In Match 'hampered by injury'

I suspect it will depend on the actual injury as to how much his performance will be affected.  In-game condition will always drop when there is an injury but say a leg injury will affect the player more that a gashed forearm.  The answer to your question however, will be that only the coders will know for sure.

10 minutes ago, kentonizking said:

Thanks for the replies, just wondered as I watched my winger, zip past a few guys, with a torn achilles!

It is luck of the draw, I left a player on not too long ago hoping to get to half time. The next tackle in on him finished him off for 3 months. 

5 hours ago, santy001 said:

It is luck of the draw, I left a player on not too long ago hoping to get to half time. The next tackle in on him finished him off for 3 months. 

To be honest it could've ended the same way if you changed him straight away. I think it's possible for player to have 'orange' injury indicator during the game that after the match results in few weeks/months injury.

I'd like to see some additional information based on your club doctor/physio skills saying "we think its a bruise and not likely to have long term effects" or its a grade 1 muscle strain that will probably get worse if he continues playing. Rather than just a "potential leg injury". 

3 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I'd like to see some additional information based on your club doctor/physio skills saying "we think its a bruise and not likely to have long term effects" or its a grade 1 muscle strain that will probably get worse if he continues playing. Rather than just a "potential leg injury". 

Would be a good feature request
https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/353-football-manager-pcmac/

23 hours ago, FrazT said:

I suspect it will depend on the actual injury as to how much his performance will be affected.  In-game condition will always drop when there is an injury but say a leg injury will affect the player more that a gashed forearm.  The answer to your question however, will be that only the coders will know for sure.

I think he's also referring to the tactics screen, where it will actually say "hampered by the injury". It can also say "affected by the injury". Sometimes there's also a line saying "but wants to stay on" or "wants to get subbed off". I think there's one like "can shake off the knock", maybe with a different wording.

Since they are different flavour texts, it could be assumed that "hampered" indicates a worse injury than "affected". But it's pretty clear that no-one knows that answer, only SI. 

When it comes to watching the 3D, I've never noticed a player with a knock actually playing worse or slowing down. 

Edited by Nacaw

9 hours ago, Nacaw said:

I think he's also referring to the tactics screen, where it will actually say "hampered by the injury". It can also say "affected by the injury". Sometimes there's also a line saying "but wants to stay on" or "wants to get subbed off". I think there's one like "can shake off the knock", maybe with a different wording.

Since they are different flavour texts, it could be assumed that "hampered" indicates a worse injury than "affected". But it's pretty clear that no-one knows that answer, only SI. 

When it comes to watching the 3D, I've never noticed a player with a knock actually playing worse or slowing down. 

This man explained it better than I did, it just struck me as I watched my guy (Ian Wright's grandson D'Margio incidentally) blast three players with his torn achilles!!!

Well just to add for discussion I had in my recent match yesterday information that my player has cut wound in arm. Yet he wasn't even noted as 'orange injr' icon so maybe there is some kind of gradation and when injury can be potentially dangerous it's marked with orange status and when it's not it isn't present.