Help for 4-3-3 League One Possession Football

Hello everyone!
I need help with the tactic I posted in the attachment ...
the real problem is that I am sterile, very sterile in attack .. I create 5-7 goals per game but I only score one goal or at most two ..
I also list the PPIs (in addition to the default PPIs):
SK: -------
CDL, CDR: short passages; close down less
WB: cross from Byline; Shoot less often
FB: Cross from deep; run wide with ball; shot less often; get firther forward
HB: short passages; take few risks; tackle harder
BBM: Run wide with ball; move into channels; mark tighter
AP: Get further forward; mark tighter
W: ---------
IF: Sit narrower
DLF: Close down more

I'm in League One, with Sunderland, 2th season .. (yes, I was not promoted to the first season, lost the final of the Play-Offs at 121 'with MK Dons ....)

The idea is to propose a departure from the defense, develop the game through the AP that will serve one of the 3 in front of him (W, IF, DLF).

Thank you

433.png

Fİrst of all; there are so many player instructions. Keeping it simple is always better. Thus everything will be less complicated and problems will easily be recognized and solved.

1 hour ago, Mik_Fe said:

develop the game through the AP that will serve one of the 3 in front of him (W, IF, DLF

A more involving playmaker can be the heart of the play. APa can be skipped by other players because of his attack duty. Also he can not find enough space everytime on more advanced areas. There are five runners around him. (W-DLF-BBM-IF-WB). This is an excellent reason to choose a more involved playmaker role like APs/RPMs.

FBs on the right with a HB is too conservative with balanced mentality without an overlap TI. WBs can fit there better or FB with overlap TI on that flank. (overlap decreases wide attacker's playing mentality & increases wide defender's playing mentality)

I don't recommend sit narrower PI to a wide attacker when playing with a narrow attacking width. IF with sit narrower PI with a narrow attacking shape;  can have difficulty of finding space to move / run into.

Edited by zabyl
corrected some word

Tks zabyl...

first of all, post the changes I made this morning, so I can have the post updated:

i change and inverted AP with BBM.

The PPI's are the following:

SK: -------
MEZ: mark tighter
AP:  mark tighter
W: ---------
IF: ---------
DLF: Close down more

This is the tactic now..

with your considerations, are there other things that can be changed or that do not make the tactic balanced?

433.png

thanks ED!

so, i can change this role:

HB-d---> DLP-d

W-a---> IW-s

is it corret to change this roles?

For you ED, Any other changes? in the TI?

Which roles are not for possession in my tactic?

Edited by Mik_Fe

2 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

close down less on a CB can create a weakness for your defence.

There is no need to force LB to cross in a place. Shoot less often is not necessary for WB.

Again, There is no need to force RB to cross in a place. Run wide with ball is not necessary when you combine a FB with a W. Because this forces both of them to dribble wide. Shoot less often is not necessary. Get further forward with an overlap & an attacking CM can create potential weakness. Removing this can make your right flank more solid on defence.

take fewer risks PI forces a player to clear the ball away when there isn't any good option to pass when a player is under pressure. I don't recommend that. But you can use it.

Your both CMs have high risk passing and your IFs has that too. Changing IFs to IWa can balance that. With this change you can drop mentality of Wa to Ws to balance.

Play out of defence TI is a good way to bring the ball out of defence with care. With this TI; DMs/CMs come deeper to take the ball from defenders. Using it with distribute to CBs/FBs can make your team to sit deep when your gk has the ball. I suggest using them with an idea. Play out of defence with distribute to FBs can help to overcome opposite high pressing. If there is no press then why to do a distributing while you can have open players in more advanced areas.

Edited by zabyl
added under pressure to take fewer risks section

42 minutes ago, Mik_Fe said:

thanks ED!

so, i can change this role:

HB-d---> DLP-d

W-a---> IW-s

is it corret to change this roles?

For you ED, Any other changes? in the TI?

Which roles are not for possession in my tactic?

It's not necessarily a question of individual roles, but rather role combinations and partnerships. Because roles work through interaction with one another, not in isolation. 

37 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

It's not necessarily a question of individual roles, but rather role combinations and partnerships. Because roles work through interaction with one another, not in isolation. 

Ok, i understaind.. any tips?

57 minutes ago, zabyl said:

close down less on a CB can create a weakness for your defence.

There is no need to force LB to cross in a place. Shoot less often is not necessary for WB.

Again, There is no need to force RB to cross in a place. Run wide with ball is not necessary when you combine a FB with a W. Because this forces both of them to dribble wide. Shoot less often is not necessary. Get further forward with an overlap & an attacking CM can create potential weakness. Removing this can make your right flank more solid on defence.

take fewer risks PI forces a player to clear the ball away when there isn't any good option to pass. I don't recommend that. But you can use it.

Your both CMs have high risk passing and your IFs has that too. Changing IFs to IWa can balance that. With this change you can drop mentality of Wa to Ws to balance.

Play out of defence TI is a good way to bring the ball out of defence with care. With this TI; DMs/CMs come deeper to take the ball from defenders. Using it with distribute to CBs/FBs can make your team to sit deep when your gk has the ball. I suggest using them with an idea. Play out of defence with distribute to FBs can help to overcome opposite high pressing. If there is no press then why to do a distributing while you can have open players in more advanced areas.

Great.. i do this little changes and i try.. I'll let you know! soon..

OK! I'm here..

After 15 matches in League One, and other games (friendly, Carabao Cup ecc), i'm at 1st of November and i'll post stats and 3 tactic that i use now, for different situations..:D

4-3-3 with HB it will be used against teams with two forwards or with an attacking and attacking midfielder, favoring the exit from the defense with the full backs rising to favor the discharge.

the other two tactics remain very similar, but tend to be divided into home and away games; with the TM away obviously, but it still depends on the opponent, I can start with the center forward and then change to protect the advantage. it depends on the situation then.

I would be happy if you could comment on those choices. thank you!:):)

433 1.png

433 2.png

433 3.png

assist fatti.png

assist subiti.png

eff dif.png

eff off ING.png

gen perf ING.png

gol fatti.png

gol subiti.png

Edited by Mik_Fe

Those defensive & attacking efficiency analyses tell that your team is very good on attack but on defensive side; things must be examined and changed. Watch conceded goals from the start. How your team concedes a goal? How your team gives opposition chances? You can determine problems with watching past games.

BWM on DM can cause problems. This role abandons his position to press a player. It can be used with different scenarios but your tactic has 2 advanced “CM”s. It is risky. DMd / Ad / HBd can suit well.

Your 3rd tactic seems fine. WBs is a better choice with a HBd compared to a FBa. 

Force opposition inside/outside has risks/rewards. Defensive width is a trick to use in a match when you see some weakness on opposite side. With force inside; opposition attacks you centrally with through balls / balls over the top. With force outside; opposition comes from the flanks with crosses.

Edited by zabyl

12 hours ago, Mik_Fe said:

OK! I'm here..

After 15 matches in League One, and other games (friendly, Carabao Cup ecc), i'm at 1st of November and i'll post stats and 3 tactic that i use now, for different situations..:D

4-3-3 with HB it will be used against teams with two forwards or with an attacking and attacking midfielder, favoring the exit from the defense with the full backs rising to favor the discharge.

the other two tactics remain very similar, but tend to be divided into home and away games; with the TM away obviously, but it still depends on the opponent, I can start with the center forward and then change to protect the advantage. it depends on the situation then.

I would be happy if you could comment on those choices. thank you!:):)

433 1.png

433 2.png

433 3.png

assist fatti.png

assist subiti.png

eff dif.png

eff off ING.png

gen perf ING.png

gol fatti.png

gol subiti.png

With the first 2, aren't FB and W both crossing heavy? Both sort of contradict the possession style you want to play. I'd change the FB to an IWB (S) (they will cross less often, which is normally the case with possession teams and also fill in at CM for the attacking mezzala) 

I'm quite new to FM, so I don't know much but I know a little. Someone like @Experienced Defender can help you with this more then I can. Hopefully this helps :)

Possession doesn't automatically equate to goals. Most, if not all have experienced the FM Phantom Menace wherein they pepper the opposition with attempts on goal, yet lose 3-4 nil. Had a game vs Amazulu with Kaizer Chiefs during which they scored with every attempt, all 4 of them. 21 shots later, the bulk of which were on target, we're heading home with a 4-1 hiding. Dominated possession, dominated SOG, dominated CCC, yet the result reads of a royal beatdown. So...what is the God you seek? More possession or more points regardless of the possession statistics?