What does the Director of football do?

2 hours ago, Gramm0 said:

The title. If you are hands on and want to do your own transfers and contracts, is there any use for a DoF?

Does he have other functions in FM Touch, eg. securing better sponsor deals or the like?

You can ask for his advice in the "Transfers" screen and he can recommend players that you should look at. Apart from that, nothing if you're going to be hands on.

7 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

You can ask for his advice in the "Transfers" screen and he can recommend players that you should look at. Apart from that, nothing if you're going to be hands on.

Thanks, I didn't think so. The DoF should probably be mentioned in the manual.

For some reason, the club keeps trying to hire one anyway, even though I'm in charge of staff signings. Should probably post that in bugs forum.

13 minutes ago, Gramm0 said:

For some reason, the club keeps trying to hire one anyway, even though I'm in charge of staff signings. Should probably post that in bugs forum.

Definitely sounds like a bug.

On 25/02/2021 at 08:46, Gramm0 said:

Do you have Staff Recruitment set to "Backroom Staff" in responsibilities?

Although, IIRC when I first started playing touch the club kept trying hiring DoFs regardless of me not wanting one and it being set to "Manager" in responsibilities. (I never used one in full version of FM.)

Now, I look for ones with high JPA and JPP for recommendations and high negotiating for the straightforward contract renewals which I delegate to them.

On 26/02/2021 at 14:16, Sylv said:

Do you have Staff Recruitment set to "Backroom Staff" in responsibilities?

Although, IIRC when I first started playing touch the club kept trying hiring DoFs regardless of me not wanting one and it being set to "Manager" in responsibilities. (I never used one in full version of FM.)

Now, I look for ones with high JPA and JPP for recommendations and high negotiating for the straightforward contract renewals which I delegate to them.

I have the setting set to my responsibility. I also have a vacancy for at Cheif Scout, who doesn't get signed automatic.

I'm playing a youth only save, so I don't need those two positions, if they only affect transfers. Might hire the two to get a better scouting range for youth intakes, but I'm playing in England, so my perception is that it shouldn't be nessasary.