Network games not working

• SI Staff

Hi @Daniel7454 thank you for your post and sorry to hear you are having issues.

We have seen this reported a couple of times following the release of our latest update, unfortunately we do not have a fix available but it is being investigated. 

In the first instance we would advise that both you and your friend try uninstalling and then re-installing the game and testing again and let us know if the issue persists. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. 

• 1 month later...

I know that plenty others have reported this issue, but here is mine with a rather comprehensive input.

I am playing on Xbox Series S. My friend is on Xbox One. I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. He has my account, to game share on his Xbox One.

So, I started a new online Career. I simply put in the server name, and open to friends only. No password.

when the game starts, I save it. Then I went to Game Status. Besides the word Manager, it states, (No Network Connection). Again, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and my Xbox Series S is connected to the internet via LAN. I am 100% sure that I am connected because I bought the digital copy. I wouldn’t be able to boot the game if I wasn’t connected to the internet.

On Actions > Game > add new manager is greyed out. Also, invite friends to game button has never ever appeared on the screen. We are both on the same party and when I tried to invite him to game, the invite to game option is greyed out.

i asked him to search for via server name. Nothing.

i asked him to choose my gamtertag under the created by option. Nothing.

i asked him to search with a blank server name. Nothing.

i also did a blank search, also nothing.

i did multiple restarts for 5 minutes, invite friends button, still hasn’t appeared.

i did quit the game (clicking on quit in context menu), and started the game. Same results.

i restart my xbox series s. Same results.

i turned off xbox completely, same results.

i turn off my my xbox fron the wall socket and turned on my xbox back, same results.

Hi there,

I just bought FM 2021 Xbox edition yesterday evening. I have downloaded it with a good WiFi connection quite easily. 

However me and my pal have wanted to start and online career together but on my game it keeps saying (no Internet connection) and doesn't give me a tab to invite friends too my online career but when my pal sets one up he can. I accept his invites but nothing happens.

Everytime I go to invite its not lit up so can't invite friends at all. Now my Internet is fully working as I play multilayer on other games so I don't understand why its coming up (no Internet connection) when trying to set up and invite friends too online 

I bought this game to do online career with my pals and I can't do that. I've tried reinstalling the game, resetting wifi you name it but still says (no Internet connection). 

If anyone has any solutions or ways to fix this that would be much appreciated, 

Thank you :) 

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem. My friend bought and downloaded the game last night on an excellent connection as he's using an ethernet cable. When he loads into FM on the Xbox and goes to join online game no games appear in the list. When I invite him to my game, he accepts it and nothing happens and when he goes to invite me to a game no invite button appears and it states he has no internet connection. We would really like this problem fixed as we want to enjoy an online career mode. Thanks!!

I posted this as well

Sucks when you paid for something, but you don’t get to use all the features. At the same time, having an xbox allows me to connect to my friends better. This online feature, I think most people buy it because they wanted an online career with their friends, rather than playing alone.

Same issue but it's only effecting my brother 

I have tried his profile on my Xbox one x and my brother has tried his profile on his Xbox series x and he can't join or find network games his very disappointed as he only purchased the game today to play online with us 

Edited by Tak225

My brother purchased the game today just to join our network league and he can't join our online league is there any fixes or trouble shooting for this as it's the only reason for purchase otherwise his gonna have to get it refunded 

Absolutely a issue with his Xbox profile with the game have tried his Xbox profile with FM on other Xbox consoles and it still didn't work but we did find that if we load up the game and on the in the menu change the profile to me or my brother's and then switch back to his he can join online and find online games si games need to fix this maybe it's a terms and conditions issue I don't know but we only briefly tested he was able to join my league like this gonna test later to see if all 3 of us can play with this method would appreciate if other users who have this issue test this another method that may work if your not game sharing and you can create a second profile on your home console and use this method may work also would appreciate feedback 

Edited by Tak225

3 hours ago, Tak225 said:

Absolutely a issue with his Xbox profile with the game have tried his Xbox profile with FM on other Xbox consoles and it still didn't work but we did find that if we load up the game and on the in the menu change the profile to me or my brother's and then switch back to his he can join online and find online games si games need to fix this maybe it's a terms and conditions issue I don't know but we only briefly tested he was able to join my league like this gonna test later to see if all 3 of us can play with this method would appreciate if other users who have this issue test this another method that may work if your not game sharing and you can create a second profile on your home console and use this method may work also would appreciate feedback 

I will try this now!!

Hi there, 

I've tried making a new profile and didn't make a difference. Still has (No Internet Connection) and no invite friends tab. I really don't know as I've ticked off all the terms and conditions so it would be nice if football manager could fix the bugs and glitches as its affecting alot of people. 

Hi 

Having problem playing online on xbox edition. It's like the game thinks I am offline no matter what I do. Uninstalled and reinstall wiped all save data. Hard reset xbox. Created multiple accounts. Tried different xbox. Rest modem. Check all my profiles and still the same issues. When I go to join online game no servers are showing. I contacted help sega are totally which are useless and fm tweeter page as useful as a ashtray on a motorbike. SI games are totally silent yet no fix what seem to be a wide spread problem for new users who bought after patch. No acknowledgement from any of them getting fed up always repeating myself to them. Does anyone have fix to this

• SI Staff

Hi all, thank you for your posts and contributions on this issue. 

I have merged all the posts relating to the Network Issues into one post to ensure that you all have visibility of this response. 

We are currently investigating the reported issues regarding network games and they are currently under review internally.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused, and appreciate your patience while this is looked into. 

As soon as I have more information I will advise.

Me and my friend are trying to play online season with each other he plays windows 10 fm21 xbox edition I play on Xbox and when I invite him nothing happens when he accepts and when we search server name it doesn’t show up, I’ve tried switching to anyone can join and still nothing, is there a way we can join each other, thanks

• SI Staff

For those who have had issues with finding and joining online games since the 21.3 update, please see this response and let us know in that thread whether the issue is still happening for you: