[FM21] Removing CA / PA stars, leaving rest

macca7292

Hi.

I really don't like the star ratings for players - I find it makes me a bit lazy as a player. I only look at them and tend to just skim over the attributes.

On a previous fm I got rid of them by changing the png files in the graphics / icons / custom / star rating so they were all blank and I've found a similar one on the dd2021rm skin.

The only problem is that it gets rid of every star rating in the game, including competition reputation and coach training category ratings.

So what I'm wondering is can I have some star ratings but not others?

The dd2021 skin has a folder in star ratings called reputation but removing it or changing it to stars doesn't seem to make any difference in game.

The only other option I can think of is removing the code for stars for players on every panel it appears on. I got rid of the ones on the player profile screens but I got stuck finding some of the other panels, in particular the development / tactics (the suitability bit seems to use stars not the role rating), development / progress (the pa bit) and reports / coach reports (ability and potential) .

Thanks in advance!

Edited by macca7292

Having some stars remain and others stay visible is possible but it does require you to edit out all instances of the star widget from all the panels you want it gone from. You can then leave the star icon folders as they are.

Finding all the panels is time consuming but it’s the only way.

I’m currently building a skin that removes all of the stars, but also all instances of the text for ca/pa. Where reputation is concerned, where possible, I have added text descriptions to replace the stars.

In some cases perhaps having stars remain would be beneficial but overall I have found that removing them completely is actually better, especially when, in some cases, text can be used in their place. Personal preference.

But yes, if you want to mix and match, you need to edit each panel individually.

Edited by Tyburn

Found it and got rid of the reports!

Thanks.

I think I'd looked at that one but got intimidated by all the code and not noticed the ability bit at the bottom.

Found the top one as well - player training attirbute changes

Edited by macca7292

I think I've nearly got every panel with the player rating stars in.

I'm beginning to think I should really have made a list of the panels I've changed because I'm never going to remember what I've done!

I've just got a couple of panels left that I can't identify.

There are 10 panels in panels / team that start with squad depth, so logically you'd think that they would be one of them, but I can't figure out what is going on!

Any help again much appreciated!

position squad depth.png

squad depth.png

• macca7292 changed the title to [FM21] Removing CA / PA stars, leaving rest