Contract Negotiation Bug

I've seen this spoken about in another post but I thought I'd bring it up again.

I'd say around 50% of the time, even if a player is either 'interested' or 'very interested' in the scout report, and/or has handed in a transfer request at their current club, I will still be unable to offer then a wage at all.

On some occasions, the player will even hand in a transfer request at their current club, in reaction to talks breaking down, AFTER I was forced to end negotiations with them because of the bug. 

This is happening very very often, and is very frustrating when the player and club have seemingly given the green light for the transfer yet still I'm unable to sign them.

The game is brilliant as usual, so full credit to Marc and his team for consistently producing in my opinion the best mobile game about there year in year out, but the definitely needs addressing imo.

Cheers guys

• SI Staff

I can take a look into this - to explain what is happening ...

The interested/very interested is how the player perceives your club, ie. whether they would want to pursue joining your club if the terms are right.

To explain what actually happens - I would LOVE to be a full-time professional footballer .... if someone asked your average bloke if they'd football as a full-time pro then then a lot of football fans would say yes, they'd bite their hands off. However the sad truth of the matter is that many of us have lives, families and a standard of living to support.

As such chances are they ARE open to moving to you, however only if the financial terms are correct.

If they don't even show terms then basically what they're after is far above what your maximum wage offer could manage and they don't want to waste your time by messing you around.

(that being said I do think its inappropriate that the scouts don't flag this and as mentioned I'll look into it)