Give byes to random teams

olivier95160

Hello,

I'm trying to create a cup but for some rounds i might need to give a bye to certain teams (not fixed ones, just random teams from qualified teams/teams entering this round).

I've seen the Round Adjustement settings in the stage but can't find a way to make this work, has any of you done this before ? I'm litterally stuck with this and don't have any solution...

It should do it automatically if the number of teams you enter into the round doesn't match the number of matches.

For example if you enter 20 teams into a round but set 8 matches, 16 teams will play in 8 matches and 4 will be given byes. Therefore, 12 teams will qualify for the next round automatically. 

30 minutes ago, L55DS said:

It should do it automatically if the number of teams you enter into the round doesn't match the number of matches.

For example if you enter 20 teams into a round but set 8 matches, 16 teams will play in 8 matches and 4 will be given byes. Therefore, 12 teams will qualify for the next round automatically. 

can it be done from one stage to the next one too ?

Hmm good question. You'd have to test it. There probably is a way. Whats the structure of your tournament? If you have 2o teams, and stage 0 is a qualifying round, and stage 1 is a group stage for 12 teams (8 qualifiers from stage 0 + 4 teams which were given byes) then maybe just bring all 20 teams into the 'Qualified teams' section, and then randomly select 16 of those to enter at stage 0, and 4 to enter at stage 1?

Why separate stages and not multiple rounds within a stage? Or are you saying you want a team to be given a bye to a whole separate competition? In which case you'll need to use fate actions but I'm not sure exactly how you'd do that. Maybe fate actions one round earlier, select X winners at random and send them to the other stage / competition early. 

Make all 13 rounds in stage 0. No need for additional stages. Then the Byes will be automatic based on the number of teams and matches in each round. 

For example, round 1 would be:

Teams: 240
Teams to add: 240
Matches: 128

And round 3 would be:

Teams: 124
Teams to add: 60*
Matches: 62

*To ensure the correct teams are added each round, make sure your list is in the right order in the teams section. Teams at the top of the list will enter the tournament first by default (I think?) but you can use the 'reverse teams in list' option to switch that, which is usually more helpful if you want better teams to qualify later. 

20 hours ago, L55DS said:

Make all 13 rounds in stage 0. No need for additional stages. Then the Byes will be automatic based on the number of teams and matches in each round. 

For example, round 1 would be:

Teams: 240
Teams to add: 240
Matches: 128

And round 3 would be:

Teams: 124
Teams to add: 60*
Matches: 62

*To ensure the correct teams are added each round, make sure your list is in the right order in the teams section. Teams at the top of the list will enter the tournament first by default (I think?) but you can use the 'reverse teams in list' option to switch that, which is usually more helpful if you want better teams to qualify later. 

If i have set it up this way teams from Tartarus Division will enter first compared to teams in Division 6 League B for example ?

image.thumb.png.f6a76be88f2d416e6e41b877d8234fda.png

3 hours ago, L55DS said:

Correct, so use reverse teams to have those teams enter last instead of first if you want.

image.thumb.png.abeb412215175a13374b7e7086c6d852.png if you want.

This is what i want, having these teams enter first and then the other ones enter later, so i don't have to change anything ?

Edited by olivier95160