Training schedules and Match Days

I have been watching videos on YouTube and reading posts in various sites, but I am curious as to what people do with regards to training schedules. 

Now, I know a lot of schedules that you see have the 'match day' set as a Saturday or a Sunday. But, my question is, how do you counteract, for example, a match getting moved to a Friday or a Monday?

Secondly, how do you set up the training for, as an example, a European game on a Wednesday and a league game at the weekend? 

What actually happens to the schedule that you already have in place if a game gets moved or if you get an extra game midweek? 

I know, when setting up schedules for my u18 side, they seem to have a lot of games on a Monday and I am not sure how to set the schedules up for that. 

I am also curious as to how @Rashidihandles this as his videos have been a great help with regards to getting my head around training. 

I am by now means an expert and like you I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot articles. Here are some tips of what I do (PS I play a lot at lower league levels).

1- At the first of each month I set my training schedule for that month.

2- Whenever I get a news item in my inbox about a change in my fixtures I change the training from the news article.

3- What I do for training depends upon:

• How my team is playing.
  • My team's Tactic Familiarity.
  • How good the next opposition is.

4- After every match I have a Recovery, Match Review, and Team Bonding (Increases Team Cohesion and Happiness).

5- Before every match I have a Match Preview and either Match Tactics or Teamwork (I do a lot of Possession/Pressing).

6- Before each match I try to do Match Preparation Attacking Movement and Defensive Shape.

So, in weeks where I have one Match I am able to get in get in some sessions other than Match Preparation.

In weeks where I have more than one match I usually do not get much of any other training done. It might look something like this:

Teamwork

Rest

Recovery

Attacking Movement

Teamwork

Rest

Recovery

Rest

Match

Match Review

Defensive Shape

Match Tactics

Match

Match Review

Match Preview

Rest

Rest

Rest

Match Preview

Rest

Team Bonding

• If there is travel I lose something.
  • I do not do a lot of "General" training. I am sure I lose something because of that, but I figure my job is to win games and Match Preparation helps that. Plus Match Preparation does train the areas the player is using.
  • If there are 3 matches in a week I get no training done at all.
  • In weeks where I have only one Match and I get to do something other than Match Prep I train in areas I feel my team is playing bad in.
Edited by Herolover

On 11/03/2021 at 10:13, EnigMattic1 said:

I have been watching videos on YouTube and reading posts in various sites, but I am curious as to what people do with regards to training schedules. 

Now, I know a lot of schedules that you see have the 'match day' set as a Saturday or a Sunday. But, my question is, how do you counteract, for example, a match getting moved to a Friday or a Monday?

Secondly, how do you set up the training for, as an example, a European game on a Wednesday and a league game at the weekend? 

What actually happens to the schedule that you already have in place if a game gets moved or if you get an extra game midweek? 

I know, when setting up schedules for my u18 side, they seem to have a lot of games on a Monday and I am not sure how to set the schedules up for that. 

I am also curious as to how @Rashidihandles this as his videos have been a great help with regards to getting my head around training. 

1 - If the game gets moved, I'll make sure i don't make a big training either side of the game, so Att\Def movement\Attack\Def corners and match preview pre-game, recovery and dual rest afterwards.

2 - The Assitant Manager should move the traning around and you get a notification of what's changed.

3 - I set the schedules up for my U18s as standard with a Saturday match, when it's on a Monday, the recovery\rest\rest  will be the Tuesday, and the other training may get ammended. I manually go in an adjust it afterwards

I personally use recovery\rest\rest post matches as I do some heavier sessions. If the lead up is light i may add Techinical or Tactical training on the last - Something last.

IHMO - Teamwork and Match Tacitcs are less required when you have reached the tactical familiarity, after that, as the other Match Prep (Attacking movement\Defensive Movement\Match Practise) Acutally train on invidiual roles which can be extra helpful for player development (Also an item learnt from Rashidi's Video's).

I'll add that my personal choices of what sessions i add are also based on areas i want my team to focus on, due to weakness, or oppesition strength. Season 2 in my Save, i have a nice "Easy" start (Sarcasm hint) - Liverpool Away twice, but my pre match day will be Def corners\Defensive movement\match preview.