Moving from Amateur to Semi-professional status - Player contracts?

QUESTION - MOVING FROM AMATEUR TO SEMI-PROFESSIONAL

Does anybody know what happens regarding Player Contracts when a football club moves from amateur to semi-professional status?

Specifically, will all players automatically be offered a contract as part of the transition process or will they stay on amateur contracts and it will be down to me to offer contracts to the players I want to?

I must admit, I've stockpiled players because they don't cost anything to sign so, basically, my scouts have been busy and any player who comes back with a highly rated (green) scout report I've been offering an amateur contract to and signing any who accepted - I must admit, a lot of these have then been jettisoned to the Reserve / II team squad. My worry is that if all of them are automatically given contracts I could bankrupt the football club before we even get started.

I'm currently on game date 8th September 2021 and the club aims to officially announce by 14th December 2021 so I have time to offload players should I need to. If I need to, when would I need to do this by?

use.png.06ba62f85a929163ec4fe944d7a968f4.png

3 minutes ago, turnip said:

I'm fairly sure it only applies to new contracts offered.

Anyone at your club when you change will stay on an Amateur deal, but when you offer a new contract to someone, you'll have the option of offering a Part-Time or Amateur deal.

Brilliant @turnip, thank you. I was hoping that would be how it worked.

14 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I must admit, a lot of these have then been jettisoned to the Reserve / II team squad. My worry is that if all of them are automatically given contracts I could bankrupt the football club before we even get started.

You Sir are a scoundrel, an would completely deserve what you redoubt .But in old versions at least it worked the way turnip described (wich was fortunate as I had pretty much used the same recruitment method).

Side question: can you start at amateur level without mods in FM 21? I just bought FMM 21 after a few years off, fell in love with the squad dynamics system and I'm now buying a laptop for FM 21. But the lowest level I could start at in FMM was english Vanarama North/South, in semi-pro clubs.

In previous versions I was using pyramids mods but some of them turned out bugged after a few seasons so I'd rather avoid.

These are the amateur clubs in FM21:

AB Tårnby - Danish 2. Division - Group 1
Brabrand IF - Danish 2. Division - Group 1
Holstebro - Danish 2. Division - Group 1
FA 2000 - Danish 2. Division - Group 2
Skovshoved - Danish 2. Division - Group 2
Vanløse IF - Danish 2. Division - Group 2

Fløya - Norway 2. divisjon Group 1

Águia Vimioso - Portugal Championship - Serie A
Vidago - Portugal Championship - Serie A
Brito - Portugal Championship - Serie B
Câmara de Lobos - Portugal Championship - Serie C