Concerned the squad lacks depth

Something I've seen in my playthroughs, players concerned the squad lacks depth when the reserve team is full of players. On this case I have 28 players in my first team and 24 in the reserves, all positions covered with backups and some with backup to the backup, so the player should leave the management to me 🤔

Screenshot_2021-03-05-10-55-51-535_com.sega.score.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Hildor looking at your squad, you seem to have good depth at centre back and left back but not to great options in terms of goalkeepers, natural strikers or wingers? I think the happiness comments about it relate to the first team squad more than anything. Your team report also comments on those areas.

I also promoted players from the reserves in some of those positions and after a few weeks players stopped having that worry (and team report adjusted suitably).

I'll discuss with our team about it and see what they also think?

6 hours ago, Louie Silvani said:

Hi @Hildor looking at your squad, you seem to have good depth at centre back and left back but not to great options in terms of goalkeepers, natural strikers or wingers? I think the happiness comments about it relate to the first team squad more than anything. Your team report also comments on those areas.

I also promoted players from the reserves in some of those positions and after a few weeks players stopped having that worry (and team report adjusted suitably).

I'll discuss with our team about it and see what they also think?

Yes, but why do I need to have 30 players in the main squad if the reserve squad is present and I can go get players from there? Personally I hate working with big squads and using reserve when needed. Imo reserves should count as squad depth too. 

The whole squad has 5 goalkeepers, I just chose to have only two in the main squad for example. 

And I only use one winger, why I need more than 3 for example? Doesn't squad depth takes into account the team tactics? 

Edited by Hildor

In real life most day to day squads are short, 25 players seems like roughly a number most managers like to work with and in real life players are aware of reserve and B teams, so not sure why would they be concerned about squad depth at all

16 hours ago, Hildor said:

Yes, but why do I need to have 30 players in the main squad if the reserve squad is present and I can go get players from there? Personally I hate working with big squads and using reserve when needed. Imo reserves should count as squad depth too. 

The whole squad has 5 goalkeepers, I just chose to have only two in the main squad for example. 

And I only use one winger, why I need more than 3 for example? Doesn't squad depth takes into account the team tactics? 

All fair points. @Marc Vaughan has asked to see the save which I'm sending to him as we speak!