International management

Gran2

Has been long in need of a major overhaul. Some suggestions:

1. There needs to be at the very very least the option to rest players between international games. I can see why having full training for internationals might cause issues (it should still be entirely workable though). But the rest is a must. If my club side can play three games in a week with minimal fitness complications, my international side shouldn't all be about to die 10 minutes after kick off because they played a game 4 days ago. It is not realistic to have to fully rotate your side for a World Cup quarter final (and it doesn't really help anyway).

2. Getting a job should have some flexibility. Right now you get offered a job and that's it it's a yes or no. I was offered the Italy job while I was in the middle of a tournament with Mexico. I wanted it but I also wanted to win the Gold Cup. In reality, I would simply have said to the Italian FA "hey guys, yes please but I'll take over after this competition is done" because there is literally no reason why you'd have to instantly take over.

3. The "suggested squad" from your assistant could be so much better. If it was laid out against your formation it would be helpful so you can easily see who your assistant thinks fits where rather than just a list. All suggested changes could then have a clear reason right next to the suggestion like "poor club form", "fits the tactic" or "cap before he declares for Sweden" etc. This would hopefully address the randomness of it whereby the assistant constantly suggests way too many players in certain positions and too few in others. I was managing England and Steve Holland concluded we should call up 0 left backs but we needed four strikers despite only playing one. And in another save I am managing Australia and my assistant repeatedly says we shouldn't call up this guy:

image.png.4cd44071686f593a9335bb72f649622d.png

Despite him being the greatest player in Australian history.

Edited by Gran2

• 2 weeks later...