Ole Solskaer History and Achievement Glitch.

elliotdanks

Summary: Ole Solskaer History Glitch.

Description of Issue: I'm 8 years into a save. I've only just noticed that on the overview for Ole Gunnar Solskaer in the bottom left in the History Section, he is logged as Man Utd manager 2019-2019 instead of 2019-____. This in turn seems to have made it so non of his achievements log correctly. Man Utd have won trophies during this save,  but they don't log for him in his achievements or biography etc. Even when starting a new save this happens again and only with him. Is this a known issue or has my save bugged out?

Steps to Reproduce: Any New Save.

Files Uploaded to the OwnCloudElliot Danks - Unemployed Backup.fm

• Administrators

Not seeing this from your save in 21.3 - can you check again please? There's the interim manager phase listed (2018-2019) then permanent as 2019 followed by a dash as he's still managing the club.

Let us know, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Not seeing this from your save in 21.3 - can you check again please? There's the interim manager phase listed (2018-2019) then permanent as 2019 followed by a dash as he's still managing the club.

Let us know, thanks. 

I've just done a complete fresh install of the game, moved all the old folders from steam and the documents folder to elsewhere so it makes new ones on the install. Moved over just one saved game file, and the bug still there the same as before, and still happens with a new game?

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 12.50.32.png

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 12.50.48.png

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 12.50.57.png

• Administrators

It's definitely something specific to your system and/or game setup as I've got the save you provided here and it shows the information correctly. Try removing your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if that helps - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

37 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's definitely something specific to your system and/or game setup as I've got the save you provided here and it shows the information correctly. Try removing your cache and preferences folders as shown here and see if that helps - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360015199257-How-to-Delete-my-Preferences-and-or-Caches-Folder

I’ll reply just here from now on then, was unaware which one I should be replying on haha! 

I’ll do that shortly again when I can get back to the game. However, as I said, I’d moved the steam Football Manager 21 and the Sports Interactive Football Manager 21 folders to a separate location so when I reinstalled the game wouldn’t that have effectively deleted my Cache or Preferences as they created brand new folders in their places?

I’m running the game on a MacBook from steam if that helps narrow it down? 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

I've now tried this but to no avail. On that save game and a New Game. Still there. Any other ideas? It's such a petty bug but one that comes into play in long saves and effects the natural flow of the game when his rep doesn't improve even if he wins loads of trophies

• Administrators

It's really quite odd as said, we're not seeing what you are from the same save as here it all appears correctly. I've even checked his reputation within the same save comparing it with a 'new game' and it's definitely been changing over time. He's gone from 3 stars to 4.5 and I've seen the numbers under the hood in that specific save. 

Just a couple of things to confirm - are you on Epic or Steam? Your Macbook, what operating system is running on it? Is it one of the new ARM M1 systems? 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

It's really quite odd as said, we're not seeing what you are from the same save as here it all appears correctly. I've even checked his reputation within the same save comparing it with a 'new game' and it's definitely been changing over time. He's gone from 3 stars to 4.5 and I've seen the numbers under the hood in that specific save. 

Just a couple of things to confirm - are you on Epic or Steam? Your Macbook, what operating system is running on it? Is it one of the new ARM M1 systems? 

So, on a closer inspection. The rep does seem to have been working before, and is now too, I must have been mistaken there.

The things that seem to be an issue is the 2019-2019 in history. Then the other things that don't seem to log are in his achievements, in his biography and under Man Utd's history if you click the Managers tab it comes up with a list of achievements and they don't log there either. 

I'm on steam, im just in process of downloading the epic version but in demo form (I definitely don't want to pay again haha!) to see if that's the issue. 

Im running a MacBook Pro 16" with 32gb Ram, the 2.3 Ghz Intel Version, running Big Sur 11.2.1.

• Administrators

We'll investigate the issue, but given it's just a display issue affecting one user's save and doesn't have a knock-on elsewhere (his rep and eveyrthing else updates correctly) it would be considered a low priority issue which we'd be unlikely to specifically address this for said save in a future update. 

Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We'll investigate the issue, but given it's just a display issue affecting one user's save and doesn't have a knock-on elsewhere (his rep and eveyrthing else updates correctly) it would be considered a low priority issue which we'd be unlikely to specifically address this for said save in a future update. 

Thanks. 

Wanna send me the file I also game on MacBook and steam see if I see the issue?

Okay, I started a new game using my graphics and stuff from before. But I’m using the new update. The bug was there at the start, then I’ve simmed an in game year and some point in that year it’s gone away and fixed itself during that save. The only issue that seems in place now, under Man Utd’s history under the managers tab, and Trophies that United seem to win log twice. That seems to be it now?

I’m lost as to what is causing it. I’m loading up my long term save from before and gunna sim some time and see if the game decides to fix it at some point. 

13 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Wanna send me the file I also game on MacBook and steam see if I see the issue?

I don’t think it’s specific to that save. It seems to be specific to some certain systems or specific criteria as I’ve seen many other players also have the issue. 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, elliotdanks said:

I don’t think it’s specific to that save. It seems to be specific to some certain systems or specific criteria as I’ve seen many other players also have the issue. 

It could be as suggested above, that it's something specific to Mac, albeit would be very unusual and quite surprising as there's almost no differences between versions. I don't have a Mac here (the studio is all working remotely currently) but will get a colleague to check. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It could be as suggested above, that it's something specific to Mac, albeit would be very unusual and quite surprising as there's almost no differences between versions. I don't have a Mac here (the studio is all working remotely currently) but will get a colleague to check. 

Thanks, I’ve started a new save and have moved on. Each new game starts with the bug there, but then after around January 2021 it seems to disappear and start working correctly. 

The only thing left is the thing where on the Club History, where you click the managers tab, it lists the trophies that Ole wins at United twice. But that’s the only thing as far as I can see so I’ll take that as a win 🤷🏼‍♂️😂