4-4-1-1 - Getting Output from my AM(C)

Hello,

I have been having a large amount of success using the below 4-4-1-1 formation. The idea behind the tactic is to have 2 compact lines at the back and I have been defensively solid, and not overly complicate the attack, if I am struggling to break down teams, I normally go wider, increase the tempo and LOE.

The main issue I have with the tactic is the lack of output from my attacking midfielders. I am in 2038 and therefore have a very strong squad, but I just cant get the correct combination from my AM and ST.  

image.png.fd0b6989b9dbdaad784642bae913fb10.png

This is my starting AM(C). In the current set-up he has been used as an AM on support. 

image.thumb.png.ad3be18d061f31587500e348e73ef7c8.png

Any comments and suggestions would be welcome! 

Crikey! He looks good! :thup:

Do you have any PIs on him?

The CF(A) will look to do a bit of everything, including roaming around which could move him away from dangerous areas. With him being your lone striker you might benefit by having him a bit more stationary 

The IW(A) will be looking to get into the area too so he should be getting on the end of things so there should be some good interaction there 

You need to give Six the number 6!! He's a number 6 by name & nature :D

Edited by Johnny Ace

27 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Crikey! He looks good! :thup:

Do you have any PIs on him?

The CF(A) will look to do a bit of everything, including roaming around which could move him away from dangerous areas. With him being your lone striker you might benefit by having him a bit more stationary 

The IW(A) will be looking to get into the area too so he should be getting on the end of things so there should be should good interaction there 

You need to give Six the number 6!! He's a number 6 by name & nature :D

Yeah that sounds like a good place to start. Will try an AF and go from there, just don’t want him to be too isolated! 

No PIs on him currently

haha, definitely will be giving him the number 6 shirt, no idea why I’ve not done it yet! 

2 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

Yeah that sounds like a good place to start. Will try an AF and go from there, just don’t want him to be too isolated! 

He should be alright with the AMC behind him

3 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

No PIs on him currently 

You could ask him to dribble more, he looks unstoppable. He'll already look to play more through balls so no need to ask that 

5 minutes ago, benhoward12 said:

haha, definitely will be giving him the number 6 shirt, no idea why I’ve not done it yet! 

It's gotta be done!!! 

2 hours ago, benhoward12 said:

The main issue I have with the tactic is the lack of output from my attacking midfielders

Looking at the rest of your setup, my first tweak would be swapping around the duties of the 2 CMs behind him:

DLPsu    CMde

That would make more space for the AMC to operate.

I added the PIs ‘dribble more’ and made the switch with my midfielders as mentioned above. 

Overall the team results are good, however the AM(C) only has 2 goals and 2 assists in 26 games. I would expect a higher output from him, just feel I’m missing that spark from this position 

Edited by benhoward12