Scouting Knowledge

Hey,

I've played FM for years, but never seemed to have this issue, so i'm not sure if i'm missing something or just being stupid.

When it comes to scouting, I'm a bit OCD with my knowledge etc. I love the idea of having one scout with extensive knowledge of South America, one with extensive knowledge of Asia etc. 

So I used to always just send a scout to scout Asia for 'ongoing' and left him to it. Then I'd come back and check his profile and every few months he'd have maybe 25% of Thailand let's say, then 50% of China and so on. And that scout would just gradually build up a complete knowledge of all of Asia over time.

What seems to happen now is that same scout will have 1% knowledge of Thailand or Uzbekistan let's say, then when I check in a few weeks or months time that knowledge has gone and it's replaced by another country with 1%, and this just keeps happening, and the scout never seems to build up progressive knowledge of any countries.

Anyone got any idea why this is? 

Cheers. 

Scouting was revamped in FM18. Now if scouts want to gain knowledge of any nation they have to watch matches in that particular nation. Since FM doesn't have a league for Thailand or Uzbekistan or you haven't loaded a custom editor file, the only matches scouts can watch in those nations are the international and continental cup matches. The reason mentioned before is why scouts are slowly gaining knowledge of those nations.

1 hour ago, obasa_G said:

Scouting was revamped in FM18. Now if scouts want to gain knowledge of any nation they have to watch matches in that particular nation. Since FM doesn't have a league for Thailand or Uzbekistan or you haven't loaded a custom editor file, the only matches scouts can watch in those nations are the international and continental cup matches. The reason mentioned before is why scouts are slowly gaining knowledge of those nations.

Ahhh that makes sense.

Thanks for that. 

12 hours ago, Civili7ation said:

It looks that way. 

Damn, at least he somehow managed to get into North Korea to watch their national team play, lol.

Oh well, I switched him to scout the Asian Nations Cup Qualifying, hopefully he will be more useful.