Liverpool

Anyone else's save have Liverpool as ridiculously dominant on FM21?  

I'm in my second season and I'm in the championship so it doesn't affect me too much but it's still annoying, 

I have noticed that in the first season Liverpool won the prem and a cup, but in the second season they have won the premier league, league cup, super cup and community shield and they're in the champions league final and the fa cup final too. So basically they're going to win 6 trophies in one season :lol: it's not realistic and it's annoying even though I'm not yet in the prem.

Edited by B3nnet7

Bayern Munich currently hold the Bundesliga, the DFB-Pokal, the DFL-Supercup, the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup, and now the Club World Cup. Okay, they've done that across two seasons rather than in a single one, but it's still a clean sweep of all six trophies they can win.

But Liverpool possibly winning six trophies in a season is somehow unrealistic? I don't get this. :confused:

4 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Bayern Munich currently hold the Bundesliga, the DFB-Pokal, the DFL-Supercup, the Champions League, the UEFA Super Cup, and now the Club World Cup. Okay, they've done that across two seasons rather than in a single one, but it's still a clean sweep of all six trophies they can win.

But Liverpool possibly winning six trophies in a season is somehow unrealistic? I don't get this. :confused:

Of course it is unrealistic, like you've said already, Bayern done that over two seasons not one. 

Any team winning 6 trophies in one season in unrealistic, Liverpool have never done it in their entire history so yeah definitely unrealistic Imo 

I've holidayed the first 5 seasons this morning out of boredom and if anything, Liverpool are on the decline. They won the PL and ECL in the first season but since then they have gradually fallen down the pecking order finishing 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Since winning the ECL they haven't made the final since.

In fact, the PL is the one league which has not been dominated by one team in the first 5 in-game seasons as United, City & Chelsea have all won it. The other big leagues have all been won by the same usual suspects in each season except Lyon won Ligue 1 in 2021/22.

I'm about to holiday another 5 years as I still can't decide on who I want to start a game with so will update later.

I did say I was bored lol.

2 hours ago, raymondafc said:

I've holidayed the first 5 seasons this morning out of boredom and if anything, Liverpool are on the decline. They won the PL and ECL in the first season but since then they have gradually fallen down the pecking order finishing 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Since winning the ECL they haven't made the final since.

In fact, the PL is the one league which has not been dominated by one team in the first 5 in-game seasons as United, City & Chelsea have all won it. The other big leagues have all been won by the same usual suspects in each season except Lyon won Ligue 1 in 2021/22.

I'm about to holiday another 5 years as I still can't decide on who I want to start a game with so will update later.

I did say I was bored lol.

Yeah let me know what happens :)

4 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

Anyone else's save have Liverpool as ridiculously dominant on FM21?  

I'm in my second season and I'm in the championship so it doesn't affect me too much but it's still annoying, 

I have noticed that in the first season Liverpool won the prem and a cup, but in the second season they have won the premier league, league cup, super cup and community shield and they're in the champions league final and the fa cup final too. So basically they're going to win 6 trophies in one season :lol: it's not realistic and it's annoying even though I'm not yet in the prem.

The fact you're not in the prem might actually have something to do with it. By default leagues you're not in aren't simulated in full detail, which does increase the chance of oddities occuring.

They'be been ok on my save but nothing special. I'm in the 2036/2037 season and the most dominant English team has been Chelsea, followed by Man City, Man United, Tottenham and Liverpool.

Liverpool have only won the Premiership once in the save back in the 2021/2022 season, Chelsea won 5 times, City 5, United 2 and Tottenham 2 then my Lancaster team won last season.

Liverpool have also only won 1 FA Cup and 1 Carabao Cup, though they have won the Champions League twice and Euro Cup 3 times but they have been far from being the best English club on the save

So, 10 years into the game Liverpool's list of honours reads:

EPL: 2021, 2029

FAC: 2026, 2029

LC: 2027, 2030

ECL: 2021

EL: 2022, 2024, 2029

League Finishes: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 1st, 2nd

Overall, they have been relatively successful in terms of trophies but far from dominant. City have won the EPL 4 times, United & Chelsea twice each.

In the other "Big" leagues, only Bayern and Juventus have won every title, but PSG have only lost out once as I mentioned above. Real Madrid have only won La Liga twice, the rest going to Barcelona.

5 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

Of course it is unrealistic, like you've said already, Bayern done that over two seasons not one. 

Any team winning 6 trophies in one season in unrealistic, Liverpool have never done it in their entire history so yeah definitely unrealistic Imo 

at the time this game was made, anyone other than City or Liverpool dominating first season or 2 would be unrealistic imo.

i remember the 2001 season, won 3 cups and followed up with community and super cup. but no one counts them really, they are single games that don't count towards making doubles or trebles etc

10 hours ago, B3nnet7 said:

So in the end they lost the Champions league final to Madrid and the FA cup final to Man united so they had to settle for 4 trophies in the end :lol:

Ole's actually won a trophy and you think Liverpool winning things is unrealistic?