Chelsea 3-4-3

Hello, im trying to fit chelsea into a 3-4-3 system but istruggle a bit. 

I want to keep possesion but i dont know how, i have tried work ball into box, play out of defence and slower tempo, but still i always have less possesion then my opposition. I can neither seem to create an effective press nor create many chances. 

Also Ziyech has stay narrower PI

Any help would be appreciated :) 

20210313120142_1.jpg

Push the wingbacks up to ML, MR.

ML - Wide midfielder, sit narrow, cut inside with ball, with team underlapping on the left.

MR - Defensive Winger with man-marking LB, high pressing (which is the default anyway). Crossing often, whipped and from high up. The Low cross is equivalent to the cutback and was very successful in the Beta and earlier editions, the power has been reduced since. Still works reasonably well, but as an ice-cream man once said to the Marquis du'Sade, nothing beats a good whip

AML - Timo Werner set to Winger attack.

Move AMR to AMRC - set to Support Striker

CM pairing - Granted there are many fancy roles with even fancier names, but in terms of variability, a simple Centre Midfielder setting, one on Attack or Support, one on Defend, is top trump. PI allow for the creation of a CM with Mezzala-Like movement but minus the mezzala-like default disregard for defending, which the ME exploits. 

DLF - The support duty makes little sense here, support who? By default a CF starts closer to the opposition's goal than any of his teammates. Moreover when few of his team-mates in advanced positions have attacking duty (only Pulisic in the above schematic), who is he supporting exactly? A DLF on attack doesn't mean he'll be less deep-lying. Only an Advanced Forward resides in the extremis.

For all the dressage, its still the same hay in the stable. With ball, Without ball, ala the Great CM01/02. All they've done is hidden the screen. The sooner you hybridise your tactical thinking, not just in terms of roles and instructions, but positional deployment, the better. And needless to say, uncustomisation. Whats pattern recognition when the pattern isn't recognised? 

• 8 months later...