Chelsea 3-4-3 HELP

Hello, im trying to fit chelsea into a 3-4-3 system but istruggle a bit. 

I want to keep possesion but i dont know how, i have tried work ball into box, play out of defence and slower tempo, but still i always have less possesion then my opposition. I can neither seem to create an effective press nor create many chances. 

Also Ziyech has stay narrower PI

Any help would be appreciated :) 

20210313120142_1.jpg

Edited by Oluf

• Oluf changed the title to Chelsea 3-4-3 HELP

Pass into space is obviously an anti-possession instruction, so you definitely should remove it if you want more possession. 

The counter in transition is another instruction that can compromise your possession intent.

SK would also make more sense on defend duty for a possession tactic, because on support (let alone attack) duty he will tend to play a lot of direct speculative passes forward. 

In terms of roles and duties, I would change the libero into a normal CB on either defend or stopper duty and then switch the CAR to DLP on support and the BBM to BWM on support

Like this:

DLFsu

IWat                                 IFsu

BWMsu   DLPsu

WBsu                              WBat

CDde  CDde/st CDde

SKde

Last but not least, the extreme aggressiveness of your defensive instructions can also have a detrimental effect on your attacking performance, because the defensive and attacking phases of play are very much interrelated. 

There is an alternative setup of roles and duties as well with better central penetration:

DLFsu

IFat                                    Wsu

DLPsu   CMat

WBsu                             IWBde

CDde  CDst  CDde

SKde

In which case the Underlap right team instruction can be considered as well.

The real question is, how intelligent is the artificial intelligence? It mightn’t be Ralf Wiggum, but it’s certainly no Martin Prince.  At best, Milhouse, looks like the archetypal straight A student, but wouldn’t win a Scrabble shootout. 

The ME can only reflect pre-programmed algorithms. A 5-2-3/3-4-3 custom formation on slow tempo with abc nuances, will have been plugged into the matrix to yield xyz outcomes in efg scenarios. Yes, the collective quality of the team will have a advantageous or deleterious effect on yield, but scores of boffs will have been test driving the prototypes, to give SI an idea of in-game changes made by players, allowing them to populate both algorithm and outcome.

So if the AI doesn’t think independent of its pre-programming, the first rule in the game of FM thrones, be what’s unexpected and thus unalgorithmed, within the realms of sensibleness. 

Managed a second-placed finish, first season with Sheffield Wednesday, by being unexpected. 

So returning to your question, the question within the question is, where does the ME decide possession, arguably in midfield...thus to dominate possession, dominate the midfield and even more, be unexpected in doing so. Uncustomise the customised formation.  

...In a nutshell, ditch the 5-2-3, which in no way resembles Tuchel’s approach. 

A 3-1-3-2-1 (narrow or wide 2). In effect Werner is wider on the left, with Alonso occasionally underlapping, whilst Mount is almost exclusively inside CHO or James. Jorginho is the 1, dropping deep at the start of possession and Kovacic is best considered Box to Box or BWM. 

The custom 5-2-3 is not least a sorry excuse for the Tuchelian 3-4-3, but offers a simplified, easily cracked children’s sudoku in place of a far more thought out strategy. Ditch it!