Issue with setting scouting assignments manually

Ever since scouting was revamped for FM18, I have noticed some issues with creating assignments manually and I want to inform you of a particular one that has been bugging me and that is, scouts will never recommend U16 foreign players even if you set your assignments to look for those specific players. For example, in the image below, I am in England and I am managing Arsenal; I created an assignment to look for players ,whose ages are at most 16, from the Argentinian U20 reserve league. Here is the assignment:

image.thumb.png.30acfd935ac33c84cca36f59acd2dfa6.png

After the competition was concluded, my scout couldn't recommend anyone to my squad. I later tried the same assignment again but with my chief scout controlling scouting assignments and here were the results. (Note: I used a 2 week short term focus to look through  the Argentinian U20 league):

THE SHORT TERM FOCUS TO SCOUT ARGENTINA's U20s

image.thumb.png.3d3c74d825cee05bacd83d9f69f6b0a1.png

A couple of days after setting the above focus, scouts have begun to find players that meet my criteria. I don't understand why the results are different when I set the scouting assignment. If anyone has some time on their hands, you can try it out and see for yourselves. 

Thank you. 

(Note: This was done in FM20, but the same issue still exists in FM21)

• JordanMilly changed the title to Issue with setting scouting assignments manually
  • 2 weeks later...