Players just let the opponent just walk past them

Could you provide more information for us to look at ? 

1 - could you provide your tactic to look at ? Maybe the man-marking is inappropriate ? Maybe it doesn't suit the strengths of your team ?

2 - could you provide some screenshots of these moves (the poor man marking, the shots and the offsides) ? 

I'm sure with some specifics some of the excellent contributors on here should be able to help. 

On 09/02/2021 at 19:40, Simon druce said:

I tell my to man mark the city players and it’s just walk through my team and score the keepers can’t save nothing they always conceded the opponent just lobs the ball over and they are offside and the flag stays down 

Why man mark at all?

Man City must have some of the best off the ball players in the world....theyll escape their markers frequently.

You might be better off telling them NOT to mark them tightly and block the space they want to move into.

I do this frequently with opponents who are very fast, if you mark them tightly theyll turn you or get away from you. 

Stand off them so theres nowhere for them to move into.

4 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

You might be better off telling them NOT to mark them tightly and block the space they want to move into.

4 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Stand off them so theres nowhere for them to move into.

What settings/instructions do you use to achieve this ?

Well man marking is not a magic instruction that stops City from being able to play well. Perhaps your defenders just aren't good enough to mark City out of the game.

If you could post a screenshot of your tactic we can see what settings you are using and what might be causing you to ship goals.

21 hours ago, Sam Smith2 said:

What settings/instructions do you use to achieve this ?

Set your defence up compact and maybe deep (or at least standard), have no closing down and no specific marking instructions. This is passive defence though, you will be put under pressure playing like this, and it frustrates a lot of people (including me) to play that way in defence.

Thanks for the reply sporadicsmiles,

Yeh thats what i thought FMunder ment. It just invites the pressure on ,you need top rated defenders to pull that off or be against lower rated attackers.

I did think by just individually ticking the defenders PI`s Tighter Marking ,you may get them a bit nearer positionally to the attackers,without trying to get them to man mark.

Edited by Sam Smith2