Players Struggling to Learn / Remove Traits

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with players not learning new traits / remove traits. 

I have attempted to train my left back to learn the long flat throw, but 2-3 times now it has not been successful. I am also trying to remove 'Comes deep to get the ball' from my winger. Screenshots are below!

image.png.bcf72cc1e44462671b493fac28a47620.png

image.thumb.png.4a8822c4ac3f59bc984537e4355a12b4.png

image.thumb.png.f52c25418b373df1b98458dd2252c28d.png

Is there anything else I should be doing to be successful?

Edited by benhoward12

1 hour ago, benhoward12 said:

I have attempted to train my left back to learn the long flat throw, but 2-3 times now it has not been successful

Well, his attribute rating is 13, which is decent but probably not good enough for playing long throws (flat or otherwise) effectively. 

1 hour ago, benhoward12 said:

I am also trying to remove 'Comes deep to get the ball' from my winger

Has that also failed or is still in the process?

50 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Well, his attribute rating is 13, which is decent but probably not good enough for playing long throws (flat or otherwise) effectively. 

Has that also failed or is still in the process?

I guess the long throw trait makes sense, will give it some more time

The come deep to get ball removal has failed 2-3 times?

2 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

The come deep to get ball removal has failed 2-3 times?

I would assume it could be due to his very low teamwork as well as relatively low work rate and determination. But cannot claim for sure, simply because it's not my area of "expertise". 

That's why on topics like this, I prefer to consult the expert called @Seb Wassell ;) (if he has the time to repond)

Comes Deep to get ball -  I failed to get this to be learnt by Harry Kane of all players, and his Determination\work rate are more then adequte.

I did get this to be trained on a younger striker, who failed at First Touch of 13, 14, but suceeded when his first touch hit 15.

Assuming the same marker, it could be the same threshold that is holding the player learning a flat throw, although his personality could be a factor in learning traits as well - Get him in a mentoring group ASAP for that.

I'd love the criteria for Traits to be a lot less rigid, and I'll put that up as a feature reqeust soon. There are more I'd like to be less locked in, Early crosses being one in particular.