What does "complacency" mean?

AurioDK

You have just won the Champions League semi final, everyone should be ecstatic but I look around and after congratulating the boys: 2 look nervous and 6 are complacent ... really? It´s not my fault I won 9-0 over Barca because they got 2 guys sent off in the early minutes of the first half. Everyone would be celebrating and two or three would perhaps be "envious/angry" on the inside that they didn´t get to play.

The same with pre-season where everyone is expected to fight for a place in the team, the ones playing the first half are very happy and the subs are complacent, so the subs don´t care about first team football? Of course they do and regardless of score they will go in and fight for their place, well .. most would. Even in Sunday league football I work my socks off regardless of whether we are winning 15-0 over some Juniors in the first half, I want my right wing spot, if fat Anders gets it I will drown myself.

True complacency is a professionalism thing and it would be devastating if implemented correctly in FM, also very hard to handle for a manager. Most footballers want to play and prove themselves, the only difference is how they go about it .. there are a few exceptions.