Not Resolved - Can no longer bring up the Player Menu on the Squad screen using Touch controls (worked in FM18 to FM21 1.02 but broken since 1.03 and 1.04)

The contextual buttons no longer work on the Squad screen when scrolling through the players on the new update. It was fine on previous versions and it allowed you to quickly scroll through the team with the D pad and press X to bring up the pop-up menu and perform an action, like available for reserves, discipline player etc.

The UI has changed since the last update and now scrolling down the list of player you can no longer press X to bring up the player menu, instead it now sorts the column. Even if you go into the player screen and press + to being up the menu, when you go back it highlight the box above the players, so you have to once again, select the team box and then scroll down to the next player.

The squad page is also missing the select/highlight buttons next to the players name, so when using the mouse you can't multi-select players and then press X to do group aaction, if X was working.

Edited by Baked

• Baked changed the title to The contextual buttons no longer work on the Squad screen
  • 2 weeks later...

Still broke in 1.04.

Seriously don't understand that change as you now need to press extra buttons to do an action which you could have done by just pressing X.

It's made that screen and dealing with the team a lot more awkward and made the user experience a lot worse for what? Sorting a column.

• SI Staff

Hi @Baked, you can open the context menu on players by pressing the right-stick on the joy-con in, when using the cursor emulation. Apologies for not getting back to you before, but let me know if that sorts the issue for you?

I don't use mouse control as it's too fast and only used it to select multiple players, which you can't do now on the squad screen as you've removed the PKD button column.

I used to scroll down the player list and press X to bring up the menu. It worked since day one (even from the first switch version 2018) right up until 1.03.

Contextual buttons are still displayed on the control layout screen as well.

The change makes no sense as now I have to go into the player to set these options and when I leave the focus isn't on the player still, so I have to refocus on the area and then scroll back down again.

The user experience is terrible now for what, sorting a column?

Edit: Resolved? It's not when functionality which has worked in previous versions is now longer functioning so I don't think it is resolved.

Edited by Baked

• Baked changed the title to Not Resolved - The contextual buttons no longer work on the Squad screen (worked in FM18 to FM21 1.02 but broken since 1.03 and 1.04)
  • 2 weeks later...

As you can see @Alistair Skewes there is still reference to the buttons on X and Y. As I mentioned this has worked since FM18 on the Switch up to 1.02 so it's a bug to be honest, and not resolved as the functionality is no longer working as described on the help screen.

Also right stick click seems to work on the inbox page when on player lists in touch control so it's not even consistent as it's apparently only meant to work with the mouse cursor.

IMG_20210407_112439.jpg

Edited by Baked

• SI Staff

"Contextual Action" refers to shortcuts you can make during the game, e.g. "Y" to Finalise A Deal or "X" to Walk Away during contract negotiations.

We do appreciate and take on board the feedback you're making regarding this, and I'm sorry that the changes from previous versions have upset you. It's something we'll need to rework (or look at moving the information from the Context Menu into a more prominent place) for any potential future versions.

So it was intentional to take away the ability of bringing up the player menu on the squad screen using touch controls. Weird.

Edited by Baked

• Baked changed the title to Not Resolved - Can no longer bring up the Player Menu on the Squad screen using Touch controls (worked in FM18 to FM21 1.02 but broken since 1.03 and 1.04)