Um Bongo, Um Bongo, they drink it in the Congo!

ToMexico!!

20 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

Now that you've won the CL three times running what are your goals now?  Win the Club World Championship?  Take on the National Team and win the World Cup?

The aim is to keep going; can we score 200 league goals? can we go full season without conceding? Just to compete in CWC would be nice. 

20 minutes ago, iamnobody said:

I realize I sounded like a reporter when I asked that question, lol

7 minutes ago, rodesire said:

still better question than SI press conference

Press Conferences? what are those?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Well done on your continual success @ToMexico!! I look forward to seeing how you doing in the CWC and maybe see if you do take on the National Team job.

Thank you! the CWC isn't until 2041 so a little way off yet, that's if I even qualify, I see CARA Brazzaville played in the last one, although I think they won the Confederation Cup so qualified that way. 

In terms of national team, I myself are not prepared to take the role but I am more interested in developing the players for it. We've done a lot of work already on trying to improve the national side but the results have not improved though. We're probably a little weak in midfield and goal as a starting XI. 

2039/40 Transfers

Five players join, all of which take up foreign player spots. 

3df54272b6b893c6c1e4d4d39423c237.png

f0dcc6652c2356fcc606f323bd942e85.png

Mpumelelo Cardoso was a un-scouted punt which for free is a good deal, I've sent him back to South Africa on loan. Thierry Bande is my Sunzu replacement, he cost half a million and primarily a right winger but he is young and will improve at ST. I then signed another square peg to fit in a round hole as Mawule joined from Hearts of Oak to act as another striker even though he's probably more suited to dropping back to CM. I then did it again, Diakite signed from ASEC for another £500k to play CM even though he is a winger by trade. Sene was another Matete type transfer, found in the national side at 16 with no club and having never played for one, he signed and joined on trial until he turned 18. His development has been remarkable so far. 

Big Sale - Feb 2040

10d3ab45a6403b0dbacd58538db79faa.png

29 year old club stalwart Demounou Assadeck leaves for China for an initial £4.5m. Despite being a threat down the right hand side, his ability was beginning to decline so I decided to cash in when the bids eventually totalled over £5m. We do pass on £600k to his former club Academie JMG Mali. 

52cbe4647a000e619d552391f7260915.png

2039/40 Season Review 

League - 178 goals for and five against this season, our 2nd best scoring season and equal best for conceding. We also won all 26 games which we last did in 2032/33. 

Congolese Cup - another win as we beat CARA Brazzaville in the final.

Champions League - after three successive wins we couldn't defend our crown as we reached the final but lost to TP Mazembe.

Thierry Bande was signed in the summer as our Sunzu replacement and he duly delivered with 66 goals in 47 games and also notched 27 assists. Amponsah (50) and another new signing Mawule (46) were in support. A third new signing Diakite was the most creative player with 28 assists and also broke the average rating record with 8.48 in 32 appearances. 

We sold a couple of players for a combined £5.5m plus clauses which helped the financial loss keep low at around a £2.3m reduction. Our youth setup is now costing us £200k per month. 

197d2d3b84d4e13ad3e8f1eecc23eee8.png

6dc86d4b646175140445f9b0e69d0e5c.png

Stolen Staff - Aug 2040

This is not something I've looked at or thought about posting because of the lack of movement on this front. We had a couple of coaches move on to 2nd tier clubs as managers but they have since retired. It wasn't until I added the French league system that more movement started to happen. 

f3fbe693a3fa96fc79f26f4dcb864358.png

Richy Koto | Fred Douniama | Mapumba Katomba | Gildas Tshiboko

Losing Gildas was a blow, he joined me in 2026 as a fresh faced young 20-something year old with just a National C license to his name. 

Transfers - Oct 2040

Just one player came in this summer. 

54c4d5162cf14df922c48e706ac63395.png

A deal agreed over 18 months ago when Niava was just 16, we had to wait until he turned 18 before signing. He's another talented young striker who scored 4 times on his league debut. 

26 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@ToMexico!!How are you getting your strikers to score so much. Is there a tactic you are using or is just cos the African leagues are high scoring ?

Combination of an attacking tactic with 3 strikers, poor opposition and the quality of my strikers. 

I had it last year with Astres, I went all out attacking, 2 defenders and a Segundo Volante who was scoring 20 goals a season. Not to mention my top striker notching over 70 goals on occasion. 

1 minute ago, ToMexico!! said:

Combination of an attacking tactic with 3 strikers, poor opposition and the quality of my strikers. 

I had it last year with Astres, I went all out attacking, 2 defenders and a Segundo Volante who was scoring 20 goals a season. Not to mention my top striker notching over 70 goals on occasion. 

Is it possible to inbox me the tactic you use if you don't have a problem with that as the tactic I use is pretty good but my strikers don't score as many as yours do and for the sake of selling my best prospects I would need them to score as many goals as possible.

If you aint cool with sharing your tactics then that is fine as I understand.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is it possible to inbox me the tactic you use if you don't have a problem with that as the tactic I use is pretty good but my strikers don't score as many as yours do and for the sake of selling my best prospects I would need them to score as many goals as possible.

If you aint cool with sharing your tactics then that is fine as I understand.

fb1a19f3c818ebbdf572b478c7c88d33.png

It isn't much but it works, basically I try and narrow the play, then exploit space wide with full backs who are overlapping and overload the box with 3 strikers, the mezzala and BBM. Lower tempo means we don't tend to get too tired as a team despite all the attacking we do. 

Remember though at the minute, we have at CB at RB, essentially a winger at RPM and MEZ and a AMC in the Poacher position. So could world better with players more natural to that role. 

2 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

fb1a19f3c818ebbdf572b478c7c88d33.png

It isn't much but it works, basically I try and narrow the play, then exploit space wide with full backs who are overlapping and overload the box with 3 strikers, the mezzala and BBM. Lower tempo means we don't tend to get too tired as a team despite all the attacking we do. 

Remember though at the minute, we have at CB at RB, essentially a winger at RPM and MEZ and a AMC in the Poacher position. So could world better with players more natural to that role. 

Cheers mate I will let you know how I get on with this tactic. 

African Cup of Nations 2041

This is the first time making an update for this competition and that's because...

dc01ef1456e371c0936f009285da3953.png

We as a team have made a real stamp on the national side. Lets take a look; 

First XI

9ec9de6f6c3b0e2073bf227785d0d7c1.png

Makengo-Mafoua (our reserve GK), Mignon Yoka (first-choice CB) and Bienvenu Ndoy (first-choice CM) from our team. Ndombele (poached by PSG), Ngassaki (sold to TP Mazembe), Bikindou-Namputu (sold to Beijing), Kimbembe (left us for TP Mazembe) and Kailu-Makouta (left us for Huanghai). 

Subs

0962f133ee478821e52f251cc65e8207.png

Mata (first-choice LB), Mukoko (back up CB) and Ayina-Kalouka (back up CM) from our squad. Makiangi, Alain Mata, Kombo, Louamba and Biyoko were one players of ours. 

Congo were drawn with Ivory Coast, Gabon and DR Congo in the group stages. 

5605bdeb8d412a5fec6ede2472bce98b.png

A 5-0 win over Guinea in the 2nd Round, 3-0 over Mali in the Quarters and overcoming Tunisia on penalties after a 4-4 draw in the semis saw them set up a final encounter against Senegal. 

In a tight game where Kimbembe missed two penalties in the same minute and Ndoy had one chalked off, Congo prevailed as 1-0 winners thanks for former player Kailu-Makouta scoring the single goal for Congo to win their first African Cup of Nations title since 1972. 

a051fd30210079ba68e8ed4590c394b7.png

2040/41 Season Review

League - another title to add to the collection as we win it with 5 games to go. We made it another invincible season with 26 wins from 26 games, scoring 178 goals and conceding just 5 once again. 

Congolese Cup - another cup win and this one without conceding a goal. We beat Tourbillon 3-0 in the final. 

Champions League - back to winning ways as we beat Ah-Ahly 4-0 in the final. We topped our group of ASEC Mimosas, Pyramids and MC Alger. We defeated last seasons winners TP Mazembe in the Quarters and Sundowns in the Semis. 

New signing Niava Hermann Bamba wasn't planned to play so much but a injury disrupted start to the season for Amponsah saw him get plenty of chances and keep his place. He scored 68 goals in 43(2) appearances, 58 of those in the league, which is now the record. Thierry Bande banged in 59 goals in 44 games and Amponsah and Mawule both scored 27 apiece. Diakite made 34 assists this season whilst Amponsah and Kouakou both made 21. 

We made around £1m in profit this season with most of the income coming from prize money and £4m from a Sunzu clause for apperances. 

4c9870a962d24c14124f140d4ec7b8ab.png

71453f38116c137d2126dcf627dd41d7.png

9 minutes ago, obasa_G said:

Congratulations in getting the treble@ToMexico!! Please, I have a question. How many leagues to you have loaded and what's the player count of your save?

Thank you!!

I have Congo, DR Congo and France loaded as playable and England loaded as view-only. Player count is 38000. 

I'm going to add Belgium as playable now as they are throwing up some Congolese nationals. 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

What an excellent thread! Great job and I love some of the players that have come through.

What is your eventual goal now, is it to make more money than all the other African clubs put together :D 

There's still a few domestic targets to set, can we reach 200 league goals in 26 games? can we go the whole season without conceding? Can I get a player to score 100 goals in a season would be a good one.

Also our intakes have been rather poor since the save started, I've maxed out JC and YR so I would like to work on that a bit more. 

£100m can the next financial target ;)

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I wonder if it is possible to get the Congo league up in the top 10 leagues of the world.

It would definitely be a great achievement if possible but I supposed you are very limited how far you can go compared to a European league.

I guess it would be possible eventually, I think if I remember rightly we're currently 6th in Africa. I will need to take a look and see where that ranks in the world. I'm guessing around the 75-80 mark. 

7 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I guess it would be possible eventually, I think if I remember rightly we're currently 6th in Africa. I will need to take a look and see where that ranks in the world. I'm guessing around the 75-80 mark. 

Yeah that is true. I can't imagine the top league in Africa gets much of a good tv deal to bring in good money like the best leagues in Europe.

3 minutes ago, abulezz said:

At this point, your strike force looks like its capable of getting you European Champions League football!

They are pretty good aren't they, problem with scoring so many goals is the interest in them. We've unfortunately had to sell one of them already, which I will update later tonight after work. 

Transfers Out - September 2041

We've sold three players this summer, each an integral part of their area. First to go was Thierry Bande, after two seasons and 125 goals for us he was wanted by plenty of teams, I sold him to Al-Ittihad for £4.5m rising to £6.5m with a 50% profit clause. My thinking is that he will do well in Saudi Arabia and be wanted by European clubs and that's where the profit clause will kick in. I then sold our best defender Landry Kouakou to Belgian side Genk for £6.25m rising to £8m plus that 50% profit clause. Again, he could then move from Belgium to Germany/France or England. 

Lastly I sold Joseph Diakite to Benfica for a whopping £21m rising to £25.5m but with a 50% sell on clause, not profit. He has been an integral part of my midfield three despite being a winger by trade. 

Whilst this unquestionably depletes us in those areas I have a few ready made replacements who have stepped in. All three were part of the foreign contingent so that gives me chance to re-supply from the foreign market again. 

Spoiler

752c56ea0c29d5e4828abee678cab318.png

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

Transfers Out - September 2041

We've sold three players this summer, each an integral part of their area. First to go was Thierry Bande, after two seasons and 125 goals for us he was wanted by plenty of teams, I sold him to Al-Ittihad for £4.5m rising to £6.5m with a 50% profit clause. My thinking is that he will do well in Saudi Arabia and be wanted by European clubs and that's where the profit clause will kick in. I then sold our best defender Landry Kouakou to Belgian side Genk for £6.25m rising to £8m plus that 50% profit clause. Again, he could then move from Belgium to Germany/France or England. 

Lastly I sold Joseph Diakite to Benfica for a whopping £21m rising to £25.5m but with a 50% sell on clause, not profit. He has been an integral part of my midfield three despite being a winger by trade. 

Whilst this unquestionably depletes us in those areas I have a few ready made replacements who have stepped in. All three were part of the foreign contingent so that gives me chance to re-supply from the foreign market again. 

Hide contents

752c56ea0c29d5e4828abee678cab318.png

Wow some great transfer business there buddy. 

I like how you keep selling players but you keep succeeding.

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Wow some great transfer business there buddy. 

I like how you keep selling players but you keep succeeding.

Thanks! I've since turned down £22m from Lille for my other first choice CB. Its all about being ahead of the sales for me, I had a replacement ready for each position, so I now need to buy a player to replace them. I've already agreed deals for two young CBs from ASEC Mimosas which sign when they are 18. I need to look and find a new U18 CM and ST to replace the others who have left. 

Transfers IN - October 2041

156fec45647fc306becd1ad17fb265aa.png

Just 2 players in both central midfielders. Landry Makouana-Nkouma adds some quantity over quality but its another Congolese national that is brought home. David Anaba-Acquah is my short term Diakite replacement, I don't see him staying long term as I'm sure I can find a better player. 

Ayoub Juma and Henri Arnaud are the two Ivorians I've agreed to buy, I'm rather excited about Juma. His signing could see me change to a back three as he is comfortable at Libero. 

Edited by ToMexico!!

Silly Season - Feb 2042

c970d141096789c1a0f4ed61daecd6a6.png

I've rejected it because he Congolese and my first choice LB but its a ludicrous bid for an average player. We could have helped Saint-Michel too as they would have been rewarded with £7.5m from the sale. 

Silly Season - Feb 2042

I've rejected it because he Congolese and my first choice LB but its a ludicrous bid for an average player. We could have helped Saint-Michel too as they would have been rewarded with £7.5m from the sale. 

It is a good sign that the Congo league is being taken more seriously if teams are you offering you all this money for your players. 

How high up the league rankings in Africa and in the World is the Congo league if you don't mind telling me.

Silly Season - Feb 2042

d904b2eee291527be364223eab02da69.png

Yannick Mata

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

It is a good sign that the Congo league is being taken more seriously if teams are you offering you all this money for your players. 

How high up the league rankings in Africa and in the World is the Congo league if you don't mind telling me.

Yeah but its just plain stupid from the AI Chinese clubs, they can spend a tenth of that sum on a better player from South America or alike. 

We as a club are ranked 4th in Africa, behind ES Tunis, Ah-Ahly and Orlando Pirates but we all have continental rep. The Congolese MTN League is ranked 6th in Africa with 2.5 stars. 

Just now, ToMexico!! said:

Yeah but its just plain stupid from the AI Chinese clubs, they can spend a tenth of that sum on a better player from South America or alike. 

We as a club are ranked 4th in Africa, behind ES Tunis, Ah-Ahly and Orlando Pirates but we all have continental rep. The Congolese MTN League is ranked 6th in Africa with 2.5 stars. 

That is pretty good. I wonder if you could get it to be the best league in Africa and try get the league to be the top 10 league in the World.

32 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

78b04e903dc4d5151250966ea2027b36.png

I can't believe the board have no intervened yet, I want to accept it because no club would reject it but part of me wants to see if they go higher yet. 

Is it not worth you stalling on the deal ?

Maybe that might help them up the offer but that is a great offer.

I do have a feeling even if you accept the player will reject terms cos 90% of the time whenever I get a big offer for any of my players they always reject terms.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is it not worth you stalling on the deal ?

Maybe that might help them up the offer but that is a great offer.

I do have a feeling even if you accept the player will reject terms cos 90% of the time whenever I get a big offer for any of my players they always reject terms.

I rejected it and they came back with the same offer, differently structured. I'm not bothered about missing out on the money as we don't need it (£60m in the bank) and I would be losing a Congolese player. 

Poached Player Update - April 2042

We haven't had a player poached now for around 5 years which is disappointing, I would like to see some more players head to France and Belgium. 

e6089cf413c19e4d469fe9b17b56d3a8.png

Chris Ndombele | Lionel Thempoloe-Mantauro | Alain Ayessa | Boris Kaya | Mignon Yoka | Yannick Nkounkou | Christ Manounou-Nhombo | Yannick Tsouka-Baudry | Rochel Minga-Tiani

Alain Ayessa has 5 caps for the French senior national team which is fantastic. 

35 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I rejected it and they came back with the same offer, differently structured. I'm not bothered about missing out on the money as we don't need it (£60m in the bank) and I would be losing a Congolese player. 

Yeah I understand mate. You got to do what is best for you.

Hopefully they wont make another offer that the board accept over your head.

2041/42 Season Review

League - 25-1-0 record this season as we ended our winning run at 69 games and our unbeaten record now stands at 116 games. We had a poor season defensively conceding 10 goals. 

Congolese Cup - 6-0 winners over Diables Noirs in the final to land us our 17th trophy win.

Champions League - 5 titles in 6 seasons now as we defeat Orlando Pirates in the final. 

Amponsah started the season on fire and ended the season with 60 goals and 17 assists in 44(1) games but it was Niava Hermann Bamba who finished top scorer with 64 goals and 20 assists in 42(3) games. Ndoy had a resurgent season making 30 assists whilst Sene and Mawule both made 24 apiece. 

We made further improvements to the facilities at a cost of around £3m for both training and the youth facilities. We made a huge financial gain this season as we sold Sunzu to China, in total we raked in £29m from player sales and clauses. Prize money is close to £3.5m and sponsorship ticks over the £1m mark for the first time. Our youth setup is now costing us £3.6m per season whilst wages are now at £2.6m and bonuses and £2.3m. 

5d4e3e4577644a610abc3af301071e7f.png

ecc840975afa778785e05a5d8c2e0609.png

Early Transfers - July 2042

We've done some early business both in and out. 

2829c8760d8cc1019c04cbf77f741538.png

I allowed Mawuli leave for Monaco in a deal worth £4.5m rising to £6.75m plus a bonus if they win the French Cup and 50% profit. 

Incoming are just two players at the moment. 

2f5b98acb7fc5a6d1e39da14804c64db.png

We sign our first non-African of the save in Darwin Hernandez on a free transfer from Penarol in his native Uruguay. He will play central midfield in a creative slot whilst working on his attacking movement. Henri Arnaud is the latest in a line of Ivorian to sign for us from ASEC Mimosas, the young defender will be back up this season with the view to slot in as first choice when one of either Kouakou or Cardoso are sold. 

Two of our former players moved on this summer; Thierry Bande left Saudi side Al-Ittihad for France and Saint Etienne and we got a small windfall from the deal whilst we were rewarded nearly £5m initially for Godfred Karim's move from Reim to Marsielle, we will also receive another £1.3m in the future. 

5b55653876b047de127ae6fbd9b6284a.png

Player Sale - July 2042

This looks a little silly selling Mata for this much when in contrast the the Chinese club was offering over £50m but he only had one year on his contact and wouldn't sign a new one but we also get a 50% profit clause which could go a long way to recouping some of the money we miss out on. Troyes also play in a better league and aren't a top club in their league. 

fe62f79c5507f0c3825ee9322f7848ee.png

793c81ee6f1210a574259cb4b4f37a7b.png

18 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Some of those players look fantastic especially the Ivorians. 

BTW have you thought about taking over the Congo national team? 

Its not something I'm looking to do, I just want to get as many Congolese players as possible from my team into the National Team and let someone else take it from there. 

Transfers - Jan 2043

I'm a little behind with this update as we're at the end of January 2043 and around a third of the way through the season. 

I've let a few players leave on loan, David Anaba-Acquah isn't cutting it in my midfield, off he went to Motema Pembe and more recently academy graduate Lucas Saoudi has joined Strasbourg on loan until the end of the season. One player did leave permanently however, former poached player/returnee Mignon Yoka has left the club again, joining MLS club Philadelphia for £1.5m rising to £2.4m + 50% profit. Disappointing to lose a Congolese international but he was causing a stir in the club. 

Just more four players have joined this season. 

63fbbc4e17ccdb299fc6efa2290efb5e.png

Kenneth Mathosi is a cheap back up with some potential. Ayoub Juma continues our Liverpool/Southampton like transfer approach by joining from ASEC Mimosas, he slots straight in at CB alongside early summer signing Arnaud. 

In January we made an absolute coup of a signing in Patrick Laffour from Bayern Munich. I originally looked at him the season prior but they didn't want to sell, to get him for just £250k is incredible, retraining him to B2B midfielder and improving his quickness. I hope he decides to play for Liberia his 2nd nationality but he does have 2 U21 caps for Germany. Munro-Wilson was another player without a club, the New Zealander GK will play for the reserves.