If you have a high jump distance even if you are short, can you reach the same compared to a tall person?

Jumping Reach is the only factor when it comes to how high a player can 'reach' with his head. If both players have 20 jumping reach, both can 'reach' the same height.

BUT, both researcher guidelines and (I assume) code in newgen production means you will never be able to have a 150cm player with 20 jumping reach because of the big height disadvantage. If he's a fantastic jumper/leaper he might have 2 or 3 instead of 1 for Jumping reach, for example. Just like a 200cm player will never have 1 for jumping reach. The poorer jumper/leaper will have 18 or 19 as an example. 

This is strictly jumping reach, unchallenged to the ball though, right?

If the taller guy is also much stronger,braver,more aggressive but they both have jumping reach 15, the taller,stronger guy is expected to win the aerial challenge, right?

I remember Brede Hangeland (Fulham, Crystal Palace) CB talking about his height advantage, how he could hold his forearm right above the oppositions shoulder before the aerial ball arrived, so the smaller guy would get a knock down effect from Hangelands arm when he tried to jump. Have no idea if this is coded into FM, but the strength attribute would have a similar effect I assum.e.

This is interesting. I have a 5’9” CB regen who has a jumping of I presume 16 (could be more - I play without attributes).

At 5’9”, playing as a CB, he just makes me too nervous to give him a run out. Guess I just should to see if his great jumping is enough.