Oh Harry, turns out you’re rubbish

18 games without a goal for my CF Harry Kane.
Someone going to blame my tactics? 4312 if anyone asks. His attributes are out of this world. He trains hard. We’re 4th in league. Previous season he missed 4 pens in a row 😂 

this ME isn’t working right. It doesn’t look right. It doesn’t play right. It makes too many strange things happen.

what happened to 21? It started so well! It’s drifting to the wilderness years of 18-20. Why???

7EAFEE1C-C1A0-4492-AC3B-CF4E9FA1DF5F.png

Edited by steam just is

21 minutes ago, steam just is said:

18 games without a goal for my CF Harry Kane.
Someone going to blame my tactics? 4312 if anyone asks. His attributes are out of this world. He trains hard. We’re 4th in league. Previous season he missed 4 pens in a row 😂 

this ME isn’t working right. It doesn’t look right. It doesn’t play right. It makes too many strange things happen.

what happened to 21? It started so well! It’s drifting to the wilderness years of 18-20. Why???

7EAFEE1C-C1A0-4492-AC3B-CF4E9FA1DF5F.png

Disagree, I can get him scoring, It is simply not the case that it is the match engine of they whole forum would be reporting it

4 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Personally speaking, if I was playing any setup that saw Harry Kane goalless for 18 games I'd put it in the bin

And, as I mentioned, the system is working well for others. Let’s not over complicate...I’m playing him as a DLF in an attacking system. Not sticking him as a defensive FB.

I don’t doubt other people rinse his qualities but let’s not forget last year, as an experiment,  someone put a 17 year old keeper up front for Liverpool in fm20 and they scored for fun. So the ME may be a giant leap forward or nonsensical anomalies may still crop up. 

cheers for your help though TMS. 

35 minutes ago, steam just is said:

And, as I mentioned, the system is working well for others. Let’s not over complicate...I’m playing him as a DLF in an attacking system. Not sticking him as a defensive FB.

I don’t doubt other people rinse his qualities but let’s not forget last year, as an experiment,  someone put a 17 year old keeper up front for Liverpool in fm20 and they scored for fun. So the ME may be a giant leap forward or nonsensical anomalies may still crop up. 

cheers for your help though TMS. 

I haven't seen anyone complain they couldn't get Kane to score in 18 games. I haven't seen anyone complain about any striker scoring in 18 games. This isn't something that wouldn't be shouted about. So yeah, I'd personally take a look at what I was doing with Kane. And yeah I'd genuinely bin any system that didn't get him scoring in 18 games given he's the best player at Spurs by a mile. It makes no difference to me what you do either way, but I'd pretty confident your problems aren't to do with the ME. Quite happy to take your save and plug my system in to get him free scoring again

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the ME however to support the OP;

Man U managed to get him to score 6 in 119. I'm not sure what position he was in as he's now a manager

Kane.thumb.PNG.50f46c4068b6c35f2bf45fd0c27d3a33.PNG

Edited by Grifty

1 minute ago, Grifty said:

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the ME however to support the OP;

Man U managed to get him to score 6 in 119. I'm not sure what position he was in as he's now a manager

Kane.thumb.PNG.50f46c4068b6c35f2bf45fd0c27d3a33.PNG

Almost certainly midfield. Ai seems to like turning him into a midfielder as he gets older, and tbf, you look the key attributes for roles like the mezzala, and he's a very good fit

For me I would one make sure that harry kane is getting the support that is needed. Watch on comprehensive highlights. In 1 game how many good chances does he get, how many shots does he have. your 10 players might work well with each other but do they work with kanes role and personal instructions.  You need to fine him for bad performance and warn him of a transfer list or just tell him bad form

He can be a bit streaky. But he also responds very, very well to criticism. A few days back, we were 1-0 up at Stamford Bridge, and he strayed marginally offside to deny us a second goal in the 94th minute. Two minutes later and it was 1-1. I took the chance in the press conference to say he was clearly very disappointed with himself, as he should be. The next game, we were at 0-0 at half-time against a relegation-fighting Bournemouth outfit. I lambasted the team at the break. Safe to say our Harry had a bit of a reaction to that...

1185406597_DoubleHattrick.thumb.png.2fbfc6331c74eaf5209d9de535045b79.png

A hattrick within 5 minutes, a 4th 5 minutes later, and the first ever double-hattrick I've had in Football Manager - all in one half!

He's doing OK for me.  Broke Clive Allen's record of 49 goals in the first season (scored 52).  Second season hasn't been great as his morale is low due to me turning down various bids from PSG.  Started the season off not scoring, dropped him for a few games and since then he is scoring on a fair regular basis.

Strikers seem to perform much better this version if paired up front with another striker.

image.thumb.png.272bc5ecf32a58f4e8c5df28a2101ca8.png