Need to be able to discuss contracts etc with agents of players on your own team

b28937

The new option to "ask agent about availability" with agents via remote chats re acquiring their clients is fantastic addition.  However, I think a similar option really needs to be added to have a similar type of non-confrontational chat with agents for players on your own team.

For example, if have an experienced midfielder with an expiring contract, I might be willing to offer him a new contract.  But the only way I can find out what he wants is to start formally negotiating with his agent, making promises about future playing time, etc.  Once promises have been made, he'll finally tell you what kind of contract he's looking for, and at that point you can't or don't want to meet his demands, you have to walk away and the player and agent get mad and are unwilling to enter talks again.

The same is true when you have a player unhappy about his contract.  If you meet with him to find out what's up, you have to either promise him a new contract to appease him or refuse which will make him mad and complain to teammates and start messing up chemistry.  Before meeting with a player who's unhappy about his contract, you should be able to "discuss contract" with agent, so the agent can tell you he's looking to be a regular starter and paid xx amount etc.  Then you can make an intelligent decision about what to say when you meet with the player.

It's Just unrealistic that agents for every player in the game will happily tell me if their clients are interested in my club, what kind of contract and playing time his client would like, etc., but agents of players on my own team refuse to tell me anything unless I go into formal contract negotiations and start making promises.  Even if the agent were to say, "we're not going to tip our hand tell you that, we want to see your proposal first," that would be fine.  

Suggestion: For players under contract with your club, add option under the top Contract menu to "ask agent about contract" or whatever the proper wording would be so you can just have a friendly remote chat to find out if his client is interested in a new contract and what he would want, etc.

• 2 weeks later...