Where can one see pre-match odds in FM21?

Ah, I see. Thanks.

It used to be that you could see the odds of the next several matches from the schedule. But that info is now only available a day before the match?

I've found it useful in planning training and rotation for upcoming matches.

Maybe I'm out of luck.

Any conjecture regarding the motive for its removal?

19 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Is it not available on the "Schedule" screen? Mine are, but not sure if it's an optional view that came with the Skin I'm using (OPZ Elite)

Interesting... Thanks for the info.

I just started with FM21, so I'm still figuring out what's been added, what's been moved to where, and what's just plain been removed.

1 hour ago, JRHaggs said:

Interesting... Thanks for the info.

I just started with FM21, so I'm still figuring out what's been added, what's been moved to where, and what's just plain been removed.

Just had a look. I can see odds in the schedule, but only for the next 2 games. Not really what you are after, but its all I can see.

Edited by KillYourIdols

13 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Just had a look. I can see odds in the schedule, but only for the next 2 games. Not really what you are after, but its all I can see.

Better than nothing!

Not sure why I'm not seeing them, but I'll keep poking around.

I suppose it's possible that odds aren't generated because the Vanarama North/South are insufficiently interesting to the gambling community? haha

Ultimately, it's probably just as well that I become less dependent upon these odds for my gameplay. But, from what I can tell, they capture something about what the game is "thinking" better than any other bit of info.

Big fan of your username, BTW, and the philosophical mandate that it espouses.

9 hours ago, SaintsCanada said:

How/where do you see this on the schedule page?

I'm not finding it either. I suspect it's a feature of the skin he's using.

I'm kind of bummed by the removal of match odds and conversation histories. Seems like arbitrary, or at least inelegant, obfuscation.

This is very odd. The code to show "odds" is in the panel "fixture details" that controls the right hand side of the schedule fixtures screen. But on any skin that has the code (including the default football manager skin) the game is not reading the code.

Has anyone got match odds on the right side panel of the schedule/fixtures screen? We should have. The code is there.

Edit* Have posted this in the Skinning Hideout.

Edited by Tyburn

15 hours ago, Tyburn said:

This is very odd. The code to show "odds" is in the panel "fixture details" that controls the right hand side of the schedule fixtures screen. But on any skin that has the code (including the default football manager skin) the game is not reading the code.

Has anyone got match odds on the right side panel of the schedule/fixtures screen? We should have. The code is there.

Edit* Have posted this in the Skinning Hideout.

Thanks for tilting at this windmill, Tyburn.

It doesn't *seem* like something worth obscuring, and, in fact. in the pre-match news item that contains the next match's betting odds, the odds have more granularity, so it seems like there's actually been work put into odds generation. For example, last night, I saw 11-10 odds, which I never saw in all my time with FM20 or its predecessors.

Perhaps it's simply a bug? Seems wildly unlikely that no one would have noticed until now though.

Edited by JRHaggs

13 minutes ago, JRHaggs said:

Thanks for tilting at this windmill, Tyburn.

It doesn't *seem* like something worth obscuring, and, in fact. in the pre-match news item that contains the next match's betting odds, the odds have more granularity, so it seems like there's actually been work put into odds generation. For example, last night, I saw 11-10 odds, which I never saw in all my time with FM20 or its predecessors.

Perhaps it's simply a bug? Seems wildly unlikely that no one would have noticed until now though.

It may have been introduced since the last patch. Have also now raised it in the bugs forum.

I haven’t had a chance to test this but have no reason to believe the code provided here won’t work.

Find the “fixture details” panel in *your skin*/panels/match and replace the “odds” widget code with the one provided in the linked thread.

With regards to the default skin, no idea what’s happened here, but the widget ID code seems wrong.