Lack of Youth Intake on iPad

hey guys...so I'm playing in Italy with England and Spain as the other playable leagues, however, in previous versions of FM, the youth intake is abundant across all leagues/nations...however with FM21, I am only seeing youth intake from Italy, England and Spain...

any Brazilian, Argentine, Belgian or just ANY COUNTRY the players are generated from one of the 3 leagues....

i posted this on the bugs forum, but havent had much luck and others have had the same issues as I have, can anyone else confirm they're having this issue? should I uninstall and reinstall my game? not gonna do much but I thought it would be version issuue, but im on the newest version...

any help would be much appreciated

This sounds like a similar issue to what I am facing.

I am currently playing a Dorking Wanderers save on the iPad with England, Scotland and USA leagues loaded.  I'm in 2031 and it's almost impossible to find suitable quality players as the newgens are only coming from England, Scotland or the USA.  A lot of the players playing for other nations are generated through the youth teams of the loaded leagues and almost all international footballers are now half English, Scottish or American :-)

Really frustrating and I've now stopped playing a save that I was enjoying.

There have been to many issues with this version of FM Touch, fortunately most seem to have been resolved now but I can't remember a version with so many.

51 minutes ago, Will_K said:

This sounds like a similar issue to what I am facing.

I am currently playing a Dorking Wanderers save on the iPad with England, Scotland and USA leagues loaded.  I'm in 2031 and it's almost impossible to find suitable quality players as the newgens are only coming from England, Scotland or the USA.  A lot of the players playing for other nations are generated through the youth teams of the loaded leagues and almost all international footballers are now half English, Scottish or American :-)

Really frustrating and I've now stopped playing a save that I was enjoying.

There have been to many issues with this version of FM Touch, fortunately most seem to have been resolved now but I can't remember a version with so many.

Did you face similar issues with previous versions? I've always thought that with only being able to load 3 nations, this would be the obvious end point.

Haven't had a long term FMT save on PC yet but I'll be interested to see if this is just an issue with this year's game as a whole (even the full fat game had a problem with newgen numbers prior to the patch) or whether the new patch has rectified this.

8 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Did you face similar issues with previous versions? I've always thought that with only being able to load 3 nations, this would be the obvious end point.

Haven't had a long term FMT save on PC yet but I'll be interested to see if this is just an issue with this year's game as a whole (even the full fat game had a problem with newgen numbers prior to the patch) or whether the new patch has rectified this.

No, i don't remember facing these issues on previous versions.  There were always plenty of players coming through all over the world.

Just now, Will_K said:

No, i don't remember facing these issues on previous versions.  There were always plenty of players coming through all over the world.

Fair enough. You can try continuing your save as the new patch is compatible with save games. You should see a more balanced generation of newgens going forward as per the patch notes.

4 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Fair enough. You can try continuing your save as the new patch is compatible with save games. You should see a more balanced generation of newgens going forward as per the patch notes.

Thanks, I've installed the update and will continue with my save :thup: