I think the dribbling numbers are lower than the other leagues in the league where the users play, is it just me?

a5864003

18 hours ago, namlas said:

how common is this?, im thinking of starting a new save however it might be a waste of time is if this issue is the norm instead of a particular problem found in specific saves.

The stats are always weird in the league you play.

On 2021. 2. 17. at 오후 2시 1분, HUNT3R said:

Likely the difference between the full Match Engine in your league and the Quick Match Engine in all the other leagues generating differing stats.

Are you aware that the stats of the full match engine are weird? Not only dribbling, but also work rate.

Haven't notice with work rate but definitely dribbling. Don't want to sacrifice my Newcastle save just to go to another save where low dribbling stats are the norm you know what i mean lol. hHghest dribbling stat per 90 in the premier league is 1.99 and 1.02 for my own team. Totally kills my immersion of the game . How many different saves have you played ?

The introduction/implementation of xG has given rise to numerous differences in FM21 between the stats in the Full Match Engine (FME) and Quick Match Engine( QME), including dribbling. These have been well flagged and I did some detailed testing that I shared in the bugs forum and have included here for your information. 

I understand that FM definitions will not align exactly with their real world equivalents but they should be at least broadly in line for both the FME and QME. It is important that FME and QME give similar results so that scouting/search comparisons are not rendered useless. I ran a full season Premier League using Full Match Engine and again using the Quick Match Engine. I then extracted full season stats for each team and compared the FME results with the QME and 19/20 Premier League "equivalent" stats:

image.jpeg.6cbf2a254d27f065f43a28e2299da2b7.jpeg

A few summary observations from the same FME Vs QME saves used above regarding player stats:

image.jpeg.a8c66b67f1af973d813fef613c1a19b5.jpeg

The game is not broken and unplayable but for players who like the immersion and use stats when comparing/scouting players etc there are clearly issues that have surfaced in this years FM that render such comparisons/scouting useless. Hopefully these issues will be largely resolved in the next major update so that SI have a firm foundation from which to develop FM22.

Edited by mhaffy

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2021 at 13:54, mhaffy said:

The introduction/implementation of xG has given rise to numerous differences in FM21 between the stats in the Full Match Engine (FME) and Quick Match Engine( QME), including dribbling. These have been well flagged and I did some detailed testing that I shared in the bugs forum and have included here for your information. 

I understand that FM definitions will not align exactly with their real world equivalents but they should be at least broadly in line for both the FME and QME. It is important that FME and QME give similar results so that scouting/search comparisons are not rendered useless. I ran a full season Premier League using Full Match Engine and again using the Quick Match Engine. I then extracted full season stats for each team and compared the FME results with the QME and 19/20 Premier League "equivalent" stats:

image.jpeg.6cbf2a254d27f065f43a28e2299da2b7.jpeg

A few summary observations from the same FME Vs QME saves used above regarding player stats:

image.jpeg.a8c66b67f1af973d813fef613c1a19b5.jpeg

The game is not broken and unplayable but for players who like the immersion and use stats when comparing/scouting players etc there are clearly issues that have surfaced in this years FM that render such comparisons/scouting useless. Hopefully these issues will be largely resolved in the next major update so that SI have a firm foundation from which to develop FM22.

This really deserves a response. Seems SI are strangely silent about match stats and analysis issues