Cannot import tactics - 21.3.0

fufu

Just downloaded and installed update 21.3.0.

I had previously imported a few tactic files. File type is .fmf. They could load and appeared in the previous version.

I have confirmed they are in the correct folder in the new version. I've deleted them and reinstalled them. I've closed the app and started new games. No matter what I try I get this response when I try to load the tactic: "This file could not be imported". Same response occurs when I try to manage tactics.

These tactics I have downloaded from various FM fan websites (FM Scout, Sortotoutsi etc.). I've tried 3 so far. They were imported into my iPad via iTunes.

May I take screenshots and share with you?

The new 21.3 update created directories I've not seen before into the iPad (tactics, tactical style, etc).

Here is the new directory which appeared after downloading version 21.3. Prior to the update there was no such directory. I did however have a "tactics" directory, where these files were placed previously and which would import into the previous version.

20210223_203501.jpg

Edited by fufu

Here is the three (3) tactics I had downloaded from FM Scout or Sortitoutsi. They worked on the previous version for me. They have been used extensively by other FM 21 PC, Touch and Mobile players.

These files were previously located in the "tactics" directory.

In version 21.3 I dropped them into the same directory.

20210223_203513.jpg

Edited by fufu

In this picture I've navigated to the Tactics screen, clicked the V and select "Load" and selected Tactics from the Directory. It does not let me click into the folder, all I can do is select "Open".

20210223_203925.jpg

Edited by fufu

After selecting "Open" the following message in the picture is displayed. I am not even given the opportunity to open the "Tactics" folder and select the .fmf tactic file which is in it.

Please note that if I try "Manage Tactics..." from the drop down. Select "Load" and "Open" I get the same message.

I am completely stumped. I tried downloading different tactics and dropping them into the "Tactics" directory.

Appreciate your help on this...been playing FM as long as my profile (2012) suggests...in fact I used to spend a lot of time editing your db, heavily modding FM (play pictures, logos, kits...literally creating every youth prospect of note in the academy, to the max allowed per team in the DB for Sporting CP...hours of work...suffice to say my point in all of this is I know my way around FM but I'm truly stumped this time.

20210223_203931.jpg

Edited by fufu

• 3 months later...

Has anyone come up with an answer for this or does it just not matter anymore ? I've just bought an iPad Pro and bought the FM21 Touch to go on it only to find i cannot import tactics . I've used FM since before it was FM so am well accustomed to how we download and import tactics but on the Touch it's completely baffled me . I can't even find anyway of finding the tactics folder to put anything in , every clip i've found anywhere says use itunes to move the file but of course itunes isn't even included any more on ipads

For anyone who cannot wait for the non existing support on here please comment or message me , i've found a way that works first time on  another site that actually helps it's members