Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo!

ToMexico!!

2034/35 Season Review

We're in such a dominant phase domestically, I didn't think the transfer merry-go-round would effect us. Well it went to plan as we smashed in another unbeaten season albeit 25 wins and 1 draw. We scored 147 goals which was actually our second highest goalscoring season, however we conceded 16 goals which was disappointing. 

3a278d17730c30212e375624b05c604b.png

We won the Congolese Cup once again, our 3rd successive win and our 10th overall. We beat Aigles Sport, Otoho, AS Police, RC Brazzaville and then CARA Brazaville in the final. 

It was in the continental competition I thought the transfer would cause a problem. We comfortably beat Racing Club (Niger) and Civics (Namibia) to reach the group stage where we would face Ah-Ahly (Egypt), Kaizer Chiefs and ASEC Mimosas, a tough group on paper. However, four wins, one draw and a loss saw us top the group and play Orlando Pirates in the quarter finals.

2c0a511b3040e5d0a5f592b915637afa.png

A routine 2-0 away win was surprising, we won 2-1 at home to progress with ease. Morocco's Wydad Casablanca were our semi-final opponents, we smashed them 4-0 at home and won 3-1 away from home to reach another final. We would play Sundowns who won the competition last in 2016 but had reached two finals since then. We found ourselves 2-0 up but a resurgent performance from Sundowns saw us taken to penalties where we missed three of our four taken spot kicks. A disappointing way to lose our 2nd final in a row. 

2660f9da0a1d2d62c1c8f3a0b15c6503.png

Mexes Kongnyuy continued his goalscoring heroics with 54 goals but also 21 assists in 44 games. On loan Biyoko (he was sold to Monaco but loaned back as part of the deal) scored 41 whilst new striker Sunzu who signed the back end of last season scored 38 and made 24 assists. Beyond those three just one other player, Armand Onana (CB) scored double figures with 10. Right back Assadack topped the assist charts with 25. 

We now have just short of £9m in the bank but I'm a little scared to make improvements to the facilities when the board could turn round and sell another 3 players. Do I just bite the bullet and spend? Income from prize money was slightly more as the domestic competitions paid more whilst player sales and clauses raked in over £5m for the first time. Gate receipts were also £1.3m an increase from £1m last season. We spent just short of £2m on new players to replace those sold whilst our youth setup has cost us £1.8m but we are yet to see it bare much fruit. 

501371341ed755026d403b87d9294b0b.png

916478b9f5c26025004174e91b519c99.png

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New Star Signing - Jan 2036

I've hopefully found my new Matete in Richard Amponsah, he's a defensive forward by nature which is a role I don't like to use so I will be retraining him as an advanced forward. 

I found him in Heart of Oaks U18 team and struck a deal immediately for him which was 18 months ago. Richard has cost me £150k rising to £180k. 

Clause Windfall - Jan 2036

6944b1c81e2204fc1a2f28b970afdf9d.png

Frederick moves from Monaco to Marseille for £38.5m and we receive £9.25m from the profit plus we will get another £2m in instalments. Berekum Chelsea, the club we signed him from receive £1.8m from us. 

94847b1cbe7022a0cca9350e69f56b68.png

We now have £16.5m in the bank and hopefully this really puts the end to the board selling our players. I will also look to make improvements to the facilities. 

2035/36 Season Review 

Blasted through another season as its quiet at work and its another league title. We were on course for another unbeaten season and had won 24 games in a row before we lost to CARA Brazzaville in game week 25. We had a fantastic goal scoring season ending with 156 scored including a 15-0 and 13-0 wins over relegated CESD. 

943191bc571fc2caa9468233c7f98928.png

We beat Inter Club de Dolise, Inter Club, CARA Brazzaville and Patronage en route to the final of the Congolese Cup where we beat Tourbillon 7-1 to lift another trophy. 

Horoya (Guinea) were thrashed 14-1 (on agg) and Petro de Luanda were beaten 8-3 to reach the group stages. We were drawn against TP Mazembe, Djoliba and ES Sahel and for the first time we won every single game of the group stages, including an 8-0 demolition of Djoliba. 

6e2a42650634bc4feeca3d2e0eafa91f.png

Angola's 1 de Agosto beat us 2-0 at theirs but we won 4-0 at home in the quarter finals. We would then face DR Congo's DC Motema Pembe, we won 2-1 at their place but went out on away goals, losing 3-2 at home. Interestingly, Motema went on to win the competition beating CARA Brazaville in the final. Ours and now CARA's consistency/longevity in the competition has seen the league rise up two more places to 9th in the rankings. 

Sunzu and Biyoko (who was back on loan from Monaco again) battled it out for the clubs top scorer crown and the former succeeded by one goal; Sunzu scoring 54 in 34(3) whilst Biyoko scored 53 in 34(5) games. Kongnyuy had a quieter season scoring 35 times but also assisting 20 times. January signing Amponsah scored 24 and made 23 assists in 23(2) games. Centreback Armand Onana scored 15 times mainly from the penalty spot. Both centre midfielders Sagna and Bonifacio made 27 assists apiece. 

We made a lot of money this season mainly through player sales and clauses £14.9m in total and prize money was just under £1.7m. The board were still accepting bids for a few players but I managed to talk them round. 

2f963fa5d03e46361f6243d30a93d519.png

688c22165187112b33c6958a53249233.png

Player Sale - Sept 2036

b933912b470267c95802d757b79f7dc0.png

Our best CB sold by the board for £1.5m rising to £1.9m. Ideally now I need to sign two first choice CBs. 

We also get another clause windfall, Rodrigue Effa transferred from Troyes to Club Brugge for £11.25m rising to £17.75m. We had a 50% profit clause which has netted us £5.25m at the moment. 

7823bfffa7bc1a84caad7774f48e1768.png

f30c259b3538cd25188fabf44908fed7.png

Transfers - Oct 2036

6a8f676a29cafd38a3682f38d062e0b6.png

96a3f8e8d804d684171dfbb4e317e3ce.png

5 players in this summer, the top three are all back-up/prospects that will add depth to the squad whilst the latter two are first teamers. Razak Afful is predominantly a defensive midfielder but will operate as a centre back for me, signed from Ghanaian side Hearts of Oak for his release clause of £205k. He will be partnered by Alain Kouakou, the Ivorian was signed from AS Tanda in his native country for £350k, his team work, work rate and determination will hopefully see him improve further. 

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@ToMexico!! Great progress with your team on and off the pitch. You are starting to make the club some serious money.

Do you always have the players there to replace the ones you lose or is there a lack of quality Congo players to sign ?

Thank you! Yeah but the board are rejecting facility upgrades every time I ask and won't compromise. 

There's a distinct lack of quality Congolese players who I can attract to the club at the moment, our academy is producing one or two decent players who I have been promoting to the first team. I've been scouring France and adding every player that has Congolese nationality to a shortlist and trying to sign them when I can. 

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

Thank you! Yeah but the board are rejecting facility upgrades every time I ask and won't compromise. 

There's a distinct lack of quality Congolese players who I can attract to the club at the moment, our academy is producing one or two decent players who I have been promoting to the first team. I've been scouring France and adding every player that has Congolese nationality to a shortlist and trying to sign them when I can. 

Yeah I have done the same with my Ivory Coast save.

Keep up the good work buddy as I really enjoy your career in Congo.

2036/37 Season Review

Another invincible season with 24 wins and two draws, we finished 18 points clear of 2nd placed Saint-Michel. We also had our best goal scoring season beating our previous record by one goal, scoring 166 goals. We also had a better season defensively, conceding just 7 goals. 

7f964bac8d82b76eed129de50d90ea0f.png

Tourbillon, CARA Brazzaville, Inter Club and TP Mystere were defeated on route to the Congolese Cup final where we defeated RC Brazzaville to make it a domestic double. 

Enugu Rangers (Nigeria) and Gor Mahia (Kenya) were beaten comfortably to reach the group stages. We were drawn with Sundowns, Petro de Luanda and Motema Pembe, we won five and lost once to top the group. 

6a3d5702f536edaed2ea7402d7806b22.png

We faced Vita Club in the quarter finals and defeated them 8-2 on aggregate to play Orlando Pirates in the semi finals. A comfortable 3-0 away win followed by a 3-1 home win saw us to another final. We would face fellow group qualifiers Sundowns in the final, which would turn out to be my 700th game in charge. It was 3rd time lucky as we went on to win 2-0 and claim our first Champions League title and make it our first treble of the save. 

301276e261ecb7980fb713dfc309feed.png

Richard Amponsah finished top scorer with 55 goals, he was supported by Sunzu with 41 goals and Kongnyuy with 38. Congolese nationals Bitumba and Kailu-Makouta both finished with double figures for goals. Sunzu made the most assists with 24 whilst right back Assadeck made 23. Amponsah, Kongnyuy and Bonifacio also made over 20 assists. 

£13m came in from transfers and clauses, prize money was at £2.5m and gate receipts £1.3m whilst spending was £1.7m for both the youth setup and transfers as we made £8m in profit this season. 

aea1eca927f868edf3a28b39d5f0c353.png

15b54c4290d215d99bf4bf1d5e54e781.png

Poached Player Returns - July 2037

Lionel who was poached from us back in 2029 has returned to Congo after his contract expired in Belgium with Oud-Heverlee Leuven. He made just 16 appearances for OHL in his 6 seasons. He will act as back up in central defence but get plenty of game time this season. 

b2e81a46da83e270c1d7fac4498c18d0.png

5 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Finally got the CL medal! Amponsah is the truth, wow - what a star. 

Yeah its taken a little while longer than I probably thought but we need to win it consistently now. 

Amponsah is developing nicely, scoring plenty of goals and attracting interest but so far I've managed to keep him at the club. A host of MLS, French clubs and Newcastle all currently want him. 

2 minutes ago, abulezz said:

Newcastle showing interest - straight to the PL/Championship (I assume) is a big step. 

They're a top flight team at the moment but have become a bit yo-yo ish in the save. Much like real life I guess. 

Just now, ToMexico!! said:

Upgrades - Sept 2037

Finally the board agree to improve both the training and youth facilities. 

11c8b5a10c3693391b6a2e8f1f204903.pnga1574fc4953b5b7da59c1b063d1cef82.png

Although I think the completion dates are a smidge wrong on the screenshots

I have the same exact problem in my save! 

On 12/02/2021 at 08:44, ToMexico!! said:

Poached - May 2027

14ffff890e15bb1cb97ccf83a8060afc.png

This is huge, PSG poaching a player of ours at this stage of the save. 2* Gold Potential must mean he is pretty good. A tracker is needed!!

6b8a9378a9a7f97edded51a13a71e1e7.png

I'll improve the tracker once we have more info on the player. 

2 gold star potential is 131-140 PA, I believe!

11 hours ago, rodesire said:

2 gold star potential is 131-140 PA, I believe!

I don't think he has reach anywhere near that potential, trouble with going to a team like PSG. He's plying his trade for Minnesota at the moment, I can afford to bring him home transfer wise but he wants far too much in wages unfortunately. 

2037/38 Season Review 

A little more trim this year as its getting a little repetitive. 

League - our 17th league title but not an invincible one as Saint-Michel beat us 1-0. We did however have our best scoring season to date with 181 goals scored and just 6 conceded. 

Congolese Cup - a routine win over Talangai gives us our 12th win of the save. 

Champions League - Six wins from six in the group, Petro du Luanda beaten 11-0 (on aggregate), Motema Pembe (4-3) in the semis and Ah-Ahly beaten 3-1 in the final. 2 in a row. 

62 goals for top scoring Sunzu who was ably backed up by Amponsah and Kongnyuy who both scored 50 goals apiece. Bienvenu Ndoy notched the most assists with 35, right back Assadeck managed 24 assists but also scored 21 goals. 

A little dip in the finances as the expenditure outweighed the income. The youth setup now costing us £2.2m per season bonuses cost us nearly £2m whereas wages were just over £1.2m. 

51eaac470777b760e9b00827c578bd22.png

On 04/03/2021 at 12:37, ToMexico!! said:

Opening Day - Oct 2037

7cf10cbb9a297076b98db00e249d35fb.png

We equal our biggest ever league win with the 15-0 hammering of Talangai but in amongst those goals my RB has scored a double hat-trick :lol:

Deja Vu - Oct 2038

b000e97d065b98fa821b5e51aa2c78f3.png

Transfers - Oct 2038

Just 3 players join for the first team squad as I look to promote more youngsters into the first team. 

89d662f6905ffedb13e70a9833738e95.png

Mignon Yoka was poached from us back June 2033 by Auxerre and at the time I didn't think much of him. He's progressed nicely since then and was willing to come home. £300k rising to £400k is a good deal for a player who can play either CB or RB. Landry Kouakou is another defender and another with decent potential, will be primarily used at CB along side his compatriot Alain Kouakou (no relation). Cedric Ferdinand was last to come in and a little bit of a panic buy as we needed another striker for depth, will come in a do a job for sure. 

Congolese Youth - November 2038

We're at a point in the save now where the youth intakes have started to produce decent enough players to use in the first team. We've also brought in some Congolese players from other teams in the country and brought home some poached players too. Lets take a look at them and who's on the production line. 

First Team

• Yannick Mata - signed from Saint-Michel for £60k, he's really starting to flourish at LB (wb/a). I need to work on his delivery once he's done all he can with quickness training. 
  • Chancel Kailu-Makouta - late comer into the first team but done well despite apparent lack of technical ability, can pass a ball though and physically decent. 
  • Guy Makengo-Mafoua - just promoted from reserves to first team, not played for us yet but has 5 senior national caps. 
  • Junior Bomassi - signed from Vita Club (DR Congo) for £550k five seasons ago. A steady player at LB but not kicked on, I will probably look to sell him. 
  • Christ Ayina-Kalouka - signed from Tourbillon for free six seasons ago. He attributes suggest he's better than his 2* CA. Decent option in midfield. 
  • Michael Bitumba - a sparingly used striker with a decent goal record, came through in the 2032 youth intake. 
  • Mignon Yoka - just brought back home from France for £300k, will eventually become first choice CB. 
  • Bienvenu Bagoudila - came through the 2037 intake, my DoF deemed him not good enough to sign but I did it anyway and now he's possibly 2nd choice at LB behind Mata. 
  • Lionel Themopole-Mountaro - another poached player brought home, not as good as Yoka but decent enough back up for domestic games. 
  • Bienvenu Ndoy - another winger plying his trade in CM, signed from Otoho he's my roaming playmaker and last season suggested he's quite good at it.

Reserves

• Michel Mukoko - an either footed CB, get his passing up and he could become a BPD. Currently out on loan in DR Congo.
  • Raphael Kimbembe-Ganga - another full back, he's out on loan in DR Congo too.
  • Raphael Kailu-Makouta - centre back out on loan in DR Congo, at the same club as Mukoko. No relation to Chancel in the first team unfortunately. 

U21s

• Prince Makouana-Amouzad - an either footed winger being retrained at CM, if I can get his physicals up he will be a decent option. 
  • Prince Kimbembe - another Prince, another winger, another being trained at CM. 
  • Enoch M'Passi-Mafoumbi - younger striker who came through last seasons intake, working on his aerial ability at the moment. 

Major Sale - Feb 2039

ba0e83753609b3b9b1f9398cc88fdd30.png

Frederick Sunzu

Ridiculous! Jiangsu just kept bidding and bidding and bidding. I didn't need to sell him at all but he was becoming increasingly frustrated at not getting a move to China. We don't get a sell on because the bid was non-negotiable. From experience in the save we received one option to sell a clause from four player sales to China. I don't see him moving from China to anywhere due to his current ability and £50k p/w wages. 

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Major Sale - Feb 2039

ba0e83753609b3b9b1f9398cc88fdd30.png

Frederick Sunzu

Ridiculous! Jiangsu just kept bidding and bidding and bidding. I didn't need to sell him at all but he was becoming increasingly frustrated at not getting a move to China. We don't get a sell on because the bid was non-negotiable. From experience in the save we received one option to sell a clause from four player sales to China. I don't see him moving from China to anywhere due to his current ability and £50k p/w wages. 

Wow what a great transfer for you. 

So does it not make sense to add % profit on any deals selling players to Chinese clubs then ?

I am asking cos of my Ivory Coast save. 

Would it make sense to just ask for more money then adding a clause.

I think ToMexico!'s point is that no-one is going to spend more than £19m on that guy, and only a Chinese team would ever spend that much in the first place.

So asking for % of Profit is pointless. Asking for % of Next Sale is better, but you're still probably better off negotiating for a higher fee up front, because (again) how many teams are going to want to pay more than £50k p/w on that guy, i.e. how likely is it he'll be sold on.

Personally, if I'm selling to China, I'll only include % of Next Sale if it's for a young player not being sold for a huge fee, who I think will turn into someone a European club might pay £10m+ for

26 minutes ago, turnip said:

I think ToMexico!'s point is that no-one is going to spend more than £19m on that guy, and only a Chinese team would ever spend that much in the first place.

So asking for % of Profit is pointless. Asking for % of Next Sale is better, but you're still probably better off negotiating for a higher fee up front, because (again) how many teams are going to want to pay more than £50k p/w on that guy, i.e. how likely is it he'll be sold on.

Personally, if I'm selling to China, I'll only include % of Next Sale if it's for a young player not being sold for a huge fee, who I think will turn into someone a European club might pay £10m+ for

Yeah good point. I assumed that is what ToMexico was saying.

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Wow what a great transfer for you. 

So does it not make sense to add % profit on any deals selling players to Chinese clubs then ?

I am asking cos of my Ivory Coast save. 

Would it make sense to just ask for more money then adding a clause.

3 hours ago, turnip said:

Exactly, they shouldn't have paid £19m in the first place for him, he's not worth it but like someone said earlier in the thread, banging in 227 goals in 192 games will make most clubs think he is better than his attributes suggest and then make them more willing to pay over the odds. He was wanted and being bid for by Beijing too which pushed the price up further. 

I didn't get the option to add a % clause as the offer was non-negotiable but like turnip said, no one is going to pay £19m+ for him, maybe a minimal amount more where the profit would be minimal in itself. Maybe if I had sold him for £2m I would have insisted on a sell on clause because the chances are greater for a profit to be made. 

To be honest, I feel like the transfer has ruined the save a little, I would have rather the board intervened at £5m and sold him against my wishes. We wouldn't then be flush with cash and absolutely no inclination to now sell anyone and reinvest in new players.  

25 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Exactly, they shouldn't have paid £19m in the first place for him, he's not worth it but like someone said earlier in the thread, banging in 227 goals in 192 games will make most clubs think he is better than his attributes suggest and then make them more willing to pay over the odds. He was wanted and being bid for by Beijing too which pushed the price up further. 

I didn't get the option to add a % clause as the offer was non-negotiable but like turnip said, no one is going to pay £19m+ for him, maybe a minimal amount more where the profit would be minimal in itself. Maybe if I had sold him for £2m I would have insisted on a sell on clause because the chances are greater for a profit to be made. 

To be honest, I feel like the transfer has ruined the save a little, I would have rather the board intervened at £5m and sold him against my wishes. We wouldn't then be flush with cash and absolutely no inclination to now sell anyone and reinvest in new players.  

Best way to fix that is buy the worst player of all of your rivals for a few million each and then your squad will be worse then before and your money will be back to normal.

Also it helps spread the money around the country and makes the other teams stronger.

Just caught up with this thread and will have a proper read of all of it shortly. But I enjoy African saves. I won the CL with a team in Rwanda and Lesotho using only my youth prospects. The one in Lesotho particularly revived my interest in FM after a bit of an absence with the game.

On 06/03/2021 at 00:59, ToMexico!! said:

Congolese Youth - November 2038

We're at a point in the save now where the youth intakes have started to produce decent enough players to use in the first team. We've also brought in some Congolese players from other teams in the country and brought home some poached players too. Lets take a look at them and who's on the production line. 

First Team

• Yannick Mata - signed from Saint-Michel for £60k, he's really starting to flourish at LB (wb/a). I need to work on his delivery once he's done all he can with quickness training. 
  • Chancel Kailu-Makouta - late comer into the first team but done well despite apparent lack of technical ability, can pass a ball though and physically decent. 
  • Guy Makengo-Mafoua - just promoted from reserves to first team, not played for us yet but has 5 senior national caps. 
  • Junior Bomassi - signed from Vita Club (DR Congo) for £550k five seasons ago. A steady player at LB but not kicked on, I will probably look to sell him. 
  • Christ Ayina-Kalouka - signed from Tourbillon for free six seasons ago. He attributes suggest he's better than his 2* CA. Decent option in midfield. 
  • Michael Bitumba - a sparingly used striker with a decent goal record, came through in the 2032 youth intake. 
  • Mignon Yoka - just brought back home from France for £300k, will eventually become first choice CB. 
  • Bienvenu Bagoudila - came through the 2037 intake, my DoF deemed him not good enough to sign but I did it anyway and now he's possibly 2nd choice at LB behind Mata. 
  • Lionel Themopole-Mountaro - another poached player brought home, not as good as Yoka but decent enough back up for domestic games. 
  • Bienvenu Ndoy - another winger plying his trade in CM, signed from Otoho he's my roaming playmaker and last season suggested he's quite good at it.

Reserves

• Michel Mukoko - an either footed CB, get his passing up and he could become a BPD. Currently out on loan in DR Congo.
  • Raphael Kimbembe-Ganga - another full back, he's out on loan in DR Congo too.
  • Raphael Kailu-Makouta - centre back out on loan in DR Congo, at the same club as Mukoko. No relation to Chancel in the first team unfortunately. 

U21s

• Prince Makouana-Amouzad - an either footed winger being retrained at CM, if I can get his physicals up he will be a decent option. 
  • Prince Kimbembe - another Prince, another winger, another being trained at CM. 
  • Enoch M'Passi-Mafoumbi - younger striker who came through last seasons intake, working on his aerial ability at the moment. 

Judging from this, you have better talent than what I had in my 2 African saves ;) 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Best way to fix that is buy the worst player of all of your rivals for a few million each and then your squad will be worse then before and your money will be back to normal.

Also it helps spread the money around the country and makes the other teams stronger.

Probably the easiest way, I don't mind buying players that would improve my squad for more than what I would normally pay for them. 

1 hour ago, Marazola said:

Just caught up with this thread and will have a proper read of all of it shortly. But I enjoy African saves. I won the CL with a team in Rwanda and Lesotho using only my youth prospects. The one in Lesotho particularly revived my interest in FM after a bit of an absence with the game.

Thanks, glad to have you on board. Great achievement with teams from those countries, must have taken a fair few seasons. 

1 hour ago, Marazola said:

Judging from this, you have better talent than what I had in my 2 African saves ;) 

Things are picking up for sure, intakes are improving but we've not had an stand out player for a few seasons now. Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment are maxed out. We need a little luck I think to get a star player from the off. 

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

Thanks, glad to have you on board. Great achievement with teams from those countries, must have taken a fair few seasons. 

Took me 100 years in Lesotho. We also played in the CWC final against Juve, and lost only 1-0. However, I could have done it way earlier, lost about 11 finals in a row before finally winning on my 12th attempt :lol:

In Rwanda I was able to cut the gap to only 40 years. So I had learned from my mistakes.

2038/39 Season Review

League - another title as expected and back to undefeated with 25 wins and 1 draw. 156 goals scored in the process but just 5 goals conceded which is fantastic, I'm not sure I can get much lower than that. 

Congolese Cup - a 7th successive win although I wasn't sure I was going to get there when we had to play youth and reserves against Aigles when most of our team were away on international duty and there was no chance to postpone the game. 

Champions League - Three in a row now as we defeated Orlando Pirates 4-0 in the final. We topped our group with 4 wins and 2 losses then beat Pyramids and ES Setif in the KO rounds. 

Richard Amponsah top scored last season with 52 goals and Ndoy made the most assists with 26. 

Finances leapt due to the Sunzu sale but I also sold Bomassi to HB China Fortune for £600k and club legend Mexes Kongnyuy to Al-Wehda for £325k. Kongnyuy scored 560 goals in 477 appearances and also made 185 assists for us. 

8446fd5e975b59f29b815f01b83a80c6.png

12 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I realize I sounded like a reporter when I asked that question, lol

still better question than SI press conference

Edited by rodesire