2245df6a4983f232fb488c6c5fe2.png

Hi @ToMexico!! massive fan of your career thread on here. Just curious what document software are you using on the photo at the bottom of your latest post I just quoted where you put your season summary on there please?

20 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Hi @ToMexico!! massive fan of your career thread on here. Just curious what document software are you using on the photo at the bottom of your latest post I just quoted where you put your season summary on there please?

Thanks you!

I just use Google Sheets for the summary and the other tables. 

18 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Excellent effort! Just caught up with this. 

Have you loaded a bunch of African leagues to get the newgens coming through? 

Thank you kindly!

I only have Congo and DR Congo loaded but do have all players from top division clubs in Africa loaded. I also have England and France as view only, my aim was to pinch back players that came through in French teams that are either full Congolese or has it as a 2nd nationality. At the moment I've only been able to sign real players and there hasn't been many Congolese come through, I may add France as playable and see what happens. 

Interestingly though, TP Mazembe and Vita Club who are both from DR Congo have recently produced a couple of Congolese newgens that are half decent, one is already in the senior national side at 16 years old but they want £400k-£600k for him which I can't afford at the minute. 

First Choice XI - Nov 2031

Here's an update to the first choice XI, including a couple of recently signed players. 

• GK - Kevin Adams - Ghanaian signed in Jan 2030 on a free from Aduana, he ousted Kongo from the number one spot. 
  • RB (WBs) - Demounou Assadeck - attacking full back with an eye for goal, joined on a free from Acadamie JMG Mali in 2029. 
  • CB - Ousmane Sane - Senegalese defender signed on a free from Dakar Sacre-Coeur
  • CB - Luc Mbarga - Cameroonian defender signed for £14.75k from Union Douala
  • LB (WBs) - Jules Mpondo - another young Cameroonian, signed for £45k from Coton Sport
  • CM (DLP) - Lionel Sousia - will play CM but can play at CB, latest Cameroonian to join from Coton Sport for £150k, a new club record.
  • CM (Att) - Noumouke Yara - assist king Yara joined from Malian side Real Bamako for £110k in 2029. 
  • CM (Mez) - Drissa Compaore - Burkinabe midfielder signed from CF Rahimo for £50k. 
  • ST (AF) - Guy Bifouma - one of very few players to make it from Academy to first team 
  • ST (P) - Mexes Kongnyuy - like Matete before him, exceptional goal scoring record. Signed from Union Douala for £40k in 2027. 
  • ST (AF) - Randy Tueba - the old head, signed from French sided Orleans on a free in 2023. Currently injured. 

I'm pretty happy with the ability of the squad but concerned with lack on Congolese in the first team, whether through signings or our own intakes. The whole bench is made up from Congolese nationals.

We now have Exceptional Academy Coaching along with Average youth recruitment to go with Adequate training facilities and Below Average Youth Facilities. I need the academy to start justifying its monthly outlay of £110k. 

Player Sale - Feb 2032

a87539774e61f2c05dae77f1a0b45865.png

After plaguing us with a bid nearly everyday for central midfielder Mabanza, the board accepted £240k rising to £300k for centre back Luc Mbarga. There was no chance to protest this transfer, only resign, more annoyingly the board chose not to intervene when Vita Clubs last bid for Mabanza topped out at £400k. 

However, I don't mind selling a foreign player rather than a Congolese national like Mabanza is. 

1310a990b573607433af00453fb2c56d.png

I still have outstanding clauses for Locko and Matete which could be lucrative to us, however, they have not been available to sell since these players left. Locko is worth £2.9m whilst Matete is worth £4m.