What benefits are there for having a high scouting knowledge about the world ?

If you have masking attributes it allows you to see more of them without needing to scout in a first place (you still need to send scout to see things like consistency/important matches/injury prone).

Another thing is just players count. If you go to scouting tab you can just remove all filters and see how many players 'you are aware of'. The more 'broad' knowledge you got the higher the number. In short words there are players in game which you don't know of until you play against them or approach them in other ways. Of course you can always find any player just by typing his name in search bar or while browsing through teams, but in general if you want somehow 'real' managing experience you won't know all the players in the world.

This may sound weird but your scouting knowledge will affect the nationality of your newgens. You will only get newgens from nations which you have scouting knowledge which will be limited by your level of youth recruitment. The higher the level of youth recruitment, the higher possibility you will get newgens from outside the home nation. For example, PSG can get qatarian newgens because they have default 100% knowledge in Qatar due to their chairman. I got Spanish newgens while managing a small Chinese club due to me having knowledge in Spain when managing their u-21.

Thank you for your answers @zyfon5@Orion_

so if i have 100% of a country u should be able to a lot of information about, lets say establish national team players right?

with 100% knowledge about Zambia, i am only getting this much information about a regular international player, is that right, or should it be more ?

Skærmbillede 2021-03-01 20.47.26.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-01 20.47.45.png

34 minutes ago, Hallothere said:

Thank you for your answers @zyfon5@Orion_

so if i have 100% of a country u should be able to a lot of information about, lets say establish national team players right?

with 100% knowledge about Zambia, i am only getting this much information about a regular international player, is that right, or should it be more ?

Skærmbillede 2021-03-01 20.47.26.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-01 20.47.45.png

I've always seen it as his 100% knowledge will get players "On the radar" as such but each will need scouting for more detail.

Unless I've been wrong all these years, which is a massive possibility :D

2 hours ago, Hallothere said:

It might be right. As said in my understanding nation knowledge let's you know that particular player exists (otherwise you can't even find him through scouting centre). I think it should also affect your knowledge about specific player. Yet it seems reasonable that your scout might give you knowledge about 'existence' of players but not details about every single one of them.

I think if you'd had more scouts with knowledge about this specific country it may help having more detailed information about higher number of players.

Edited by Orion_

If knowledge makes players "searchable", i feel like i should be able to find more 18 years old player from zambia.

i can find 8 players in total, with 100 % knowlegde and no packages.

i tried open another save where i have 26% knowledge of Zambia, and here i was also able to find 8 players....

so the last 74% gave me knothing in terms of players

i really cant seem to figure out, how this is suppose to work

Skærmbillede 2021-03-02 06.16.58.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-02 06.21.11.png

Skærmbillede 2021-03-02 06.22.14.png

Edited by Hallothere

I would say that the number of players in Zambia is going to be very small. It's not an African football power and it doesn't have a league in FM. It wouldn't surprise me if those 8 are all the Zambian footballers in your database and the national team is filled out with grey players. 

I can se where you come from. But i have dowloaded a costum database and loaded the league of Zambia, and tick the box "give playable teams players at the start of the ame", so the teams in zambia should have a not of players, at least generated players from the start of the game :)

43 minutes ago, Hallothere said:

I can se where you come from. But i have dowloaded a costum database and loaded the league of Zambia, and tick the box "give playable teams players at the start of the ame", so the teams in zambia should have a not of players, at least generated players from the start of the game :)

That sounds like a bug to me, worth raising in the bugs forum

47 minutes ago, Hallothere said:

I now it might be dumb question but did you set the league as playable or just view only?

18 minutes ago, Hallothere said:

Playable @Orion_

Then I have no idea. Maybe the packages are the key. When you set the league as playable it should generate 16 newgens for every single playable club.

You can make a quick test. Try looking manually at teams from this country to see if they got 'normal' players (not the grey one). The game cannot 'hide' players from you. It can only hide their attributes or not show them in scouting centre but they cannot be 'invisible' for you with manual search.

If they are present then it's probably something related to your scouting capabilities. My bet is on packages since in my opinion they provide much more players than scouting knowledge.

2 hours ago, Hallothere said:

there are really no benifits from having a high world knowledge.

There is. Knowledge gives you more players with more visible attributes when you play with attribute masking.